No other community/race has the term “educated lame”

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
people are clearly saying anything to make these bullshyt argument. Black people weren't getting jumped for getting A's in school this is a lie. I was in school from the late 80s up until 2000 when i graduated highschool. Black kids were NOT getting jumped for having good grades. Yall just making up shyt now. I'm pushing back because now you not about paint black in this silly ass fake light.

So erase the history of academically gifted black boys getting ridiculed? So that never happened?

This triggered something that you want to be buried. Sounding like one of those CACs when slavery gets brought up...deny, deny, deny.

151_Pr00f

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the Clouds
Sure, outliers exist.

But given any real-world situation, you're not choosing a mentally handicapped person over a highly-educated one to perform a complex task.

You just... aren't. :yeshrug:

And there's a good reason for that.

What if that harms people? Tucker Carlson is intelligent enough to put together rhetoric to convince people that minorities and the left are destroying the country. I don't think he's better than anyone, in fact his propaganda is dangerous and fuels white nationalism.

who here actually saw a black person get picked on for getting good grades?

Not for good grades but in middle school a dude threw an eraser at my back in science class after I answered a question from the teacher. Confronted him about it after class he said I thought I was smart then we almost fought.

Last edited:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Again, this falls at the feet of the parents.. Some parents get too caught up in education that they isolate their kids from socialization with the other kids in the community.. Everything is about balance. There are kids who grew up not listening to rap music because their parents forbade it. Yet they'll send their kids to a predominantly black school where all the kids listen to rap.. So at lunch when the kids who listen to rap are sitting at the table talking about rap, the "nerd" who's parents didn't let their kid listen to it feels isolated.. Kids isolated from the peer group act a certain way as well.
Some of it does. But some of these kids resist their parents attempts at socialization. They take rejection from other groups and become withdrawn and very insular and defensive.
“If u think I’m lame for playing Magic, I’m gonna become SUPER a$$hole!” type deal. They also weaponize victimhood status and use it ironically to be nasty to others they consider beneath them, even as they cry about people being mean to them.

I wish people would stop acting like every weirdo in a Hawaiian shirt is some sweet kid picked on by the mean ole jock or thug, overlooked by popular pretty/hot girls and guys.
That doesn’t always correspond with reality.:yeshrug:And this ain’t merely a “blk” thing.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Yeah, by the mid 00s, it was finally OK for black kids to pursue academic excellence, without the excess hate.
It has always been acceptable in the black community to seek academic excellence. We supposed to act like A Different World and HBCU's didn't exist. We supposed to act like the NBA wasn't doing whole stay in school campaign featuring black men telling black kids to stay in school. :what:

Even had movies like Lean on Me celebrating Joe Clark. :mjlol:

Karume

All Star
Daps
And Im saying my experience is closer to the rule than the exception.

Do you have evidence to the contrary?
I'm suggesting that you have no way to tell if your experience is closer to the rule than the exception.

My life, although due to the nature of this discussion I have to add that I am probably significantly older than you.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
The norm. Theres more Black people than ever on social media displaying interest comics, anime, S.T.E.M academia etc.

A lot of the Black people that are into that stuff who are clowned are clowned for being awkward or insufferable in general.

I know a lot of yall are oldheads that don't keep up with current trends but its been cool to be a "nikka nerd" for years now.

Black people hating on nerds is a narrative for Black Conservatives to victim blame the Black race as usual.

/thread

Eat a dikk. I never had any black person pick on me for being smart. Or accused me of "acting white" for being so. Whatever the fukk that means.

Did I get clowned for wearing old shoes? Yes. Wearing high water pants? Yes. Being skinny as fukk? Yes. I didn't cry in a corner. I fought back with the brain I possessed. I didn't come from a family of cowards. Someone bops you. You bop them back. I think the underlying issues is y'all didn't have a daddy in your homes. Blame that stank puss bytch ya call ya moms.

