Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Spurs better
Breh that's fukked up. I'm sure Portland wouldn't have signed him to those many years if they new Dame was requesting a trade.

That's fukking with their cap down the line.

If I'm Portland, I rescind the offer if it's not signed or maybe a sign and trade.
It is. But the game is fukked up :manny:.

Dam said I don't want a youth movement. And Portland said aight bet and then drafted Scoot :manny:

Hurt people hurt people :manny:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They shouldn’t have needed a ‘feeling’. This situation has LONG shifted from ‘Dame should want out’ to now…’Portland should want Dame gone’.

Their roster is rivaling OKC/Houstonn in terms of young hitters. Scoot is potentially generational and they lucked up to get him at 3. Their dumb ass should have pushed the button before Dame even opened his mouth. Instead, they played a game of chicken to not be the bad guy. They paid 150 million for it

it was obvious as hell dame was leaving when he popped up at those playoff games…one was the nets/6ers game and I can’t remember the other game…I’m not gonna front on some “I absolutely knew it” shyt but a lot of us saw that as a sign that there was a good chance he was leaving portland this off-season…I think he ends up in brooklyn or philly

KneeGrow.

Superstar
Daps
Suns aint getting Dame for CP3, Shamet and 2nd round draft picks

he wouldn’t have wanted to go to the suns and it seems like portland will do their best to send him to his preferred destination(s) fwiw

I don't disagree but I also want Ayton out of my face, so an earlier request from Dame could have facilitated movement on that front at least

Braman

Superstar
Daps
It’s crazy to me how the media can make enough noise that we normalize a trade destination. Miami doesn’t even make sense! :bryan: I’ve said a million times Portland is SET with guards they do not need Tyler Herro.

Brooklyn? BROOKLYN?. Ngga for WHO?!

Like why does no one bring up sacramento…OKC…..Denver! It’s not ideal but it’s at least an option to broach. Nuggets will eventually need to trade MPJ. Denver likely (maybe) says no, but at least bring it up. There’s more than 5 teams in the league!!! And he has FOUR years left on his deal why are people acting like he has a no trade. It’s annoying af watching people with a straight face mock him to teams that don’t even have assets to get him

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s crazy to me how the media can make enough noise that we normalize a trade destination. Miami doesn’t even make sense! :bryan: I’ve said a million times Portland is SET with guards they do not need Tyler Herro.

Brooklyn? BROOKLYN?. Ngga for WHO?!

Like why does no one bring up sacramento…OKC…..Denver! It’s not ideal but it’s at least an option to broach. Nuggets will eventually need to trade MPJ. Denver likely (maybe) says no, but at least bring it up. There’s more than 5 teams in the league!!! And he has FOUR years left on his deal why are people acting like he has a no trade. It’s annoying af watching people with a straight face mock him to teams that don’t even have assets to get him

bcuz we’re re in a league now where teams “reward” certain superstars by honoring trade request destinations…this is not new…KD was sent to phoenix with NO other teams considered even tho there may have been better deals out there…I didn’t like it but again that’s how it’s been for a few seasons now…so there should be no surprise if portland does the same…if anything I’d be MORE surprised if he’s traded to a team that he didn’t request

Braman

Superstar
Daps
bcuz we’re re in a league now where teams “reward” certain superstars by honoring trade request destinations…this is not new…KD was sent to phoenix with NO other teams considered even tho there may have been better deals out there…I didn’t like it but again that’s how it’s been for a few seasons now…so there should be no surprise if portland does the same…if anything I’d be MORE surprised if he’s traded to a team that he didn’t request

Yea but at some point you gotta make a stand. You can do right by him while still not trading him to some irrational short list of teams. You gotta address the hypocrisy. These nggs call themself superstars but only wanna play with their friends

If Portland traded dame to Sacramento without his ‘authorization’, wtf is he gon be mad at, that’s he’s FORCED to play with 2 all-nba players?! It’s ridiculous