Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
flacco was literally a desparation hail mary away from his team losing...yes he had a great run but it was a once in a lifetime run

The Flacco deal was more of a "Thanks, bruh" so as crappy of a deal it is...they basically paid for a SB. Also, Flacco was actually good in the last 2 playoff runs. He was a drop away from making the SB the year before and then Baltimore won the next year. So it's safe to assume that Flacco can be good in the playoffs and help you win another SB. Still is pedestrian in the regular season but dude has been kinda money in the last few playoffs. 19TD to 8INTs in the playoffs.

I'd pay that crappy Flacco deal for a few years for a SB. Wouldn't you?

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Looking ahead to the draft between our 1st round two second and third picks we need to find a legit deep theat at WR and corner. The 2 WRs that will be there for us Marquise Lee and Odell Beckham ..we need a backup plan in case Crabs walks next year and Boldin walks this offseason . No telling what's gonna happen with Jonathan Baldwin. The draft will tell us what Baalke is thinking when it comes to other positions. Count me in the camp that Kap really needs to agree to a cap friendly deal.
baldwin will be let go

if we sign a a good cb in the off season then i could see us drafting a wr

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
The Flacco deal was more of a "Thanks, bruh" so as crappy of a deal it is...they basically paid for a SB. Also, Flacco was actually good in the last 2 playoff runs. He was a drop away from making the SB the year before and then Baltimore won the next year. So it's safe to assume that Flacco can be good in the playoffs and help you win another SB. Still is pedestrian in the regular season but dude has been kinda money in the last few playoffs. 19TD to 8INTs in the playoffs.

a thanks bruh contract?

wtf is that

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Ryan Fitzpatrick is a journeyman spot starter and has been his entire career. He's not any good.

Flacco had bad year this year. He's been to the playoffs every year of his career besides 2013. He's overpaid but he's way better than Fitzpatrick
Im not arguing that. Im arguing concept of value which you guys seem to miss. you guys are behaving like little children ' i want THAT one whos better and one that costs x1000 times more'. given a hard cap in football, there is zero reason to choose flacco over picks when you have to pay flacco 20 milly

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

only if Im assured we get a SB. but we're not. and Im willing to go on record that none of the big contract non-elite qbs' teams will win a SB in near future.
Ill take the qb whose value is best. in this case, its the VALUE of picks. build a good team, D, oline. plug picks in. groom starter. replace picks with starter. three years down the road, do it again if you have to. you keep core of your team and you prevent your team from one point of failure, ie qb getting 100m

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Im not arguing that. Im arguing concept of value which you guys seem to miss. you guys are behaving like little children ' i want THAT one whos better and one that costs x1000 times more'. given a hard cap in football, there is zero reason to choose flacco over picks when you have to pay flacco 20 milly

They weren't deciding between Flacco and picks though. Teams weren't going to give up two #1's for Flacco. This is the nature of the sport now. QB's who win get paid the most. Then you draft well and hope you have young players outperforming their rookie contracts. The Broncos have that right now with Decker and both Thomas'.

There are teams in this league who have never had a good QB. Kaepernick isn't going to be let go.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
people dont seem to understand what a hard cap is

they keep saying o we will cut kaep down the road if he isnt good

well that means we wont be able to sign aldon next year cause we will be over the cap

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
people dont seem to understand what a hard cap is

they keep saying o we will cut kaep down the road if he isnt good

well that means we wont be able to sign aldon next year cause we will be over the cap

You can keep Aldon and Kapernick. It can be done. Pass rushers and QB's are the two positions that will generally be locked up because they're the toughest to draft and are premium positions.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
They weren't deciding between Flacco and picks though. Teams weren't going to give up two #1's for Flacco. This is the nature of the sport now. QB's who win get paid the most. Then you draft well and hope you have young players outperforming their rookie contracts. The Broncos have that right now with Decker and both Thomas'.

There are teams in this league who have never had a good QB. Kaepernick isn't going to be let go.
most of those teams never had good teams tho.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
You can keep Aldon and Kapernick. It can be done. Pass rushers and QB's are the two positions that will generally be locked up because they're the toughest to draft and are premium positions.
crab wont be resigned then

which will make kaep even more inept