No Land For Old QBs....Will THE Scarlet & Gray Bounce Byke? It's Up in the Air I'm just Sayin: 2024 Ohio State Buckeyes Thread

Will order be restored to this Urban area or will Day play it 2 close to The Vest?

• B1G Chip or Bust!

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Playoffs?!

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • OVOJim hunched ova like he 80 dat boi is sick sick sick, how much time scum got? Tick tick tick...

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Firstly, fucc u & ya momma.

Secondly, there ain't no way you can tell me Day doesn't still call plays from time to time. There ain't no way in hell Chip didn't wanna run the ball more at some point in that game...
Run game changed when Simmons went out. Our biggest runs are on the left side of the line. That said, we only didn’t move the ball in the second half with the botched snap on 3rd and short.

I will say, I didn’t notice Zen in the game which is a good thing. His PFF grade wasn’t great but Josh’s wasn’t either. But I didn't see a turnstile over there. We have two weeks to figure out if it’s Zen, Montgomery, or sliding Donovan to LT and Siereveld to LG.

MustafaSTL

Daps
:why: Y’all didn’t play Texas :lolbron: but fr yall look pretty decent offensively im surprised how good yalls run game is
Well I guess they kept Texas number one. Not sure why when their win over number 4 is better than y’all win over a barely ranked scUM team that will clearly be at best 7-5. But we’ll meet up in the playoffs. See you there.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Well I guess they kept Texas number one. Not sure why when their win over number 4 is better than y’all win over a barely ranked scUM team that will clearly be at best 7-5. But we’ll meet up in the playoffs. See you there.
I bet typing this didn't make you feel as good as you thought it would, huh?

Them L's are hittin you a lot different at your age now, old man. :mjgrin:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Run game changed when Simmons went out. Our biggest runs are on the left side of the line. That said, we only didn’t move the ball in the second half with the botched snap on 3rd and short.

I will say, I didn’t notice Zen in the game which is a good thing. His PFF grade wasn’t great but Josh’s wasn’t either. But I didn't see a turnstile over there. We have two weeks to figure out if it’s Zen, Montgomery, or sliding Donovan to LT and Siereveld to LG.

If one guy going out craters our run game that much against a team Boise St ran all over not too long ago, then we have bigger problems that we think.

You're right tho, OL wasn't looking all that great even when Simmons was in the game. Was def surprised by 🦆's in the trenches on both sides.

At one point in the game, in the 2nd half, I wanna say we had like 16-17 yards rushing & I fail to understand why. We weren't playing behind from multiple scores or anything. And Chip was doing what he could after Simmons went out to help Zen like sliding a TE left amongst other things.

There just did not seem to be much creativity or new wrinkles, or counters that you'd think one would have for a game of this magnitude.

That being said, Im not mad at throwing near the end to try and get closer in FG position instead of running. We kicked Day's byke in for similar situations over the yrs so he tried to be aggressive. But the way they designed it could've been much better.

For instance:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Yeah Zen wasn’t bad. Pre snap penalties were drive killers too. Crowd noise did their job.

MustafaSTL

Daps
If one guy going out craters our run game that much against a team Boise St ran all over not too long ago, then we have bigger problems that we think.

You're right tho, OL wasn't looking all that great even when Simmons was in the game. Was def surprised by 🦆's in the trenches on both sides.

At one point in the game, in the 2nd half, I wanna say we had like 16-17 yards rushing & I fail to understand why. We weren't playing behind from multiple scores or anything. And Chip was doing what he could after Simmons went out to help Zen like sliding a TE left amongst other things.

There just did not seem to be much creativity or new wrinkles, or counters that you'd think one would have for a game of this magnitude.

That being said, Im not mad at throwing near the end to try and get closer in FG position instead of running. We kicked Day's byke in for similar situations over the yrs so he tried to be aggressive. But the way they designed it could've been much better.

For instance:

I’m baffled people really think we souls have ran the ball at the end. We were moving the ball at ease in the air. What would a five yard run and running the time down for a 45 yard field goal do? You cant count on a possible OPI call. It was ticky tack, but the right call to keep passing.

This game also lets me know we’re fine with Billy Ho. He was good other than the botched snap.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I’m baffled people really think we souls have ran the ball at the end. We were moving the ball at ease in the air. What would a five yard run and running the time down for a 45 yard field goal do? You cant count on a possible OPI call. It was ticky tack, but the right call to keep passing.

This game also lets me know we’re fine with Billy Ho. He was good other than the botched snap.

What's your thoughts on Knowles? And even more so, the rumors about him not having the final say on shyt regarding the dynamic with LJ and him wanting all his guys (who don't even generate a rush most times) on the field? Every big game, defense giving up explosive play after explosive play. What was it, like 4 plays or more longer than 25 yds from them 🦆 mfs?

MustafaSTL

Daps
What's your thoughts on Knowles? And even more so, the rumors about him not having the final say on shyt regarding the dynamic with LJ and him wanting all his guys (who don't even generate a rush most times) on the field? Every big game, defense giving up explosive play after explosive play. What was it, like 4 plays or more longer than 25 yds from them 🦆 mfs?
I’ve read that. That LJ wants to run his traditional four man front and it conflicts with what James wants to do. James is the DC and should have final say. I’ll also say LJ has a track record of DL play, but the pass rush hasn’t been elite elite since 2019. At some point you can’t just say let LJ and the DL do their thing if they’re not creating havoc with the four up front.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I’ve read that. That LJ wants to run his traditional four man front and it conflicts with what James wants to do. James is the DC and should have final say. I’ll also say LJ has a track record of DL play, but the pass rush hasn’t been elite elite since 2019. At some point you can’t just say let LJ and the DL do their thing if they’re not creating havoc with the four up front.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
We turning into Notre Dame :skip:

Praise Gawd
full

MustafaSTL

Daps
Alright, so if (when) we win the rest of our games we’ll be good as far as the playoffs regardless. But, this Nebraska-Indiana game will be intriguing. We play Nebraska next week. If they win, that’s a top 20-25 matchup. Would be good to get a good ranked win under our belt. But if Indiana wins, they have a good chance to remain in the top 15 when we play them in the penultimate regular season game.