Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
http://www.spotrac.com/premium/research/nfl/contract-forecast-michael-crabtree-410/

Results
Length of the Contract
The mathematical average of the five contracts used as variables is 5.25 years. Many believe Cruz was awarded a 6th year to balance out what appeared to be a generous "hometown discount" in terms of annual average salary. We'll assume neither of this regarding Crabtree, and keep our forecasted length down to 5 years.

Value of the Contract
Crabtree was riding good if not great momentum into the 2013 season before the preseason achilles tear. His immediate impact to the offense upon returning this season combined with increased production (and the ability to handle and produce as the WR1 in San Francisco) in 2014 should lead him down the path to long-term deal.

At this point of the game it doesn't appear Crabtree is in the market to break anyone's bank with his a new contract. Some may speculate that his first round potential has yet to unfold, and that Crabtree should be paid on what he's expected to become, rather than what he's done thus far (i.e. Jay Cutler in Chicago). We'll stick to the math here in terms of our forecast. When factoring in a -3.44% prime to the original base numbers we're given the following contract prediction:
Spotrac's Prediction: 5 years, $44,812,278
• Average Annual Salary: $8,962,456
• Guaranteed Money: $13,600,000

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
The playoffs are random as hell breh...the key is getting there.
you were just telling me two weeks ago when discussing cutlers contract that making or not making playoffs is not a measure of success. make up your mind will ya ?

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
http://www.spotrac.com/premium/research/nfl/contract-forecast-colin-kaepernick-414/

Length of the Contract
At 26 years old, and further instantiating himself as the long-term franchise quarterback solution in San Franciso, it's perfectly likely the the 49ers extend Kaepernick out 7-8 years (keeping in mind that many of these lengthy deals have outs WELL before their expiration). For purposes of evaluation, we'll keep the length of this forecast at 6 years, the mathematical average.

Value of the Contract
Our initial base contract provided an average salary of just over $20.13 million per year, a figure that would place him 3rd among active quarterbacks. Our statistical comparison brought that number down to early slightly, with a 2.04% decrease.

Quick Thoughts
As a former 2nd-round pick, the 49ers don't have the ability to exercise a 5th year option on Kaepernick (something the Panthers can do with Cam Newton). With nearly $119.4M cap dollars allocated to their 2014 salary cap already, and a fairly potent list of 2014 free agents the 49ers have some work to do to make ends meet this offseason. As it stands, Kaepernick's $1.63M cap figure ranks 38th among 2014 quarterbacks, certainly a value. Financial strain or not, it makes sense on both sides for this extension to get done in the coming months, even if it means restructuring other veteran contracts (Vernon Davis, Frank Gore) to find the space.

Spotrac's Prediction: 6 years, $118,382,000
Average annual salary $19,730, 000, estimated $43,847,000 guaranteed

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
you were just telling me two weeks ago when discussing cutlers contract that making or not making playoffs is not a measure of success. make up your mind will ya ?

Cutler's not a talented enough guy to pencil a team into the playoffs. They're betting on him getting hot like Flacco did while everything else falls into place. Could Cutler go on a run? I think so.

Peyton, Rodgers and Brady make the playoffs every season because they're that good. Either way, you need good QB play to consistently compete for the playoffs. Ryan Fitzpatrick? Have you lost your god damn mind?

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Cutler's not a talented enough guy to pencil a team into the playoffs. They're betting on him getting hot like Flacco did while everything else falls into place. Could Cutler go on a run? I think so.

Peyton, Rodgers and Brady make the playoffs every season because they're that good. Either way, you need good QB play to consistently compete for the playoffs. Ryan Fitzpatrick? Have you lost your god damn mind?
ravens d was legit

bears wont be, they are now fukked

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

he said what qb has gone to 2 straight championships and i said sanchez making his dumbass look stupid

Poor QBs don't go to Championship games often. Is it possible? Yea...but eh...I just don't know about that philosophy.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

over last 3 years

85tds
66 ints
6.8ypa
60% completion
~81 qb rating

87 tds
54 ints
6.8 ypa
60% completion
~85 qb rating

one has a 100 milly contract, the other makes 3m in 2013
umm hell yeah give me the one that is cheaper :heh: this isnt even a discussion

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
over last 3 years

85tds
66 ints
6.8ypa
60% completion
~81 qb rating

87 tds
54 ints
6.8 ypa
60% completion
~85 qb rating

Personally, I'll take the Super Bowl.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Personally, I'll take the Super Bowl.
personally, you would pay a qb that you like the world and give him a blowjob. thats your fukking problem.

youd take a superbowl even tho the playoffs are a 'crapshoot'

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
over last 3 years

85tds
66 ints
6.8ypa
60% completion
~81 qb rating

87 tds
54 ints
6.8 ypa
60% completion
~85 qb rating

Say what you want about Flacco but Pickpatrick is not going on that kind of run and winning a SB. I don't care how great his team is. Flacco got hot and and lucked right into that contract. I don't see Fitzpatrick duplicating that....like ever...even with a great D.