No Trolling: Someone explain how being transgender isn't a mental disease?

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
I just saw the first transgender was nominated to be governor in Vermont. I am sure they can't do worse of a job than Trump but still, it's just unsettling that a man that dresses like a woman can make decisions that affect society. Like a man that wears a wig should not be allowed to use the woman's bathroom just because they pronounce themselves as a woman. It might really be the end of times.

15vermont2-articleLarge-v3.jpg

BooksnCookies

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MaizenBlue
It is a form of body dysphoria. For some odd reason, people refuse to call it what it is because there's some evidence (based on brain analyses) that trans people are born that way. But imo, abnormal things happen in utero all the time. It's an aberration and letting them get bottom surgery is a fukked up form of treatment. Whatever....

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Per Wikipedia : A mental disorder, also called a mental illness[2] or psychiatric disorder, is a behavioral or mental pattern that causes significant distress or impairment of personal functioning

It’s not causing distress or impairment of physical impairment to the person so no it is not a mental illness. It might not be normalized behavior but I don’t think they should be pathologized

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's a mental disease or rather brain disorder. Don't ask me how but worked in a field where I encountered enough of these people and 9 out of 10 times they were clearly not well/right in the head. However it is taboo to say this nowadays so people pretend they don't see it or notice. We are normalizing a form of insanity. Even doctors know..

Do you know there was a time when cross dresser looked down on transexuals in society? Shyt is hilarious. Around the 60's or so when it was still taboo people used to do these things in safe spaces and private clubs. However even back then cross dressing men considered people that identified as transgender to be nuts.

You_Ugly_on_Skype

#LurkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LurkSet #LurkLife
I have no dog in this fight but a quick google search turned this up.

This guy gives an explanation that is somewhat objective.

:manny:
Edit: My bad family didn’t know the guy was scum.

Edit: Alt-Right video deleted

Last edited:

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
I have no dog in this fight but a quick google search turned this up.

This guy gives an explanation that is somewhat objective.

:manny:

Don’t use alt-right people to support your argument. This guy thinks black people are second class to white people so fukk his views.

Eclipser

All Star
Daps
I have no dog in this fight but, I never understood what a person gains by not using the pronoun another person would prefer in describing themselves :dwillhuh:.

If a trans woman wants to be identified as, Ms. Thomas - what is it to you?
It's honestly no big deal. I'll call a transperson whatever they'd like to be called in their presence. However, when they're away I refer to them as their biological sex. That way they can feel tolerated and I can feel sane.:lolbron:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was just about to make this thread.

Transgender and homosexuality could both and should both be considered mental issues. Its crazy how some sexual desires are considered mental disorders or just foul. bestiality, pedophilia, necrophilia... but transgender, homosexuality and other stuff is "They were born like that" well so could the other 3 I mention but that doesn't stop if from being wrong and or a disorder.

So which is it

:hula: