No More Abortions In Texas Brehs

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ooh:

Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis filibusters to stop new abortion restrictions
Davis came to the courthouse wearing pink sneakers, ready to embark on a 13-hour block of bill that will close nearly every abortion clinic in Texas.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Read more: Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis filibusters to stop new abortion restrictions - NY Daily News

Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis votes against a motion to call for a rules violation during her filibusters of an abortion bill. Davis was given a second warning for breaking filibuster rules by receiving help with a back brace.

AUSTIN, Texas — Wearing pink tennis shoes to prepare for nearly 13 consecutive hours of standing, a Democratic Texas state senator on Tuesday began a one-woman filibuster to block a GOP-led effort that would impose stringent new abortion restrictions across the nation's second-most populous state.

Sen. Wendy Davis, 50, of Fort Worth began the filibuster at 11:18 a.m. CDT Tuesday and passed the nine-hour mark in her countdown to midnight — the deadline for the end of the 30-day special session.

Rules stipulate she remain standing, not lean on her desk or take any breaks — even for meals or to use the bathroom. But she must also stay on topic, and Republicans pointed out a mistake and later protested again when another lawmaker helped her with a back brace. One more error, and Republicans could stop the filibuster.

If signed into law, the measures would close almost every abortion clinic in Texas, a state 773 miles wide and 790 miles long with 26 million people. A woman living along the Mexico border or in West Texas would have to drive hundreds of miles to obtain an abortion if the law passes.

Read more: Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis filibusters to stop new abortion restrictions - NY Daily News

muse

thats 2 kids! im out!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chi sagittarii
Sen. Wendy Davis, 50, of Fort Worth began the filibuster at 11:18 a.m. CDT Tuesday and passed the nine-hour mark in her countdown to midnight — the deadline for the end of the 30-day special session.

Rules stipulate she remain standing, not lean on her desk or take any breaks — even for meals or to use the bathroom. But she must also stay on topic, and Republicans pointed out a mistake and later protested again when another lawmaker helped her with a back brace. One more error, and Republicans could stop the filibuster.

i really dont care too much, i am against abortions but :clap: this lady for going the extra mile, and seemingly being the only one, to do this shyt. literally standing up for what she believes in

stand for 13 hours straight? no peeing?! and keep talking on the subject? for 13 fukking hours?! shyt, she a ninja, soldier or something

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bill won't pass. there'd be MASSIVE protests.

It will pass.

It's nothing liberals can do in Texas. Only thing they can hope for in the near future. Is all the Mexicans in Texas start voting for the liberals. :manny: But majority of Mexicans are against abortions.

When I hear about West Coast and Up North nikkaz moving to Texas. I be like :usure:

dallastexas

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk my state

this wont pass,, texas is very close to going blue so the red side is just trying to fuk shyt up in their favor as much as possible

this wont pass nor last