Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Huge difference. By that time Amen ready to take over. No way in hell they pickin that up
Exactly. I’ve been reading posts on this forum all confused about the details of that contract and figured o spot that. Y’all need to stop depending on the major media outlets for your info. They don’t tell the whole story. The same way they not reporting that the Dillon Brooks signing is a big a big sign and trad, including 4 teams, that’s going to give the rockets around 10 million in cap space as opposed to outright signing him.

Patty Mills is not staying with the rockets. He involved in the Brooks deal and being rerouted

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
The wouldve beaten GSW with Lillard…..
Based on what? That's easy to say in hindsight.

Dame doesn't have a great track record against the Warriors in the playoffs either. You're gutting the roster and losing continuity by trading for him. He doesn't improve their biggest weaknesses either.

The Kings have De'Aaron Fox. Why would they need Dame Lillard?

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Based on what? That's easy to say in hindsight.

Dame doesn't have a great track record against the Warriors in the playoffs either. You're gutting the roster and losing continuity by trading for him. He doesn't improve their biggest weaknesses either.

The Kings have De'Aaron Fox. Why would they need Dame Lillard?

The suns have Devin Booker, why would you need Bradley Beal? :wtf: The warriors had Steph, but won a chip with Jordan Poole

Those kings pieces are highly replaceable. Even Murray. People tend to grow irrational bonds to players just bc something worked. And tend to overlook the real engine behind it (Fox and Sabonis).

As if it couldn’t work in another way. I like to challenge that. What does Keegan Murray do that christian wood doesn’t? One guy just has a bad perception and one has the illusion of endless growth. They’re the same player. Tweener bigs who don’t play defense and essentially just shoot.

My global point is we’ve seen this story before. 3,4 years from now when the kings have plateaued it’s gonna look wild to say ‘ the kings coulda had Lillard for Murray, monk, and Huerter’

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
The suns have Devin Booker, why would you need Bradley Beal? :wtf: The warriors had Steph, but won a chip with Jordan Poole

Those kings pieces are highly replaceable. Even Murray. People tend to grow irrational bonds to players just bc something worked. And tend to overlook the real engine behind it (Fox and Sabonis).

As if it couldn’t work in another way. I like to challenge that. What does Keegan Murray do that christian wood doesn’t? One guy just has a bad perception and one has the illusion of endless growth. They’re the same player. Tweener bigs who don’t play defense and essentially just shoot.

My global point is we’ve seen this story before. 3,4 years from now when the kings have plateaued it’s gonna look wild to say ‘ the kings coulda had Lillard for Murray, monk, and Huerter’

I watch the Kings. I don't need you to tell me about them. The Kings don't need to trade all that for an aging Dame Lillard on his current contract.

Nobody is saying Keegan Murray is gonna be some superstar. All he has to do is be a reliable 3rd option and improve defensively and add some off the dribble scoring to his game. You're the only one suggesting the Kings do this so there's not gonna be hindsight in saying the Kings should have traded for Dame.

What's wrong with letting the same team grow together and improve? They have great chemistry and a great locker room. Why blow that up?

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I watch the Kings. I don't need you to tell me about them. The Kings don't need to trade all that for an aging Dame Lillard on his current contract.

Nobody is saying Keegan Murray is gonna be some superstar. All he has to do is be a reliable 3rd option and improve defensively and add some off the dribble scoring to his game. You're the only one suggesting the Kings do this so there's not gonna be hindsight in saying the Kings should have traded for Dame.

What's wrong with letting the same team grow together and improve? They have great chemistry and a great locker room. Why blow that up?

@ the bolded. Ha. That easy, huh?

My simple point is that’s not ‘all that’. Malik monk and Huerter were deemed expendable by two teams just a year before. So don’t conflate the kings being a 3 seed with ‘those guys are untouchable don’t change anything. Many teams have made that mistake. Don’t Thybuille yourself.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
@ the bolded. Ha. That easy, huh?

My simple point is that’s not ‘all that’. Malik monk and Huerter were deemed expendable by two teams just a year before. So don’t conflate the kings being a 3 seed with ‘those guys are untouchable don’t change anything. Many teams have made that mistake. Don’t Thybuille yourself.
So them having success with the Kings and being in a good situation doesn't matter? Huerter and Monk are only 24 and 25. They won't get better either? They're finished products? We've never seen players leave teams and be better with others?

Nobody is saying they're untouchable either. You're arguing just to argue now.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So them having success with the Kings and being in a good situation doesn't matter? Huerter and Monk are only 24 and 25. They won't get better either? They're finished products? We've never seen players leave teams and be better with others?

Nobody is saying they're untouchable either. You're arguing just to argue now.
Dame is surely going to stop Looney from going on a rampage and destroying Sac's frontcourt :dead: