No Poison No Paradise - The Official Detroit Lions 2014 Offseason Thread

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Gary Kubiak got interviewed, I repeat, coach with career losing record Gary Kubiak got interviewed

lions_fan1.jpg

Mike Munchak got interviewed, I repeat, coach with career losing record Mike Munchak got interviewed

detroit-lions-0-16.jpg

Jim Caldwell got interviewed, I repeat, coach with career losing record Jim Caldwell got interviewed

86215768_display_image.jpg

Our fans are clamoring, foaming at the mouth for the Lions brass to interview Ken Weisenhunt, I fukking repeat, coach with career losing record Ken Weisenhunt.

Todd Bowles with the Cards isn't going to put up with the shenanigans again and won't look our way again, Jon Gruden, Brian Billick and Bill Cowher? :heh: Lovie Smith didn't even look our way. Lions saying that they don't want to be bothered with Mike Zimmer from the Bengals.

michael-scott-no.gif

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/oh...-process/7922ff15-a44c-4f2a-8776-3c7008548aaa

Quarterback Matthew Stafford has met with one candidate and expects to meet with others in the Lions’ interview process to hire a head coach to replace Jim Schwartz, who was fired last week.

Stafford met with current Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell at the Lions' facility in Allen Park. He will speak with other candidates either in person or by telephone, depending on whether he’s in town.

mr-chow-haha.gif

And I'm going to be like many other fools on Week 1 watching and rooting, because we want to see this one day in our lifetimes

lions_display_image.jpg

Such a cruel relationship we have with this team.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Lions flew to SD and interviewed Whisenhunt today. He's interviewing with the Titans and Browns the next two days. I still say that's Detroit's guy. :lupe:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I wonder if he'll switch us to a 3-4 defense:ohhh:
I thought I read/heard that he's used a 4-3 in the past, but just prefers the 3-4. That seemed to be a sticking point with Lewand and Mayhew in the Schwartz firing presser when discussing the next coach.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I thought I read/heard that he's used a 4-3 in the past, but just prefers the 3-4. That seemed to be a sticking point with Lewand and Mayhew in the Schwartz firing presser when discussing the next coach.
He ran a 3-4 in az and u know Pittsburgh is a 3-4. I don't know why Mayhew would be married to a 4-3 anyway.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
is the personel there for a 3-4?
the base defense was practically nickel with Oamer not seeing thd field that often and just Tulloch and Levy getting all the snaps.

They need a young middle linebacker with some speed and ziggy should be able to play the rush linebacker and levy on the other side. Or levy can slide to the middle and they bring in a outside backer.
Suh would beast on the end

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Bush: New Coach Must Improve Culture, Expectations and Preparation

Reggie Bush isn’t advising the Lions on the head coaching search, but the veteran running back has a few thoughts on the subject.

Bush was asked about the coaching situation Saturday afternoon by Jay Glazer on the FOX pre-game show.
“Well you know what, I don’t have the exact answers for what the next coach needs to be or who he needs to be. That’s obviously going to come from the GM, the president and the rest of those guys,’’ Bush told Glazer. “But I think the next coach needs to improve the culture of our team, our level of expectation needs to improve and our preparation can improve as well.’’
Bush also was asked what happened to the team that started 6-3 and finished 1-6.
“I begin with myself, I had too many fumbles this year,’’ Bush said. “I think it was the most fumbles I had in one season. As an offense, as a unit we had way too many turnovers constantly putting our defense in bad position, you can’t win football like that.’’
Bush had five fumbles which is indeed a career-high. He had four in each of the previous two seasons with the Dolphins.
The offense needs some work which is one reason the Lions have interviewed four coaching candidates who have offensive expertise.
Ken Whisenhunt still appears to be the favorite to replace Jim Schwartz. The Lions interviewed him on Thursday.
Whisenhunt’s Chargers play the Broncos at Denver at 4:40 p.m. Sunday. If the Chargers lose, look for quick movement by the Lions to sign Whisenhunt.
(Follow @PaulaPasche on Twitter. Order her book, “100 Things Lions Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die’’ here. It’s also available at bookstores.)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You can tell Bush wasn't on the same page as Schwartz. He's been on a Super Bowl team, he understands how good teams operate. So when he says the team wasn't prepared and lacked discipline he isn't bullshytting...

The problem is ultimately gonna be Stafford though. He's been babied all his career. 5 years of his mechanics looking like shyt. That's not going to be fixed overnight by anyone. Meanwhile Megatron isn't getting any younger.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
They're gonna finalize the contract as soon as the Chargers are eliminated.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-to-land-whisenhunt-vikingszimmer-progressing

Chargers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt completed his interviews with teams this weekend, during an allotted period, as he prepares to coach in the AFC Divisional playoff game in Denver on Sunday. The Lions were the first team to interview him (he also met with the Titans and Browns according to sources), and league sources said Whisenhunt remains very interested in that opening and the offensive pieces already in place.

He can't complete a contract with a team until the Chargers season ends, but once that occurs negotiations with the Lions are expected to commence quickly.