No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I do sometimes. I play with my homie every once in a while. Those servers get shytty if the party gets too large. But most of the time I just turn on some music and zone out for hours dolo. The game doesn't have any real "missions" so you can spend hours doing whatever you want.
So how does playing with people work? You can set up a mode or something?

Ezus Jezus

Ezus Shuttlesworth
Daps
Reppin
ONE in boy DC
So how does playing with people work? You can set up a mode or something?
I play on Xbox. I just join my friends game either through the Xbox menu or the game menu. Then it’s essentially the same as playing alone. You can work together or split up and go anywhere in the galaxy. The new update kinda changed it. there are tons of people in the lobbies now. I can’t lie, playing with someone doesn’t make the game better for me. I was fine without it. But I can see why some people like it.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
The Community Expeditions mode is a double edged sword. If you're starting over, it removes a lot of the grind, but you really have to have a handle on the game otherwise you'll be confused. But if you want to play with other people, you'll see them for sure.

I recommend you try to get an A Class ship as soon as possible because you turn around and get an S Class Explorer as a reward for it :skip:. Had my friend heated because I didn't save the location of the A Class I found
full

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
The Community Expeditions mode is a double edged sword. If you're starting over, it removes a lot of the grind, but you really have to have a handle on the game otherwise you'll be confused. But if you want to play with other people, you'll see them for sure.

I recommend you try to get an A Class ship as soon as possible because you turn around and get an S Class Explorer as a reward for it :skip:. Had my friend heated because I didn't save the location of the A Class I found
full

So I just started a new game Saturday, I selected normal mode, should I have selected something else to see other people ? :lupe:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
So I just started a new game Saturday, I selected normal mode, should I have selected something else to see other people ? :lupe:
Well it depends. Normal mode is lonely until you get far enough to summon the Anomaly, however if you don't know how to play the game, you'll learn. Community Expeditions... the mode just felt like you needed to know how to play before starting. The minerals and materials you'd need, how to be efficient in collecting them, where you can take shortcuts. But like I said, you WILL see people, and probably within the first 30-90 minutes depending on how quickly you move. When you can get your ship in the air, you can go find other people in the starting system. I don't talk to nobody, so I don't know how social people are trying to be.

Nothing to lose by starting one though. If you feel like you're drowning, you could grind the knowledge in Normal and then go back and breeze through the first phase.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Well it depends. Normal mode is lonely until you get far enough to summon the Anomaly, however if you don't know how to play the game, you'll learn. Community Expeditions... the mode just felt like you needed to know how to play before starting. The minerals and materials you'd need, how to be efficient in collecting them, where you can take shortcuts. But like I said, you WILL see people, and probably within the first 30-90 minutes depending on how quickly you move. When you can get your ship in the air, you can go find other people in the starting system. I don't talk to nobody, so I don't know how social people are trying to be.

Nothing to lose by starting one though. If you feel like you're drowning, you could grind the knowledge in Normal and then go back and breeze through the first phase.

damn I don’t really wanna tough it out with a crap starting planet again. I just got over the initial grind of the beginning stages.

guess I’ll give community mode a shot tho.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
damn I don’t really wanna tough it out with a crap starting planet again. I just got over the initial grind of the beginning stages.

guess I’ll give community mode a shot tho.
Community mode doesn't start you out on the worst planet, luckily. I had the same thoughts about starting over, but it's not as bad as I imagined. I don't think there were any gonna-fukk-your-shyt-up storms like my main save, but I felt like I needed to get a move on because the inventory limits are slightly different. When you can get your ship in the air, you can ease a lot of your burden by just sky mining (shooting shyt on the ground).