Yup also experienced this, never had any anxiety about how I spoke or what I was into, moved to a minority Black community and my barber asked me if anyone clowned me for my white voice in Brooklyn. First time I even heard the term. If anything people always supported me and left me alone because I was smart, respectful and minded my business.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some of it does. But some of these kids resist their parents attempts at socialization. They take rejection from other groups and become withdrawn and very insular and defensive.
“If u think I’m lame for playing Magic, I’m gonna become SUPER a$$hole!” type deal. They also weaponize victimhood status and use it ironically to be nasty to others they consider beneath them, even as they cry about people being mean to them.

I wish people would stop acting like every weirdo in a Hawaiian shirt is some sweet kid picked on by the mean ole jock or thug, overlooked by popular pretty/hot girls and guys.
That doesn’t always correspond with reality.:yeshrug:And this ain’t merely a “blk” thing.

That "white people do this or that" is a excuse in my opinion. White people do a lot of shyt, its just funny we focus on the bullshyt they do to justify our problems..

Insecurities will always be our problem.. It prevents black people from working together, regardless of how much money we have in our pockets.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It has always been acceptable in the black community to seek academic excellence. We supposed to act like A Different World and HBCU's didn't exist. We supposed to act like the NBA wasn't doing whole stay in school campaign featuring black men telling black kids to stay in school. :what:

Thats HBCUs when black folks dont reach till the age of 18.

By then, a lot of intellectually gifted black boys been scarred and mentally beaten by their own peers for nearly 13 years of their young lives, and never even have the opportunity to go to a HBCU campus due to everyone and everything dragging them down. The anti-intellectualism is everywhere, its just at the Crack Era, it was 100 times worse for us.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
So erase the history of academically gifted black boys getting ridiculed? So that never happened?
again, you have shown what the real issue was with you. you are the type to call people dummies and losers, then when they say something back...."it's because i'm smart....not that i was calling them dummies and losers".

And again, black people not getting jumped for getting As in school. this is a flat out lie. And this is sensationalism.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I think theres a lot of deflection and misunderstanding wit this thread topic....

Educated lame is a phrase you really wont hear in real life. Its a manosphere/online black gender wars term that refers to a subset of Black men who are typically studious, educated, high earning but lacking in the general swag and style of stereotypical black men (especially in comparisons to the "Rays-rays and pookies", which is another manosphere term). Its not necessarily focusing on a "Black Peculiarity" :mjpls: against education, but more or less focusing that within our culture, "swag" and "style" hold ALOT of weight in the dating world.

And the issue is that typically, Black Men who do tend to be well educated and in fields like STEM are generally not going to have the "swag" on the level of other Black Men. Not to say that we are all awkward c00ns who have no social skills but IN GENERAL, careers in STEM generally mean youre gonna be hard at work studying or collaborating with cacs and asians and therefore cannot invest as much time in developing those soft skills.

(*BTW theres also the uncomfortable conversation that IN GENERAL ONCE AGAIN, Blacks who tend to be high earners in STEM later in life were not raised around a huge number of Black folks...they typically come from middle class mixed neighborhoods :francis:)

So to bring it all full circle, I think what OP means is that, Black folks are one of the few cultures where Swag holds more weight in assessing compatibility than say your educated background/earning potential. And on some level I agree with that.

I would also say that Latin Cultures also put a huge premium on "swag" and "machismo" too. :yeshrug:

And even some subsets of White Culture. During some of my childhood, I grew up in Kentucky and youd be surprised at the amount of gorgeous white women who chose to marry some Duck Dynasty looking Cac who makes 45k (or less) working at the local Plant instead of some professional cac from Louisville or Lexington. But those are the men who display masculinity in their culture.:yeshrug:

But as far as Black folks go, I think we have to understand that we largely have no significant cultural ties to one another (not via language, religion, tribe, shared culture) and are historically mired in Poverty. Those circumstances create hyper masculinity and as a side effect, Women grow up conditioned to those traits and dont understand that there are other types of men other than that. :yeshrug: thats my 2 cents