Not Your Ordinary Beef… Not your Ordinary Tea…Not Your Ordinary Cac…Canelo v Plant Sho PPV Nov 6th

Who wins??

• Canelo easy KO

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Canelo UD

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • Plant UD too slick

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Plant by KO

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Sad Flabavidez

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Ward Advises Plant that Key to Fighting Canelo, Power Punchers Is 'Rattling Their Cage'
plant-ward.jpg

BY SEAN NAM
Published Thu Oct 21, 2021, 08:23 AM EDT

Andre Ward appears to believe that Caleb Plant will need to do more than simply try to outbox Canelo Alvarez in order to win their undisputed super middleweight title bout.

Nashville’s Plant, the IBF 168-pound titleholder, will face Alvarez, the division’s WBA/WBC/WBO champion, on Nov. 6 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Ward, the former two-time champion and current ESPN commentator, was recently spotted in the gym working with Plant. Neither fighter has divulged what they worked on with regards to the Alvarez fight, but in a recent interview with FightHype.com, Ward seemed to offer one possible – and somewhat surprising – strategy that was broached: bullying the bully.

Indeed, while Ward may have made a name for himself as one of the best defensive fighters of his era, he apparently does not hold fast to the idea that playing keep away in the ring for 12 rounds is always the best winning strategy. Ward, moreover, seemed to hint that for Plant, a defensively minded fighter, to be successful against Alvarez (56-1-2, 38 KOs), he will need to rough up the Mexican on the inside on more than a few occasions.

“I’m not a believer when you face a guy that’s powerful or a guy that’s supposed to have punching power you’re [supposed to] avoid him and being perfect for 12 [rounds],” Ward told FightHype.com “Like, I don’t believe in that. Like, I like to go rattle their cage. In fact, you gotta rattle the cage. What I mean by that is that sometimes you gotta go to that power and smother it. You gotta let them know, whoever it is, hey, you can get hurt, too. And then that enables you to box and do what you need to do. So, it’s a mixture of everything. Caleb understands that. He’s a high IQ fighter.”

Ward’s own career may serve as an example of this philosophy. Against the likes of power punchers such as Sergey Kovalev, Carl Froch and Mikkel Kessler to name a few, Ward often sought to manhandle them on the inside. Suffice to say, Ward, for all his defensive instincts, understood he needed to be more offensive at times in order to discourage his opponents.

“You may have your bread and butter, like, ‘hey, I’mma box,’ but I’ve never seen it work when you have a pure boxer,” Ward said. “Talking about a Pernell Whitaker or something – he’s different. He’s a rare breed. I’m talking about modern day fighters, when they don’t really have any physical strength and don’t have any power and they just think they can pick and poke for 12 rounds and not get hit. That rarely works.”

Ward, however, believes Plant (21-0, 12 KOs), who has fought at the 168-pound limit for the majority of his career, is far stronger than he has let on in his previous fights.

“Caleb is a guy that has more power than they realize,” Ward said. “I think he’s physically strong. I just think it’s always crazy until you do it. It’s easy for fans to choose — the easy pick is Canelo because of his history and everything he accomplished.

“But I’mma support Caleb, win, lose, or draw. But I think he has a great opportunity to go out there and shock the world. He just needs to put his mental on and make it happen.”

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Ward gonna get plant slumped even sooner than I thought :francis:

But I'm liking what I'm hearing from plant and his trainer. They've really convinced themselves canelo's boxing ability isn't on their level. They even brought in Shawn porter for help :mjlol:......Canelo won't take plant lightly. He's gonna let plant get his shyt off then pick him apart. Canelo's BOXING ability will be the difference in this fight.

But only 2 more weeks til we make history :wow:

#CaneloCartel:blessed:

Last edited:

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Ward is on point with that…he did it with Kov.

Canelo did exactly that in the fights with GGG and even Danny Jacob did it against GGG at times.

I feel like this going to be another sort of semi boring Canelo fight where he just outclass the opponent. Not really Canelo fault tho just the way I think it’s going to go.

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Ward is on point with that…he did it with Kov.

Canelo did exactly that in the fights with GGG and even Danny Jacob did it against GGG at times.

I feel like this going to be another sort of semi boring Canelo fight where he just outclass the opponent. Not really Canelo fault tho just the way I think it’s going to go.

Canelo is going to put Plant in a bodybag. Levels y'all

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Whoever producing them beats on Plant's Road to Undisputed been putting in work. Them shyts been fire. Hope they shooting him some decent bread.