No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

Daps
For someone whos never touched No Man's Sky but seen the bullshyt since the beginning. Worth giving it a try at all? Am i to expect going from planet to planet and play like its Minecraft or is there some sort of combat now etc?

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
For someone whos never touched No Man's Sky but seen the bullshyt since the beginning. Worth giving it a try at all? Am i to expect going from planet to planet and play like its Minecraft or is there some sort of combat now etc?
Combat isn't crazy but it's there. I recently tried getting back into it but it can get repetitive after a while. I def dumped some hours into it tho. I'd recommend watching some gameplay vids before buying. It can be a relaxing game.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I probably have 500, 600 hours in it. It's always been a create your own fun type of game. When you get comfortable with the systems and understand how to grind for various items, you'll have to do some self motivating to keep on going. This latest update makes me want to go back to searching for S class freighters again. Most of the time I try to find a purple grass planet with water, gentle terrain, trees, activated indium, and the storms don't harm you. That's enough of a carrot for me to go on for several hours a session. But it's like many have said across the internet, about 20 hours in and you've seen all the procedural generation can do, just obviously not every single combination.

Daps
I probably have 500, 600 hours in it. It's always been a create your own fun type of game. When you get comfortable with the systems and understand how to grind for various items, you'll have to do some self motivating to keep on going. This latest update makes me want to go back to searching for S class freighters again. Most of the time I try to find a purple grass planet with water, gentle terrain, trees, activated indium, and the storms don't harm you. That's enough of a carrot for me to go on for several hours a session. But it's like many have said across the internet, about 20 hours in and you've seen all the procedural generation can do, just obviously not every single combination.
Doesnt seem to be like my type of game. I played for example Terraria and that might not even be the same game but fundamentals are there i guess. Never built anything as friend carried me cuz i dont like that. I just went ahead and did all the combat possible.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Doesnt seem to be like my type of game. I played for example Terraria and that might not even be the same game but fundamentals are there i guess. Never built anything as friend carried me cuz i dont like that. I just went ahead and did all the combat possible.
Yeah the combat isn't much of anything. It got slightly more challenging because they added more sentinels per group, and a couple more types. But it's not particularly engaging.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
I tried it since it was in gamepass and I heard all the commotion about this game over the years. It's worth giving it a try to see if you are going to like it. It's a grind and there is no real payoff. Found myself doing stuff that seemed pointless. Nonetheless not my type of game. There's no real depth to the story nor the world.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I've never given this a chance because the first few hours are a chore to get through, but now I'm about 30 hours in and this game is the fukking truth. I can see why people sink 1000s of hours into this game.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
I've never given this a chance because the first few hours are a chore to get through, but now I'm about 30 hours in and this game is the fukking truth. I can see why people sink 1000s of hours into this game.
do you have the base game installed? or expansions??