Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
personally, you would pay a qb that you like the world and give him a blowjob. thats your fukking problem.

youd take a superbowl even tho the playoffs are a 'crapshoot'

you seem to be more obsessed with the QB position than anyone. Your schtick is getting old...its a team sport where not all positions are created equal. Its hard to win with bad QB play(i.e. turnovers) and good QB play can cover up other warts as Peyton did yesterday with time consuming drives.

And yeah the playoffs are basically a crapshoot. If you replayed yesterdays Niners Seahawks game there's no guarantee that result is the same. Ditto with last years SB. These teams are all awfully close.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Say what you want about Flacco but Pickpatrick is not going on that kind of run and winning a SB. I don't care how great his team is. Flacco got hot and and lucked right into that contract. I don't see Fitzpatrick duplicating that....like ever...even with a great D.
flacco was literally a desparation hail mary away from his team losing...yes he had a great run but it was a once in a lifetime run

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
well if kaep makes 18m plus a year were fukked

if he couldnt do shyt with vernon crab quan patton and gore

what is hhe gonna do with bums at wr

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
you seem to be more obsessed with the QB position than anyone. Your schtick is getting old...its a team sport where not all positions are created equal. Its hard to win with bad QB play(i.e. turnovers) and good QB play can cover up other warts as Peyton did yesterday with time consuming drives.

And yeah the playoffs are basically a crapshoot. If you replayed yesterdays Niners Seahawks game there's no guarantee that result is the same. Ditto with last years SB. These teams are all awfully close.
so if playoffs are a crapshoot, why would you talk about the superbowl ? :heh:

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
so if you arent disputing this, why wouldnt yout take the cheaper qb given they give pretty much equal production?
eyeball test ? :heh:

Flacco's younger and has more talent than Fitzpatrick does.

Fitzpatrick's always been a one read duck and sling quarterback. Flacco does have the ability to change a ballgame with one throw.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
? The playoffs being random doesn't make the accomplishment any less significant.
over the last 3 seasons these qbs compiled similar stats. youre saying playoffs are really random. who will you take given their current salaries and given the fact that flacco didnt win a ring for your franchise ?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Flacco's younger and has more talent than Fitzpatrick does.

Fitzpatrick's always been a one read duck and sling quarterback. Flacco does have the ability to change a ballgame with one throw.
flacco is the better qb, no doubt.

this 'better' is not worth the outrageous difference in their contracts though, at all.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
over the last 3 seasons these qbs compiled similar stats. youre saying playoffs are really random. who will you take given their current salaries and given the fact that flacco didnt win a ring for your franchise ?

Im taking Flacco without hesitation.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
flacco is the better qb, no doubt.

this 'better' is not worth the outrageous difference in their contracts though, at all.

He's overpaid I'm not disputing that...that's the owners fault though.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
youre a lost cause :snoop:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a journeyman spot starter and has been his entire career. He's not any good.

Flacco had bad year this year. He's been to the playoffs every year of his career besides 2013. He's overpaid but he's way better than Fitzpatrick

NegMawon

Rookie
Daps
Looking ahead to the draft between our 1st round two second and third picks we need to find a legit deep theat at WR and corner. The 2 WRs that will be there for us Marquise Lee and Odell Beckham ..we need a backup plan in case Crabs walks next year and Boldin walks this offseason . No telling what's gonna happen with Jonathan Baldwin. The draft will tell us what Baalke is thinking when it comes to other positions. Count me in the camp that Kap really needs to agree to a cap friendly deal.