Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
In reality we need to sign Brandon LLoyd, furthermore we got mad CB's on our squad, someones gotta step up. Nuff said.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Perrish Cox is gonna get more snaps, which is a good thing, imo. I think he is an underrated cornerback, he played pretty well last year when out there and I think he is a true cover corner. Also that young kid from Rutgers.

Something is wrong here, we might be going to hard at training camp.
Ive always liked Cox (pause/no homo/all that), but I really wish Wright wouldve passed the physical right about now. the thought of bum ass Brock in our secondary is :shaq2:

I was never such a big fan of cully as most people on here, but this just is bad, ACL tear :sadbron: injuries piling up fast and we aint start the season yet :damn:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i remember moss and harbaugh having a falling out, anybody know what exactly happened?

Daps
In reality we need to sign Brandon LLoyd, furthermore we got mad CB's on our squad, someones gotta step up. Nuff said.

With Cully going down it sucks, but it's good we got Nnamdi as an insurance policy.

It is hard not to get more pessimistic about this year, but I think we need to sign Lloyd or some other WR immediately.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
With Cully going down it sucks, but it's good we got Nnamdi as an insurance policy.

It is hard not to get more pessimistic about this year, but I think we need to sign Lloyd or some other WR immediately.
if we didnt get Nnamdi, Id be panicking right now.
still got tons of faith in dude, and his splits basically say hes still a decent man coverage corner, just cant play zone at all

Daps
if we didnt get Nnamdi, Id be panicking right now.
still got tons of faith in dude, and his splits basically say hes still a decent man coverage corner, just cant play zone at all

Yeah i`m not so freightened about CB, but WR seems like a complete crapshoot. No faith in that area

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yeah i`m not so freightened about CB, but WR seems like a complete crapshoot. No faith in that area
for WRs we just need bodies till Mario comes back. then, of course, a lot of our tough games are in the first half of the season. on other hand, a lot of those teams have suspect run defenses as well

I think as long as we get quan, vernon and vance out there, with all our RBs healthy, we should be ok. Im predicting vance will turn some heads early on too. and hopefully KW is healthy so we can get some resemblance of a deep threat

NegMawon

Rookie
Daps
We avoided injuries for the most part the past 2 years but now its gettin ridiculous .. and we havent even played a pre-season game
...looking at our schedule we need as many healthy bodies as possible ..I see theyre bringing in COllie for a second look and also looking at
lavelle hawkins ..but id welcome lloyd back

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE

Help is on the way?
:sadcam:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/02/lavelle-hawkins-expected-to-work-out-for-49ers/
The advice used to be that if you were going to San Francisco, you should be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.

Now, though, it would be more advisable to bring a pair of wide receiver gloves. The team’s been looking at veteran receivers of all stripes since training camp started and it looks like Lavelle Hawkins will be joining that list.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports that Hawkins will work out for the 49ers this week. Hawkins was released by the Patriots on Tuesday, a couple of months after the team signed him as a free agent. Hawkins, a 2008 fifth-round pick, spent the first five years of his career with the Titans.

The 49ers have worked out Austin Collie and Laurent Robinson this week as they search for help at receiver to bolster a corps that’s been worn thin by injury.Michael Crabtree is out for a while with an Achilles tear, Mario Manninghamis on the PUP list while he recovers from a torn ACL and several wideouts have been dealing with hamstring issues.

Daps
for WRs we just need bodies till Mario comes back. then, of course, a lot of our tough games are in the first half of the season. on other hand, a lot of those teams have suspect run defenses as well

I think as long as we get quan, vernon and vance out there, with all our RBs healthy, we should be ok. Im predicting vance will turn some heads early on too. and hopefully KW is healthy so we can get some resemblance of a deep threat
I too have a good feeling about Vance, but reports out of camp don't really boost him up.

I think if we run Vance and Celek out when we need 2 TE's and maybe we really should put Vernon at WR, or at least experiment with it.

I feel so desperate at the WR spot, not a good feeling. Sucks too because we have a bonafide superstar QB for the first time in a looooooooooong time.