Non-Black People who throw in their two scents when Black people are discussing BLACK matters?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is critical race theory, @Raul. Catch up. It's not some elementary tutorial on Roberts Rules.

We're talking about political voice and representation. Who has the power of influence, inclusion, and on what grounds.

Black folks have historically had very limited political voice, so much so that we were not at liberty to represent ourselves, with our own opinions about our own matters. Self advocacy and even dissent were blocked.

so now, when Black folks get together and talk about Black shyt, it's fukking insulting when yet again non-blacks creep in and try to throw their weight around.

Like we can't have shyt, not even safe spaces where we value and affirm our own voices.

I told you earlier and i'll say it again, when Black folks are talking about Black shyt... you are NOT BLACK, SO fukk OFF.
Are you accusing me of suppressing anyone's voice on here? Of any color or race whatsoever?
Are you accusing me of claiming to speak for anyone but myself?
Because I'd like the receipts.

I'm free to opine as I see fit, and will continue to do so. There's no directives on my part here.

There are threads here every day dictating and criticizing what Muslims and Latinos must do about complicated violence, economic, and domestic issues abroad.
This hypocrisy should not be lost on certain members on the coli lamenting that somehow others are telling them what should be done about their communities.

cam>

All Star
Daps
Because we allow it. Why? Because we don't value blackness. Collectively, I mean.

this is exactly it.

Black folks always inviting non-Blacks into EVERYTHING. like we can't treat Blackness with intimacy.

Black culture is just always up for open consumption from everyone.

everyone feels they have legitimate power over Black shyt.

It's disgusting, and i really wish Black folks would stop encouraging that shyt.

gassin up white rappers, teaching Becy Black lingo, letting them drop their two cents about things they could NEVER understand.

cam>

All Star
Daps
Are you accusing me of suppressing anyone's voice on here? Of any color or race whatsoever?
Are you accusing me of claiming to speak for anyone but myself?
Because I'd like the receipts.

I'm free to opine as I see fit, and will continue to do so. There's no directives on my part here.

There are threads here every day dictating and criticizing what Muslims and Latinos must do about complicated violence, economic, and domestic issues abroad.
This hypocrisy should not be lost on certain members on the coli lamenting that somehow others are telling them what should be done about their communities.

I am accusing you of treating Blackness as a thing for open consumption, and an area where you mistakenly feel entitled.

I'm telling you to have some fukking decency and not run your lip when Black folks are talking Black folks business.

I do not speak about Latino-ness, as an identity, because I don't have that lived experience. I recognize where my voice is and is not valuable. And this is basic instinct I believe many Black people have. But non-black people rarely seems to have it FOR Black people.

i challenged you on it and you use the same deflection that white men have always used to co-opt Black voice and representation - "it shouldn't matter who it's coming from".

Well it does matter, and it matters because of privilege.

Let me give you a simple example. When your family is discussing a family issue, it's intimate. Should a total stranger, a person who is not family and has never lived a moment as a family member, feel entitled to throw in their two cents - ESPECIALLY if they were not invited and cannot offer solutions????

Smarten up. It's ridiculous.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
very glad you made this thread. it's disgusting that they come into threads discussing black issues and tell us what we should or shouldn't be doing or thinking. it's one thing if they offered their opinion but they speak as if blacks have any reason to listen to them. they need to worry about the issues in their own communities, especially under this current administration :coffee:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I am accusing you of treating Blackness as a thing for open consumption, and an area where you mistakenly feel entitled.

I'm telling you to have some fukking decency and not run your lip when Black folks are talking Black folks business.

I do not speak about Latino-ness, as an identity, because I don't have that lived experience. I recognize where my voice is and is not valuable. And this is basic instinct I believe many Black people have. But non-black people rarely seems to have it FOR Black people.

i challenged you on it and you use the same deflection that white men have always used to co-opt Black voice and representation - "it shouldn't matter who it's coming from".

Well it does matter, and it matters because of privilege.

Let me give you a simple example. When your family is discussing a family issue, it's intimate. Should a total stranger, a person who is not family and has never lived a moment as a family member, feel entitled to throw in their two cents - ESPECIALLY if they were not invited and cannot offer solutions????

Smarten up. It's ridiculous.
You're creating a false narrative.
Let's get to what really brought this thread up.

Muslims in France protested on behalf of a violated black man.
That I suggested in that thread that this is a step in the right direction has you up in arms. Frankly it's ridiculous of you.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
This is critical race theory, @Raul. Catch up. It's not some elementary tutorial on Roberts Rules.

We're talking about political voice and representation. Who has the power of influence, inclusion, and on what grounds.

Black folks have historically had very limited political voice, so much so that we were not at liberty to represent ourselves, with our own opinions about our own matters. Self advocacy and even dissent were blocked.

so now, when Black folks get together and talk about Black shyt, it's fukking insulting when yet again non-blacks creep in and try to throw their weight around.

Like we can't have shyt, not even safe spaces where we value and affirm our own voices.

I told you earlier and i'll say it again, when Black folks are talking about Black shyt... you are NOT BLACK, SO fukk OFF.
Dominicans aren't black:russ:u a dumbass for real. DR is the same island as Haitia hoq are they not black just cuz most of them are in denial don't mean shyt. Afro Latinos exist. Millions of blacks in countries like cuba, dr, pr, columbia, Brazil ect. )

Lemme guess these people aren't black either huh

220px-Felix_trinidad_poster1.jpg

10042804_OC21GB86XT17.jpg

hector-camacho-poses-for-a-portrait-with-his-belt-in-new-york-picture-id173356986

cam>

All Star
Daps
You're creating a false narrative.
Let's get to what really brought this thread up.

Muslims in France protested on behalf of a violated black man.
That I suggested in that thread that this is a step in the right direction has you up in arms. Frankly it's ridiculous of you.

You are deflecting.

YOU ARE NOT BLACK. STAY OUT OF BLACK FOLKS BUSINESS.

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
But then you'd complain about how "no one cares about black issues" :mindblown:

The entire premise of this thread is stupid, should black people not speak on the radicalisation of white people then? :jbhmm:

The only thing bad about non-blacks talking about black issues is that they can assert their OPINIONS to be FACTS and that is wrong. We live in an age where people believe their opinions are equivalent to actual 1st hand accounts and facts.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But then you'd complain about how "no one cares about black issues" :mindblown:

The entire premise of this thread is stupid, should black people not speak on the radicalisation of white people then
? :jbhmm:

The only thing bad about non-blacks talking about black issues is that they can assert their OPINIONS to be FACTS and that is wrong. We live in an age where people believe their opinions are equivalent to actual 1st hand accounts and facts.

the radicalization of white people isnt a "black" issue though breh. they are radicalized against islam and latinos as well so them speaking on it makes sense. discernment needs to be practiced by them, period.

a dominican has no place telling black people how we should feel about arabs.