Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea but at some point you gotta make a stand. You can do right by him while still not trading him to some irrational short list of teams. You gotta address the hypocrisy. These nggs call themself superstars but only wanna play with their friends

If Portland traded dame to Sacramento without his ‘authorization’, wtf is he gon be mad at, that’s he’s FORCED to play with 2 all-nba players?! It’s ridiculous

I “get” it…I just don’t see the blazers being the team that will take that stand at this time

Braman

Superstar
Daps

Lakers with an almost perfect off-season

However…. there’s a hair thin margin of error, and while the gabe vincent signing was flashy, going from Schroeder to him defensively may be what puts them out in the playoffs. Schroeder gave Steph fits…they now have plenty of wing defenders but zero guys who can guard 1s

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

However…. there’s a hair thin margin of error, and while the gabe vincent signing was flashy, going from Schroeder to him defensively may be what puts them out in the playoffs. Schroeder gave Steph fits…they now have plenty of wing defenders but zero guys who can guard 1s

Max Christie has tremendous defensive upside. He has high defensive IQ and has all of the tools.

Plus the rookie JHS has defensive potential. I think they will be fine without Schroder.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps

I think Gabe can do a decent job in that regard. Also Vando was probably the guy who did the best on Steph, but he played himself off the court on the offensive end. Max and JHS are decent options

Lakers need a vet big, and can even bring back Beasley and hope he can get his shot back

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Yeah Schroeder gave them good minutes. If they wanted to bring in Vincent I understand but if the choice was between Schroeder and Dlo I’d have kept Schroeder

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Yeah Schroeder gave them good minutes. If they wanted to bring in Vincent I understand but if the choice was between Schroeder and Dlo I’d have kept Schroeder
No.. at least not in the regular season

DS is limited. DLO can playmake and spread the floor. DS wasn't that great in the playoffs besides being a good POA defender.. other than that he didn't provide much

Not a good shooter, not a good playmaker, couldn't get AD involved enough.. good player, just think you can upgrade from him and Gabe/DLO are good choices

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

I think they needed Shroeder, Rui and Reaves to call this a perfect offseason, and even tho DLo is actually better than the 3 i just mentioned, he's the most expendable fit wise. They basically needed to run this year back, now they've lost shroeder and it's unclear where Reaves is going.

If reaves is out, I think they're cooked. Gabe is going to help out with their shooting but he's no shroeder IMO.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I think they needed Shroeder, Rui and Reaves to call this a perfect offseason, and even tho DLo is actually better than the 3 i just mentioned, he's the most expendable fit wise. They basically needed to run this year back, now they've lost shroeder and it's unclear where Reaves is going.

If reaves is out, I think they're cooked. Gabe is going to help out with their shooting but he's no shroeder IMO.
Reaves isn't going anywhere.

They are matching anything that he gets, and there aren't teams besides the Spurs, that have cap space to offer him anything. He probably gets 4/54 or maybe just a lil more.

Regardless Lakers already offered him immediately when FA opened.. The issue was always "does DLO come back? At what price?"

Braman

Superstar
Daps

Reeves is a RFA they’re 100% signing him

D also is more important than people realize. People forget that when bron was out that ‘big 3’ of d lo reeves and AD was winning games. You need someone like D Lo to carry the offensive load when bron and AD inevitably miss games. An all defense approach will have you end up a 7 seed

D Lo Reeves and Rui should play huge minutes this year and get buckets

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps

Vincent did a great job in the offs defending of ther point guards

Won’t know until someone makes an offer. Lakers will match unless it’s ridiculous