Nolan’s trilogy got crazy love in real time, why did the hate start a decade later?

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Cap trilogy is the best, But people like to act like his Third movie doesn't count.
some critics of the first movie,like Batman Begins some thought it was lukewarm on release. but the First movie aged very well
If I had a choice to watch BB or CA:TFA it would be the latter every time. And I agree his trilogy is better.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
I was one of the few people who wasn't in love with Rises right out of the gate.

But its revisionist history going on right now (go look at the original thread). People were saying Rises was better than TDK and the best comic book movie ever :laugh:
Excuse me? When did this happen? When did dark knight rises ever get more love than the dark knight? You are off base as fukk

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Cap trilogy is the best, But people like to act like his Third movie doesn't count.
some critics of the first movie,like Batman Begins some thought it was lukewarm on release. but the First movie aged very well
It's a close number 2, but

BB (9.5) > TFA (6.5)
TDR (9.0) > WS (8.5)
TDKR (6.0) < CW (9.0)

I still have to give the edge to Batman because to your point, Civil War felt more like an ensemble than a Cap movie.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BB = Underrated. Lowkey the best one.

TDK = Best performance out of the trilogy (the joker). The movie itself is good/great but seems more and more overrated as time goes by.

TDKR = it had its moments but definitely had issues (too long, didn't like the twist, didn't like the end).

Still a great trilogy overall.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The main issue with the trilogy was what occurred in the previous incarnation.

The Batman should have been cast as a villain.

Michael Douglas Keaton = beetleguise ..avillain
Christian bale = American psycho a villain

Val = iceman [best Bruce wayne but in a campy Adam west] villain ho competitor pete Mitchell saved in top gun

Clooney = slacker fukk up from welcome back

Ben Affleck = played the definitive nineties pedo grooming loser jock kr villain.

Robert Pattinson = era definitive vampire villain of ya novels

Phoenix : another movie about a basic joker story. Told better on an award winning animated series. That dc completely ignores the animated wing of.

The trilogy dealt to much with usurping the hero. For the villain.
Plus usurp'n the hero. To re-emasculate the hero.

. When no one likes death, of superman.
or bane breaks batman's back.
What did dc do. Try to revenue grab.
on a comic book school taught no no.

DC is inept as fukk.

Marvel then did rhe same thing dc did.

Which was ineptly stoopid as fukk too.

Killed captain America and iron man.
When you never kill flagship heros.

Art Barr

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Captain America trilogy shyts all over the Nolan series.
If dc too stupid. To incorporate a proper Robin to catwoman. That is not marvel fault. That dc is fukkin inept.

Art Barr
I honestly thought they were both great. I go back and forth. But i could understand why someone prefers the Captain America trilogy.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:ehh:Even back then people were clowning Bale’s Batman voice, the fight scenes, and TDKR. People praised the trilogy for its cast, Bale’s Bruce Wayne, soundtrack, the villains, and its realistic tone. :blessed:Still a good ass trilogy, goat villains, goat quotes.

Last edited:
Daps
BB = Underrated. Lowkey the best one.

TDK = Best performance out of the trilogy (the joker). The movie itself is good/great but seems more and more overrated as time goes by.

TDKR = it had its moments but definitely had issues (too long, didn't like the twist, didn't like the end).

Still a great trilogy overall.

:hhh:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I mean aside from the legit criticism oh the third film, they’re seen pretty favorably.

But people, some at least, myself included even with retaining love for the trilogy overall are sick of “grounded Batman” and the more you prop up Nolan the more people will go in that direction.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Begins was a solid start to the trilogy.

TDK was damn near perfect to me. Watch it anytime it pops up.

Rises though, was a tough watch for me. Don't think I watched it a 2nd time after the theatre. The Bane voice overlay was weird from the get go and not mixed well at all. Just didn't hit like TDK

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It's a close number 2, but

BB (9.5) > TFA (6.5)
TDR (9.0) > WS (8.5)
TDKR (6.0) < CW (9.0)

I still have to give the edge to Batman because to your point, Civil War felt more like an ensemble than a Cap movie.
where does the blade trilogy rank? Third one was trash obviously, but people loved the first two.