Nolan’s trilogy got crazy love in real time, why did the hate start a decade later?

Daps
I was one of the few people who wasn't in love with Rises right out of the gate.

But its revisionist history going on right now (go look at the original thread). People were saying Rises was better than TDK and the best comic book movie ever :laugh:

There’s outliers but Rises was getting crazy love, Bane had nikkas in the gym wearing stupid mask.

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
But its revisionist history going on right now (go look at the original thread). People were saying Rises was better than TDK and the best comic book movie ever :laugh:
you gotta understand how rabid the nolan stans were at this time. I remember a critic did an early review on his website saying the movie sucked and people were sending him death threats. everyone said he was just some hater who was full of shyt. this was before the movie even came out.

most people who weren't dikkriding nolan knew the movie was bad. I was listening to maronzio vance's podcast at the time and he trashed it. kevin smith did a podcast with some other dude and they shytted on it hard.

I remember seeing it the morning after a late shift the first day it came out, I couldn't even wait cause I was so excited. left the theater not knowing wtf I just saw. never sacrificed sleep for a movie again after that point lol

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
TDK is one of those movies that's great and overrated at the same time.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The final fight at the end of the trilogy was some shyt you'd see in a play. Hot trash. Batman works in the shadows and isn't having fist fights with killers and the cops in public, in broad daylight

Last edited:

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Begins - Some people thought it was lukewarm, but over time cinephiles amd comic heads like it the best.

The Dark Knight - The most popular. Obviously Heath's performance is lauded as one of the best acting performances of all time.

Rises - Bane was a mixed bag to people and the film itself was pretty inconsistent. Personally, I have a weird take. I thought Bane was miscast, but easily the best part of the film. And honestly, if TDKR was a more consistent film, Bane would probably viewed as favorably as Joker.

But in all, I am starting to see articles and YouTube videos saying the trilogy was overrated. This is cap. This is just commentators contrarian revisionist history that I think all online personalities gravitate towards for content. My critiques of the trilogy are, the fight choreography was lacking and TDKR had a megaton of plot holes right below the surface. Other than that, it's still the best comicbook trilogy of all-time.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Always thought BB was mid.
TDK the best of the bunch.
TDKR the worst of them.
This is pretty much the typical take i see when discussing this trilogy.
I don't know why people are call it revisionist history when its been this way the whole time.
And for the record i disagree with this take, i remember arguing on plenty of occasion that Batman Begins was a solid film
Those argument are how i know its not revisionist history for people to think this way about the first one.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Only the third movie gets hate.

The love for the second movie has waned over the years from enthusiastic to great movie with flaws.

The first one is starting to get the "it might be the best one out of the trilogy" treatment online
Man, TDK is literally one of the best comic book movies EVER. Beyond that, it’s just such a solid, complete film.
It’s literally as close to perfect as you can get. I don’t care what anyone says.

In fact, there was a big controversy because Hollywood didn’t take it seriously because it was a comic book film, but looking back everyone said it should’ve received Oscar nominations.

So fukk all that.

I love Nolan and he did his big one several times— including that trilogy. Especially TDK.

In fact that joint was on HBO (one of the channels ) last night.

CLASSIC!

And Bale was at his hottest in BB and TDK. Still super cute in BB, but a fine grown ass man in TDK. :ufdup:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, TDK is literally one of the best comic book movies EVER. Beyond that, it’s just such a solid, complete film.
It’s literally as close to perfect as you can get. I don’t care what anyone says.

In fact, there was a big controversy because Hollywood didn’t take it seriously because it was a comic book film, but looking back everyone said it should’ve received Oscar nominations.

So fukk all that.

I love Nolan and he did his big one several times— including that trilogy. Especially TDK.

In fact that joint was on HBO (one of the channels ) last night.

CLASSIC!

And Bale was at his hottest in BB and TDK. Still super cute in BB, but a fine grown ass man in TDK. :ufdup:
Yea I saw TDK 8 times in theaters that summer so I know it was flames, but people will try to peg down a masterpiece by calling it overrated

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Begins - Some people thought it was lukewarm, but over time cinephiles amd comic heads like it the best.

The Dark Knight - The most popular. Obviously Heath's performance is lauded as one of the best acting performances of all time.

Rises - Bane was a mixed bag to people and the film itself was pretty inconsistent. Personally, I have a weird take. I thought Bane was miscast, but easily the best part of the film. And honestly, if TDKR was a more consistent film, Bane would probably viewed as favorably as Joker.

But in all, I am starting to see articles and YouTube videos saying the trilogy was overrated. This is cap. This is just commentators contrarian revisionist history that I think all online personalities gravitate towards for content. My critiques of the trilogy are, the fight choreography was lacking and TDKR had a megaton of plot holes right below the surface. Other than that, it's still the best comicbook trilogy of all-time.
Cap trilogy is the best, But people like to act like his Third movie doesn't count.
some critics of the first movie,like Batman Begins some thought it was lukewarm on release. but the First movie aged very well