NOI brehs and former brehs, can you explain the climate after Elijah Muhammad died?

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
perfect storm....

1. Detroit was a hot bed at that time for Islamic/Eastern influences

2. He soaked up the lessons of Noble Drew Ali and it gave some weight with many of the blacks that would later follow him

3. He gave an origin story that he was of african descent + middle eastern (again, nothing about his features would have made "black" people see him as non-black, as long as he was of african descent via 1 drop rule....and he told them he was african descent)

according to elijah, Fard said he was african descent

rLdVH84.jpg

and I said earlier, non-white immigrants, especially ones who were darker/non-east-asian, could blend/travel into afroamerican circles easier + non-white immigrants could understand the struggle of african americans trying to fight against white supremacy

MLQpzB8.jpg

rtpviSo.jpg

RL4jR8n.jpg

Good info. I guess I had a point to begin with seeing it was a topic worth writing about back then...

but clearly elijah (and even Fard himself) went through some attempts to legitimize Fard by explaining his white appearance by a “mixed race” 1 drop rule background and and even co-signing some type of African origin story created for those who might be against him being “part devil”.

But then again it’s says later that Fard was New Zealand/Pakistani which is more in line with the actual photo of him.

Maybe people in the NOI wanted to believe that FARD was mixed or had an African father so they accepted what Elijah told them

But in hindsight that would also make Fard a liar right?

Either way.....

It’s still strange he was accepted so easily by black Muslims and still respected as a major figure in the NOI history when the opposite isn’t often the case especially back then.

non black people of color didn’t like or accept NOI or its teachings and from what I know of the time and they don’t want to be confused or associated with African Americans or their struggle in USA not during the 1950s-60s or even to this day

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Good info. I guess I had a point to begin with seeing it was a topic worth writing about back then...

but clearly elijah (and even Fard himself) went through some attempts to legitimize Fard by explaining his white appearance by a “mixed race” 1 drop rule background and and even co-signing some type of African origin story created for those who might be against him being “part devil”.

But then again it’s says later that Fard was New Zealand/Pakistani which is more in line with the actual photo of him.

Maybe people in the NOI wanted to believe that FARD was mixed or had an African father so they accepted what Elijah told them

But in hindsight that would also make Fard a liar right?

Either way.....

It’s still strange he was accepted so easily by black Muslims and still respected as a major figure in the NOI history when the opposite isn’t often the case especially back then.

non black people of color didn’t like or accept NOI or its teachings and from what I know of the time and they don’t want to be confused or associated with African Americans or their struggle in USA not during the 1950s-60s or even to this day
in the early days of the "moslem" movement in america you had non black members, turkish, syrian most especially..
they knew islam was not just african/black..

the assumption of fard was from new zeland was from the so called government..

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
non black people of color didn’t like or accept NOI or its teachings

most people on a more mainstream scale, had no idea what the NOI represented until 1950s/1960s. It was the 1920s when Fard was making a name for himself that he was in the streets with a following

and from what I know of the time and they don’t want to be confused or associated with African Americans or their struggle in USA not during the 1950s-60s or even to this day

most immigrants of color even the 1950s/1960s, alligned themselves heavily with the AfroAmerican struggle which was heavily influenced by MOST IMMIGRANTS having low numbers in the USA prior to the Civil Rights-Immigration Act. That's why you had the rainbow coalition with the Black Panthers
3o12ZwY.jpg

Look at these pictures from Mosques/Muslim events in Detroit from 1920s-1950s

This is from the 1920s in Detroit

P0Rl-hJ88KdxSpHhQC74y-FkG-gjYOSN82xR082ApkrsajaM2pkqSWpTU-beexldFBeESOyzneDtERLo24Gx3ZZLhTmK_vsrIEY0J9i8syFIt_Nujlo_keiolc2CzMmLOaM

Universal Islamic Society, 1926

Howell_Illustration_3.2.jpg

Federation Of Islamic Associations 1957 Convention

Federation%20Of%20Islamic%20Associations%201957%20Convention__1553044508154__w800.jpg

......you clearly see "eastern" types with black people

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
most people on a more mainstream scale, had no idea what the NOI represented until 1950s/1960s. It was the 1920s when Fard was making a name for himself that he was in the streets with a following

most immigrants of color even the 1950s/1960s, alligned themselves heavily with the AfroAmerican struggle which was heavily influenced by MOST IMMIGRANTS having low numbers in the USA prior to the Civil Rights-Immigration Act. That's why you had the rainbow coalition with the Black Panthers
3o12ZwY.jpg

Look at these pictures from Mosques/Muslim events in Detroit from 1920s-1950s

This is from the 1920s in Detroit

P0Rl-hJ88KdxSpHhQC74y-FkG-gjYOSN82xR082ApkrsajaM2pkqSWpTU-beexldFBeESOyzneDtERLo24Gx3ZZLhTmK_vsrIEY0J9i8syFIt_Nujlo_keiolc2CzMmLOaM

Universal Islamic Society, 1926

Howell_Illustration_3.2.jpg

Federation Of Islamic Associations 1957 Convention

Federation%20Of%20Islamic%20Associations%201957%20Convention__1553044508154__w800.jpg

......you clearly see "eastern" types with black people

I think you see eastern types in the photo because logically Islam isn’t much of a white European religion. It’s more likely to be the religion of the non white immigrants in USA (especially those immigrants who weren’t part of the African diaspora) and less likely the religion of African Americans.

I guess the black church in USA at that time was much more segregated than the Moslems and NOI in its early stages

So exactly when and why did moslems become a majority African American organization mainly concerned with anti white/pro black teachings most came to characterize it to be during the time of Malcom x at it’s peak?

All those non black members from the 1920-30s eventually left or where they kicked out because they didn’t agree with the differences in teaching

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I think you see eastern types in the photo because logically Islam isn’t much of a white European religion. It’s more likely to be the religion of the non white immigrants in USA (especially those immigrants who weren’t part of the African diaspora) and less likely the religion of African Americans.

I posted those pictures to show that there was already a relationship with Eastern/South Asian types and blacks in regards to Islam which is the backdrop that Fard and Noble Drew Ali came up in.

2HqBUix.jpg

I guess the black church in USA at that time was much more segregated than the Moslems and NOI in its early stages

yeah, the early Islamic churches were more integrated than the Christian churches in American during the same era

So exactly when and why did moslems become a majority African American organization mainly concerned with anti white/pro black teachings most came to characterize it to be during the time of Malcom x at it’s peak?

NOI of Islam was ALWAYS mostly black/black nationalist. The earliest members were former, Moorish Science/Noble Drew Ali followers

All those non black members from the 1920-30s eventually left or where they kicked out because they didn’t agree with the differences in teaching

IMO, the non-black followers of NOI in those days were insignificant; it was always black nationalist leaning based on the fact that it was an offshoot of Moorish Science

F7nMKjj.jpg

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
When things got bad for me and I was heading in a downward spiral, the teachings of the NOI and to a certain extent of the 5% Nation, gave me strength and belief that I could stand proud to be a black man :dame:. I've travelled all over the world and I've seen the hate that this world has for black people regardless of origin :scust:

My view of the Moorish temple / 5% Nation / NOI has always been the same : empowering us ! I do not believe every single thing presented but I absorb the good and move forward. In all movements comes doubt,it is normal and we should question things. However, these spiritual movements have shaped countless leaders and rehabilitated hundreds of our people.

I couldn't care less about the origin of Master Fard or the background of Noble Drew Ali : their teachings made me embrace my truth as a Black God living amongst people :takedat:. And I'm thankful for that knowledge because it helped me turn my life around. That's all that should matter.

It hurts me when our people have so many issues but spit recklessly on at least what I would call a different path :what:. Stop questioning the messengers and embrace the true essence of the message itself :ufdup:.

Peace to the True Gods living ! :myman:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When things got bad for me and I was heading in a downward spiral, the teachings of the NOI and to a certain extent of the 5% Nation, gave me strength and belief that I could stand proud to be a black man :dame:. I've travelled all over the world and I've seen the hate that this world has for black people regardless of origin :scust:

My view of the Moorish temple / 5% Nation / NOI has always been the same : empowering us ! I do not believe every single thing presented but I absorb the good and move forward. In all movements comes doubt,it is normal and we should question things. However, these spiritual movements have shaped countless leaders and rehabilitated hundreds of our people.

I couldn't care less about the origin of Master Fard or the background of Noble Drew Ali : their teachings made me embrace my truth as a Black God living amongst people :takedat:. And I'm thankful for that knowledge because it helped me turn my life around. That's all that should matter.

It hurts me when our people have so many issues but spit recklessly on at least what I would call a different path :what:. Stop questioning the messengers and embrace the true essence of the message itself :ufdup:.

Peace to the True Gods living ! :myman:

Right I agree with you, but you always must question the messenger especially when others don’t. A lot of false prophets and liars out there. A lot of blind followers in every religion

A leader could be telling 99% helpful truth but it’s that 1% lie that’ll get you.

That’s why despite being Christian I respect Louis Farrakhan and watch most his interviews and speeches when I can, but I still disagree with him on certain issues.

I can recognize the good in anything. And I feel the NOI was needed in the black community at the time and helped many people just like you.

PlatinumUFO

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
MetroATL, GA
A very interesting analysis of Fard's arrival in America.

"The legacy of Fard Muhammad, founder of the Lost Found Nation of Islam, has perplexed scholars of the Nation of Islam and Islamic development in Twentieth Century America. Fatima Fanusie approached the understudied intellectual heritage and missionary activism of the Lahore heirs of Ghulam Ahmad’s Ahmadiyya movement as the critical link to understanding Fard Muhammad and the Nation of Islam in America."

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve seen another videos like the one above. I’m now realizing Fard is an Indian from India who learned a different form of Islam than Arabs, taught it to blacks in America with his own twist to appeal to them more than Christianity at the time. Convinced Elijah Poole he was a divine prophet and black people ran with it and created NOI

Meanwhile he just disappears from history like a bandit :banderas: