No Troll: Why is the PS4 considered a next gen console? What can you do that you couldnt on PS3?

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
I was seriously thinking about this, and couldnt name one thing

They haven't added one new feature. Someone will of course come in here and say something like streaming games which has been done for a decade now but thats not new at all.

Where is the "next" gen features at? Where is the feature that improves gaming and/or takes it to a new level?

All I see is a graphics boost and a boost in the price of PSN :russ:

I want to see what has made this a true "next gen" system.

But seeing the group I'm addressing I expect mostly non funny liners, some struggle smileys, and no actual responses.

Prove me right Pstanleys :ehh:

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
SonyDualShock_4.jpg

I can name 3 things just by looking at the controller. Terrible thread

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I was seriously thinking about this, and couldnt name one thing

They haven't added one new feature. Someone will of course come in here and say something like streaming games which has been done for a decade now but thats not new at all.

Where is the "next" gen features at? Where is the feature that improves gaming and/or takes it to a new level?

All I see is a graphics boost and a boost in the price of PSN :russ:

I want to see what has made this a true "next gen" system.

But seeing the group I'm addressing I expect mostly non funny liners, some struggle smileys, and no actual responses.

Prove me right Pstanleys :ehh:

[no stan] what makes the ps4 next generation is that it's the next generation of playstation consoles.......[/no stan]

Daps
I've been on the fence, but looking at both consoles, the PS4 is just a PS3 with updated graphics.

Kinect 2.o sounds really interesting to me, just the control options and gameplay things it offers, mo-capping your own scenes and adding custom voiceovers is something never done before in gaming.

Then being able to snap apps while in games, from ESPN, to HBO Go, that is something new that adds so much more convenience to gaming.

I just don't see the selling point on PS4 besides better graphics. This is supposed to be the next gen not just a half step up from the last one

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
SonyDualShock_4.jpg

I can name 3 things just by looking at the controller. Terrible thread

trackpad on the controller, wow, so next gen :wow:

or did you mean those non-usable LED's that will be irrelevant since Sony decided not to make the PSEye standard with every system? :usure:

Look at all the struggle responses and one liners so far, more of those than actual responses :dead:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Why was the N64 considered a next gen console back in '96? What could you do that you couldn't on SNES?

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
Why was the N64 considered a next gen console back in '96? What could you do that you couldn't on SNES?

what the fukk does N64 have to do with the PS4? :dead:

N64 had a revolutionary controller, the first to use the analog stick, or rumble pad. The full motion of control you had in N64 games alone justified the next gen title.

Whats the PS4's revolutionary new feature :popcorn:

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
breh you're wasting your time i don't think they know what "next generation" is. it's literally like asking random people what does the g stand for in 4g, they don't know any better

Hey who invited Einstein to the party to ruin the fun? Look at this fukking genius

Of course nobody on here knows that it's next gen because it's the next in the generation of sony consoles, thanks for clearing that up dad

My question to you is what are the "next" gen features it offers? What can you do do on the PS4 that you haven't been able to do on any previous generation of consoles? What is the step up in gaming experience it's offering? What is the hot new feature that makes it absolutely next gen? I'll hold my breath

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been on the fence, but looking at both consoles, the PS4 is just a PS3 with updated graphics.

Kinect 2.o sounds really interesting to me, just the control options and gameplay things it offers, mo-capping your own scenes and adding custom voiceovers is something never done before in gaming.

Then being able to snap apps while in games, from ESPN, to HBO Go, that is something new that adds so much more convenience to gaming.

I just don't see the selling point on PS4 besides better graphics. This is supposed to be the next gen not just a half step up from the last one
the marketing never stops

@bk y'all gon expose these aliases or what, breh