not as a CONSOLE, but as a MACHINE tech wise can we admit PS4 PRO is dissapointing

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think PS4 owners should just be Happy that they actually have games

Because...ya know. That's the whole point of owning a gaming system.

If u own a PC there's no reason to own a Microsoft console again.
I own a pc and I own xbox one, and xbox one x. theres every reason. last time I checked they don't have halo 5 on pc, and a lot of my friends don't play online on pc.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No troll,

How many PC brehs are currently playing Destiny 2 in 4k(not 1440p) w/ 60+ FPS?:ld:

I keep looking through the and I've read before talking about trying to get their rig to run 4k/60fps but I believe only a few are.

Any idea?
How many console brehs are playing Destiny 2 in 60fps at ANY resolution?

Lemme tell u something.

Destiny 2 running at framerates higher than 90fps and around 100~165fps on a 165hz G sync monitor at 1440P is absolutely ridiculously smooth. Like I don't think y'all can even comprehend how much better it feels and looks. D2 at 60fps looks like 30fps to me now. shyt is mind boggling.

I have a 4K TV, I have a Pro. I played Destiny 2 on PS4 Pro, then played it on PC at 4K/60fps with HDR and then finally I bought a Dell 24inch 1440P/144hz(165hz OC) G Sync monitor and i can easily say hand over heart that Destiny 2 with unlocked framerates that's around 100~165fps on this 165hz G sync monitor is much more impressive than 4K.

4K looks nice as hell in stills and when you're initially starting up a game but 144hz? It's constant visual feedback and it's easily the most noticeable all the time.

I wish these consoles had more powerful CPU's and 4K TVs had VRR.

Last edited:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
My friend has a pro with the 4k set up and the whole 9....I don't see how you could justify copping another system for such marginal gains.

VG industry stay pimping it's user base, and fanboy culture enables it. Now instead of copping one system every gen, you're expected to cop 2. LMAO fukk outta here.

I really hope the VG industry crashes. Dudes out here fat as fukk anyway, they need to go outside it would be good for them in the long run.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

Lemme tell u something.

Destiny 2 running at framerates higher than 90fps and around 100~165fps on a 165hz G sync monitor at 1440P is absolutely ridiculously smooth. Like I don't think y'all can even comprehend how much better it feels and looks. D2 at 60fps looks like 30fps to me now. shyt is mind boggling.

I have a 4K TV, I have a Pro. I played Destiny 2 on PS4 Pro, then played it on PC at 4K/60fps with HDR and then finally I bought a Dell 24inch 1440P/144hz(165hz OC) G Sync monitor and i can easily say hand over heart that Destiny 2 with unlocked framerates that's around 100~165fps on this 165hz G sync monitor is much more impressive than 4K.

4K looks nice as hell in stills and when you're initially starting up a game but 144hz? It's constant visual feedback and it's easily the most noticeable all the time.

:dwillhuh: I understand that the console aren't doing most things in 60fps.

I was responding to a Breh who said a console version such as the pro or X is fraudulent unless it does 4k 60fps.

I asked because I was wondering if that opinion was based on the fact that most PC brehs are doing 4k /60fps.

Considering the convenience that we've established that consoles offer, a significant upgrade on a console that your library is on can be a viable purchase.

Do you disagree?

Also, are most PC gamers doing 4k/60fps w/ destiny 2?

--------
I just caught what you said about 1440p. Considering the pro doesn't don1440p and is either 1080 or 4k... Do you like the fact that the X will allow a compatibility w/ 1440p monitors and not be forced to settle w/ 1080p?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
How did Sony not foresee the One X? They're usually good at gauging the market.

We're they just caught up in their own hubris?

Sony had a price point in mind with the Pro (they already learned a hard lesson with the PS3 launch with high prices, so they had a sweet spot for the pro)

PS5 will also probably drop in 2-3 years more than likely (25th anniversary is December 2019).

And ps4 pro wasn't disappointing to me. Knew what I was copping and what I was paying for. Traded in my OG towards it. I have a 4K TV with a 10 bit HDR panel and the upgrade was worth it. Larger ecosystem with cats I play with instead of copping an X1X and not playing with the cats I've been running with for over a decade. Really not a hard choice. Tech comes out a year later and is better (and more expensive). That's tech for ya and how it works.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Me and my sister who's a gamer watched gears 4 being played in 4k and the reaction she had was like the same as mine the 1st time I saw it. She looked at me and was just shook her head like wow...ok. Wasn't expecting this much of a difference.

Infact I got dizzy when the game started, its a pretty big difference if you have the correct setup.

Its a big jump over the pro's 4k and that was just on gears, once a game is optimized for the system i can't even imagine.

I have a 1060 that I spent 300 on about a year ago, no 4k screen and a decent cpu/gpu( but that's dying so I'd have to replace that)

almost a year and a half later, if I want steady 4k graphics I'd need to spend another 300 bucks or so on a 30 inch monitor and really could stand to replace my card.

or I could spend 500 on the xb1x and drop a G 55inch on a tv and bet set for the next 3-4 years.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Sony replaced my PS4 with a brand new console. You should've called them dummy. Listen to people on the internet brehs.
My PS4 Pro with the jet engine in it was a "brand new" console too when it started doing that.
People report various other problems with their replacement units ranging from broken bluetooth/controller pairing, crashing while gaming.

Mine is working fine except for how loud it is so I'll take my chances, go to the PS4 forums around the web, Sony is quietly having serious quality control issues this generation and it's just not being publicized.

We'll have to wait and see on the One X I just got, but I have a Day One edition and and One S that I bought once it dropped and they're all running strong to this day.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Lemme tell u something.

nikkas dont get it. Lol

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
This whole gen has been a dissapointment

Only game i look forward to is RDR2, Fighting EX Layer and Days Gone

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: I understand that the console aren't doing most things in 60fps.

I was responding to a Breh who said a console version such as the pro or X is fraudulent unless it does 4k 60fps.

I asked because I was wondering if that opinion was based on the fact that most PC brehs are doing 4k /60fps.

Considering the convenience that we've established that consoles offer, a significant upgrade on a console that your library is on can be a viable purchase.

Do you disagree?
Idk about 4K/60fps not being reached everywhere as being fraudulent but I'll say that from a base X1 to a X1X it's a big difference. Cats thinking I'm hating but I think going from a PS4/X1 to a X1X is a nice upgrade.

What I'm SMH at is the cats on here pretending there's this gigantic, monumental difference from a Pro and a X1X when one can easily just look at comparisons/articles on DF and see that there's lots of exaggeration going on. If someone had a PS4 Pro, and bought a X1X because they thought they'd get some night/day difference it'd be silly. Pop in AC Origins, COD WW2, 2k, TF2 etc and yeah you'd be looking at a $500 difference to get slightly more clarity sometimes.

Also, are most PC gamers doing 4k/60fps w/ destiny 2?

--------
I just caught what you said about 1440p. Considering the pro doesn't don1440p and is either 1080 or 4k... Do you like the fact that the X will allow a compatibility w/ 1440p monitors and not be forced to settle w/ 1080p?
The X being compatible with 1440P is cool and all but it's still not that useful for console gamers as most I'd assume would be on a 1080P or 4K TV anyway. The VRR(variable refresh rate) support is cool and all but then like, there's not much point to it if the game isn't even hitting 30+fps. Most games are being capped at 30fps and then the few that aren't are capped at 60fps which again are games that are already sticking to the 60fps limit(COD, TF, racers etc which hardly drop frames.)

The real treat comes in when you have a system capable of pushing 100+fps on games and the monitor is 144hz/165hz with G sync. THAT'S where it's at. Sadly 4K TVs aren't looking like they'll support true 144hz right now but if they did then the console would've needed to be as powerful to drive that. As for D2, most PC gamers are probably playing it at any resolution at 60fps but then there's no limit here. There's also PC players playing at even higher framerates or at 21:9 aspect ration on better screens so the ceiling for PC gamers can't be compared with a console.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Idk about 4K/60fps not being reached everywhere as being fraudulent but I'll say that from a base X1 to a X1X it's a big difference. Cats thinking I'm hating but I think going from a PS4/X1 to a X1X is a nice upgrade.

What I'm SMH at is the cats on here pretending there's this gigantic, monumental difference from a Pro and a X1X when one can easily just look at comparisons/articles on DF and see that there's lots of exaggeration going on. If someone had a PS4 Pro, and bought a X1X because they thought they'd get some night/day difference it'd be silly. Pop in AC Origins, COD WW2, 2k, TF2 etc and yeah you'd be looking at a $500 difference to get slightly more clarity sometimes.

The X being compatible with 1440P is cool and all but it's still not that useful for console gamers as most I'd assume would be on a 1080P or 4K TV anyway. The VRR(variable refresh rate) support is cool and all but then like, there's not much point to it if the game isn't even hitting 30+fps. Most games are being capped at 30fps and then the few that aren't are capped at 60fps which again are games that are already sticking to the 60fps limit(COD, TF, racers etc which hardly drop frames.)

The real treat comes in when you have a system capable of pushing 100+fps on games and the monitor is 144hz/165hz with G sync. THAT'S where it's at. Sadly 4K TVs aren't looking like they'll support true 144hz right now but if they did then the console would've needed to be as powerful to drive that. As for D2, most PC gamers are probably playing it at any resolution at 60fps but then there's no limit here. There's also PC players playing at even higher framerates or at 21:9 aspect ration on better screens so the ceiling for PC gamers can't be compared with a console.
Basically. I see u loving that new monitor. Told u bro. Lol

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
My issue aint even wit this shyt being compared to the Pro. Its more powerful than the Pro and thats facts. My issue is this shyt being compared to HIGH END gaming PCs. Its just stupid.
Right.

It shouldn't be and equally so, people should not be claiming console gamers who want the most or best out of their console should automatically be willing to be on his/her PC gaming shyt.

Take the Breh @Ciggavelli. There are people who become passionate about their entertainment devices.

I could not see myself being okay with a mid to low level PC if much more powerful is just a amazon click away.

I don't want to be part of that rat race. I'm much more comfortable seeing one item - a console - as being a manageable passion than multi part items in the quest for the best multiplayer game experience that particular entertainment machien has to offer.

Last edited: