“No tangibles, No vote” doesn’t make any sense in the current political landscape.

Daps
a vote for biden might result in:

- a substantial leap forward
- an incremental step forward
- no measurable change to the present condition of black america.

abstaining from voting or casting a ballot for trump might lead to:

- a marked decline in the mobility of black people
- increased persecution by a militarized police force given free rein to harm black people
- a court system filled with judges that will always rule to the detriment of black america.

seems like, if you are a black man or woman concerned with the welfare of our people, it’s a no brainer. i’m off that “no tangibles, no vote” movement. it might have made sense when the republican party was centre right.

but in the face of trump and project 2025, it’s dumb and self-destructive.

:francis:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dahell:

When the hell did you switch up? And the Republicans haven't been Center-Right for quite a bit. The right-ward creep broadly has been taking place for decades. In any case, hell now the tangibabble is not making any sense.

This is like telling a bar "No tater tots, no tabs" but the people who consistently patronize only buy pretzels. Opting out of the process makes us weaker. Who the fukk represents non-voters?

And for people who say "They always get the black vote" well look at the turn out of eligible black voters. Nah, we end up chipping in but not really crushing turnouts in a meaningful way, especially locally. Yes, I can bring receipts if some dude asks. These white supremacists are about to checkmate this dumb ass strategy because come hell or highwater, they vote. Even if the only tangible they get is my black ass being denied a government benefit, they vote.

Last edited:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
You c00ns want us to bE rEsPonSiBLe and tHiNk LonG TeRm so bad :hhh:

fukk outta here
16205912-F6f-Phx-VG.png

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who got to you,who threatened you:francis:?

I guess all those things COULD happen if the Republicans win. What your ignoring is how taking an L could potentially grant you more leverage in the future with the Democrats. Or they could be petty and just abandon black people all together in favor of latinos. But we are probably on the cusp of that happening regardless. Which is why you have very little time left on the clock to get their attention. If its really as bad as you claim it would be,the Democrats could simply offer some tangibles and a black agenda. We literally have been asking for at least a year now. Win or lose,long term its a win win situation:respect:

Daps
Who got to you,who threatened you:francis:?

I guess all those things COULD happen if the Republicans win. What your ignoring is how taking an L could potentially grant you more leverage in the future with the Democrats. Or they could be petty and just abandon black people all together in favor of latinos. But we are probably on the cusp of that happening regardless. Which is why you have very little time left on the clock to get their attention. If its really as bad as you claim it would be,the Democrats could simply offer some tangibles and a black agenda. We literally have been asking for at least a year now. Win or lose,long term its a win win situation:respect:
no one got to me. i’ve just spent the past couple of months reading a lot of literature about the forces marshaling around trump, asking myself if my “no tangibles, no vote” stance was a practical position to take in the face of said threat. i no longer believe it is a sound strategy in the present environment.

it only welcomes greater harm to a community that is already grievously vulnerable.

don’t get it it twisted, though. i am not team democrat or team biden, under no circumstances. i do, however, believe it is tactically prudent to vote for biden in november.

there is no other choice if you are concerned with the state of black america. staying home will only benefit nazis who are on the verge of taking over the government.

:francis: