Nobody Voted “For” Biden, WE VOTED AGAINST TRUMP

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
Stop building this corny, narrow minded fallacy that those of us who voted for Biden did so because we “support him” in some way or fashion.

Or that we voted for him because of his “amazing immigration/foreign/domestic policies”.

Nobody looked at that creepy touchy pedo mf and thought “hmm, I actually believe the things he says he’s going to do for Black ppl”.

Every Biden voter I have ever met(in real life) are of the same concession: we weren’t voting “for” Biden, we were voting against Trump. And it was THE RIGHT THING TO DO. You are extremely naive if you think Black people will be worse off four years from now under Biden, than what we would be four years from now living in Trumpmerica.

:coffee:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I would respect that if they admitted as such.

I don't expect that kind of honesty though.

Breh :dwillhuh:

That's literally what people have essentially been saying all along. Biden is/was a horrible candidate, but Trump was even worse for obvious reasons. It was essentially the "lesser of two evils" situation with the difference being that Biden isn't/wasn't as hated as Hilary.

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
True.
The fact that the two most unpopular candidates on the Dem side, arguably, ended up as President and VP :dead:
I'm really wondering if it's any hope for the party.

Both parties are in shambles, but unfortunately the Republican party is more likely to come to an agreement on things quicker

Hopefully we're seeing the beginning of the end of the two party system.

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
True.
The fact that the two most unpopular candidates on the Dem side, arguably, ended up as President and VP :dead:
I'm really wondering if it's any hope for the party.

Man I could give two sh*ts about “tHe dEmoCrAtiC pArtY”, no disrespect to you or anyone who does. To me, they’re just old racist cacs. If the Democratic side would’ve had a “Trump”-like figure in office since 2016 I would’ve been voting Republican in 2020.

And that’s my entire point with this sh*t. It’s not about trusting a Dem cac or a Rep. cac, it’s about looking out for Black interest for the next four years. And you(not you personally) are absolutely retarded if you think you were looking out for Black interest in 2020 by voting for trump…or by not voting at all.

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
that's the problem:stopitslime:

and nobody (okay, nobody with a brain) is saying black people would have been better off under four more years of Trump. what I am saying, is voting with a lesser of two evils outlook, and letting one party know that they have you in your pocket just because they're better than the other party, is not going to bring actual progress, just less (or less overt) bullshyt.

so if slightly less bullshyt is what you want, go for it. just don't get your hopes up too high

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Both parties are in shambles, but unfortunately the Republican party is more likely to come to an agreement on things quicker

Hopefully we're seeing the beginning of the end of the two party system.

Republicans always managed to form together like Voltron when they have something that needs to be accomplish. That's something that Democrats can't necessarily do seeing as it's three parties rolled into one.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I voted for Biden because
1. This country was going towards fascism under Trump. And believe me a fascist government is orders of magnitude worse for black people than the current status quo. Biden is a way to at least buy time before this country takes a hard turn to the far right. Its up to him and his administration to convince enough people to vote Democrat in the next elections. So far he's done an ok job but not enough to inspire people vote the next time around.

2. Trumps COVID response was a disaster. There was no vaccine distribution plan in the works.

3. Trump had DISASTROUS environmental policies. We're fukked under Biden, but he at the very least acknowledges climate change.