Notice Of Separation: The 2023 NBA Free agency/Off-Season Thread

Braman

Superstar
Daps
is Vincent really that much of an upgrade over Dennis tho lol

The way cats talkin i thought Vincent must be a high 30s 3 pt shooter. I look and he’s a 33% shooter just like Dennis :snoop:

If he ain’t got that over him he ain’t got nothing else. Dennis is a dog. Pelinka be puttin in work but seem like he always makes 1 move too much and overlooks chemistry

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Everyone calling Trent dumb…if you look closely these huge deals are Re-signings. Only 5,6 teams have outright cap space and no one has used it yet.

Trent is making 18M…he ran the risk of only getting the MLE if one of those 6 teams didnt pay. He’ll get his money next year

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The way cats talkin i thought Vincent must be a high 30s 3 pt shooter. I look and he’s a 33% shooter just like Dennis :snoop:

If he ain’t got that over him he ain’t got nothing else. Dennis is a dog. Pelinka be puttin in work but seem like he always makes 1 move too much and overlooks chemistry

like i said gabe just had that travis best 2000 pacer run/ 2007 boobie gibson cavs run and swindled a team

as well he's 27 so its not like he's going to improve

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Everyone calling Trent dumb…if you look closely these huge deals are Re-signings. Only 5,6 teams have outright cap space and no one has used it yet.

Trent is making 18M…he ran the risk of only getting the MLE if one of those 6 teams didnt pay. He’ll get his money next year

trent is dumb, because the raptors would have resigned him to a ridiculous deal or at least done a sign and trade just like the cavs are doing wiht the heat for strus

trent is probably the only nba player who picked up his option that wasn't injured or didn't suck last year

lib123

All Star
Daps
Teams have to spend 90% of they cap before training camp starts, or they don't get paid tax distribution. And that tax distribution is actual real money that goes into teams pockets and NOT salary cap money that just sets there having to be used for salary.

People don't really think about salary cap money being something you can only use for salary cap, and tax distribution money is money you can use for anything.

This is why all of that second apron going to kill the middle class and star players are going to make all the money talk was just content creation. Role players are going to get paid in this new CBA cause teams literally HAVE to spend the money.

Now what you will see is shorter deals, to offset the salary that a team MUST spend now in a certain amount of time. You see a lot of these are 2 year deals. But in the long run the role players will come out ahead since the cap is always going up and they going to be jumping back into free agency again.
It wasn't content creation. Role players are definitely going to be squeezed by the new CBA. Teams way below the cap just had to reach the floor this summer. The new CBA will also allow star players to get bigger raises, which hasn't kicked in yet. Inevitably bad teams will be taking on more bad contracts in return for picks as contenders try to get under the 2nd apron next summer.