No lie, looking back peak covid did provide us with hilarious moments

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
How is it weird if it's working?? :why:

I have NOT been sick. Yall nxggas who catch covid 2 times a month can't stand to see a righteous man dodging evil and dodging germs. Just don't sit right with yall.

Yall want me to snatch my mask off and get sick like yall.

Sick nxggas :what:
Outside of Covid where I was working one of the only jobs that was open to public thru the whole pandemic, I haven’t been sick either. Not saying much

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
More things: DC related.

How EMPTY the city was at the beginning. I'm talking park anywhere up Georgetown and the waterfront empty. Going to the most crowded metro stations (Metro Center, L'Enfant Plaza and Gallery Place) and them joints being point blank dead right smack in the middle of rush hour. That shyt had me :mindblown:.

George Floyd protests: Man, everything about it was wild.

The day Trump lost: That shyt looked like a war was won with how everybody was celebrating downtown and all over the city.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Did anyone notice how the general levels of quiet out on the streets was quite a beautiful feeling?

It really felt like the planet was finally getting a chance to breathe when freed of its human infestation. One and then the two, two and then the three...

Totally different vibration and it really made me wonder if the owners of Earth were selling up and pulled a grift to make it seem like the place wasn't what it is as the buyers scoped out the environment and thought "Yeah, this seems like a bargain for what they're asking"...

Little did they know what was behind the distraction. Brehliens mad as hell like
full

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
did the n-word navy hashtag trend during this time? Black twitter was on fire for a few months with golden material

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Funny enough the his level of thinking will have you more sick. Your immune system will be trash, it’s good to catch me into contact with germs and shyt.

But it's not tho, my nxgga. :dwillhuh:

I have not been sick since Nov 2019. Obviously I'm doing something right.

A bunch of cats who have caught covid repeatedly tryna convince me that MY immune system is trash :skip:

The short answer is no. The long answer: Our immune systems aren't like muscles that need to be worked out to grow strong. By the time we reach young adulthood, we are (under normal circumstances) exposed to so many microbes, pathogens, spores, allergens, etc that we have very robust immune responses, even to things we haven't been exposed to. This isn't necessarily because we have the antibodies for every disease we've been exposed to being produced and floating around our bodies at all times as "strength" would suggest. Rather, our immune system maintains "the plans" for those antibodies so if we are re-exposed to a pathogen or encounter one that's similar to one we've had in the past, our bodies can quickly and efficiently drum up the antibodies necessary to kick it to the curb.

Coming into contact with a pathogen triggers an immune response whether we've been exposed to it previously or not (hence why novel covid-19, for example, didn't have a 100% mortality rate), but this won't make your immune system stronger because that's not how immune systems work. They don't strengthen, they diversify. As a result, low exposure to pathogens in 2020 due to social isolation doesn't weaken or atrophy immune systems. But we don't need constant exposure to different things for our immune systems to be able to run immune responses.

That's not to say that social isolation doesn't have an effect. There's research to show that immune responses are diminished in individuals experiencing stress, loneliness, anxiety, and other negative psychological stimuli. An aggregate of 148 different studies found that people who were more socially connected had a 50% lower mortality rate. One experiment even found that people with many social ties are less susceptible to the common cold which is another coronavirus. This is not a direct effect however, it's indirect.

And almost all bets are off with influenza. As other commenters have mentioned it's going to be very difficult to create an effective flu vaccine for the upcoming season due to the gap in case data from the prior year. Flu almost always jumps from animal populations to human populations on a regular basis so the virus is "novel" very often. Again, we have some ability to mount an immune response to it, but influenza continues to maintain a high mortality rate given how commonplace it is.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
There was a very obvious shift in the default mode of the planet. Like a lot of background noise that you'd got accustomed was dropped in an instant because at first the silence was deafening in contrast the buzzing fuzz you'd become used to tuning out.

Imagine static on a radio set you no longer spot and then a crisp transmission that makes it obvious in an instant as the tunes are so much clearer as you hear the details and nuance.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
I remember getting a 5 star hotel in Florida for $60 a night during peak covid lol

I was still working at a job then too out for 2 weeks because “I felt asymptomatic”

I was living life on vacation while everything was locked down. No crowds. It was great!