Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
So what?

Who hasn't had a bad series? He's not a shooter...Kevon Looney destroyed everyone on the boards in the playoffs he was dead ass averaging 18.8 rebounds per 36 minutes in the 'offs. It's called gameplanning, matchups, circumstances (I wonder how a paint dominant player would benefit from his team shooting better than 30 fukking % from three in a series) that was dude first time in the playoffs as a featured player like that.

Again SOMEONE has to lose :snoop:
You typed all that for no reason :umad:
Only reason I brought his shooting up was bc it was brought up that he shot “37% from three” as a positive when we know he’s not that nice from there. That was fool’s gold :yeshrug:

He’s a solid player and a nice piece. We’ll see if he’s worth the max extension. He’s got one bad series out of the way.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Y’all crazy as fukk if you’re cool with your team giving Sabonis that :mjlol:

No fukkin way. I wouldn’t give a nikka 200 mil unless they’ve won a title, MVP or they are a generational player
To be fair athletes are making too much damn money and been making too much damn money with all the problems we have in this country but that is what is negotiated in the CBA and with inflation these contracts are probably on pace with the smaller deals of the past.

For the Kings he's their max player and I think he actually took under the max.

I guess the Kings should just rebuild now then there's shame in losing a 7 game series to the Warriors of all teams :dwillhuh:

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
There's a reason the Warriors focused their defense on scheming around Sabonis. He makes that offense go. They took away the dribble handoff and looked to make him an aggressive scorer. That's not his game. Kings and Warriors run a very similar offense as well.

Sabonis play was a reason they lost but the main reasons they lost were giving up all the offensive rebounds and missing a ton of wide open 3s. Also, if Harrison Barnes makes that 3 in Game 4, we're not having this discussion. It is what it is.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
He’s a solid player and a nice piece. We’ll see if he’s worth the max extension. He’s got one bad series out of the way.
He's worth it as long as he continues his play or exceeds it. The Kings are back relevant only one team can win the championship each year teams still need to stay over the salary floor the money still has to be spent and tickets still need to be sold it’s a business and entertainment package first.

Big Mountain Hélà

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
954/718
He's a 3 time all-star who averages a double double and shot 37% from 3. Defensively you're somewhat correct, but ppl said the same about Joker and he's slower ( I'm not saying he's Sabonis level, I'm just comparing one aspect)

Mfs is just flat wrong about Sabonis. With more experience he'll be a force

Numbers wise

Sabonis = Randle without hops

And last I checked Randle was an overpay at 126
:sas1:

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
He's worth it as long as he continues his play or exceeds it. The Kings are back relevant only one team can win the championship each year teams still need to stay over the salary floor the money still has to be spent and tickets still need to be sold it’s a business and entertainment package first.
That’s fair breh. He’s not a scrub. He’s just not a shooter and I was addressing that. He’s a playmaker :manny:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
You typed all that for no reason :umad:
Only reason I brought his shooting up was bc it was brought up that he shot “37% from three” as a positive when we know he’s not that nice from there. That was fool’s gold :yeshrug:

37% from a 6'11 creh who avgs a triple double isn't nice? WTF was Sacramento's alternative?

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Numbers wise

Sabonis = Randle without hops

And last I checked Randle was an overpay at 126
:sas1:
Randle is all nba too :mjtf:

Y’all expecting teams to resurrect mfers from the dead? Like breh this is it, these are the players in the legaue, flaws and all. Ain’t no secret stash of better players

‘I’ma just create a myplayer’ lookin ass

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

Lol they're regretting this bullshyt contract before the ink even dries :deadrose:
Easily the worst contract handed out this offseason
If he gets moved eventually it's gonna be a Bradley Beal like return. No chance any team is giving something good for that deal

How are they regretting keeping an asset that they can then move in a trade and get even more assets back instead of letting him walk for free…what do you think they were going to do with that cap space instead :mjlol:

The only people calling this a bad deal are the ones that let YouTubers convince them that “Dame tricked them into resigning him” lmao

nikkas still think it’s 2003 and not 2023 when it comes to NBA money