No Land For Old QBs....Will THE Scarlet & Gray Bounce Byke? It's Up in the Air I'm just Sayin: 2024 Ohio State Buckeyes Thread

Will order be restored to this Urban area or will Day play it 2 close to The Vest?

• B1G Chip or Bust!

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Playoffs?!

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • OVOJim hunched ova like he 80 dat boi is sick sick sick, how much time scum got? Tick tick tick...

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
I didn’t want to get my hopes up with David Sanders, but reading the Rivlas board, Andrew Ellis done fukked around and got me roped in (pause). He’s never shy to be pessimistic about getting someone.

And the Sanchez family is goated. Like I said before, Ms. Sanchez might have to get her cheeks clapped for the work she’s putting in this cycle.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t want to get my hopes up with David Sanders, but reading the Rivlas board, Andrew Ellis done fukked around and got me roped in (pause). He’s never shy to be pessimistic about getting someone.

And the Sanchez family is goated. Like I said before, Ms. Sanchez might have to get her cheeks clapped for the work she’s putting in this cycle.
See they pulling out all the stops for Sanders. Got the women’s Volleyball team out there :russ:. Offord dad goated too. Smacking cats on Twitter about a Bama coach being better than Walt :buckPhil:

MustafaSTL

Daps
See they pulling out all the stops for Sanders. Got the women’s Volleyball team out there :russ:. Offord dad goated too. Smacking cats on Twitter about a Bama coach being better than Walt :buckPhil:
Yeah I saw that too. Alabama fans been talking a lot of shyt about how he’ll flip there. Hopefully the women’s volleyball team had their volleyball shorts on with the cheeks hanging out.

MustafaSTL

Daps
Update from Gleitman:

Here is what I’m hearing in a nutshell and will do a larger write up later when I get some more intel:

1. went very very well with David Sanders. Lots of optimism in the building coming out of this trip. Well timed trip and he enters decision making mode now. OSU might be my pick gun to my head today but I want to see how things settle the next 48 hours

2. Echoing Steve, I think Dorian Brew to Ohio State is trending positively. This has the chance to come full circle and OSU sees USC as top competition here right now

3. Would Be shocked if Brody Lennon doesn’t join the class relatively soon. Feel good about my RPM pick to the Buckeyes there

again, more to come later but wanted to drop those three things here

MustafaSTL

Daps
And from Fong:

Talked to Na’eem Offord’s dad

“Ohio State just feels like home always felt like home. Got a chance to really take in the city this time and the family loves it up here and loves everything Ohio State represents especially the development part and the resources. Coach Walton is one of the best to learn from the passion he has when it comes to coaching his players and his experience with coaching some All-pro defensive backs on the NFL level and to hear it from some of his former players the way they speak of coach Walt.”

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Ill add one from BK

Today we have had and will continue to have a number of feature stories on the recruits that made official visits to Ohio State this weekend. So now, let's go with the latest edition of this column on Ohio State recruiting.

1) The day got interesting early when Pickerington (Ohio) North wide receiver Preston Bowman posted on X that he had received a scholarship offer from the Buckeyes. The offer came when Ryan Daycalled Bowman this morning. Bowman made a Wednesday to Friday official visit to Kentucky and then announced on Saturday that he had committed to the Wildcats. But the Ohio State interest is not new. This spring, the Buckeyes made a preferred walk-on offer to Bowman. In this day and age of the NIL, PWO offers are often different from the old days. Then Bowman camped at Ohio State in early June and did very well and the Buckeyes' interest continued.
On June 18, Bowman was back at Ohio State with Pickerington North for team camp and was outstanding. And now the Buckeyes have offered a scholarship. I am told the Buckeyes see Bowman as a receiver, but Chip Kelly also sees him as someone who could line up in the backfield and get the ball on sweep pitches. Bowman remains committed to Kentucky and could stay with the Wildcats all the way through the process. But he grew up a Buckeye fan and his mother works at Ohio State. Other schools have continued to recruit Bowman too and would like to get him on campus for an in-season official visit to a game. This is not an automatic flip, but it is also often hard for an Ohioan to turn down a scholarship offer from the Buckeyes. We will see how things go moving forward…

2) Going into this weekend I loved the Buckeyes chances with offensive lineman Jake Cook and liked their chances with tight end Brody Lennon. This afternoon Cook announced that he has committed to Ohio State. I continue to like the Buckeyes' chances with Lennon.

3) Speaking of offensive linemen, no doubt the guy everyone wants to know about is the country's No. 1 offensive tackle David Sanders Jr. Sanders was hosted this weekend by the twins, Deontae Armstrong and Devontae Armstrong. He also spent time with Cook and Ohio State offensive line commitment Carter Lowe was on hand on Saturday. Going into this weekend, I felt Sanders' top two were Ohio State and Tennessee. I'm told after Sanders' official visit, as things stand right now, this is a very, very close battle between those two schools.

4) Speaking of two teams battling, running back Jordon Davison's visit with the Buckeyes went well. Davison has made official visits to Alabama, Michigan, Oregon and then Ohio State this weekend. Davison has a great relationship with Ohio State running backs coach Carlos Locklyn, who also recruited him and offered him a scholarship when Locklyn was the running backs coach at Oregon. And I'm told it will come down to the Buckeyes or Ducks and the decision will likely come soon.

5) This past week on our podcast with Mark Porter, I mentioned to take note of the job Alabama head coach Kalen DeBoer is doing. Then, on Saturday night, offensive lineman Micah DeBosecommitted to Alabama and the Crimson Tide have moved into the No. 2 spot behind No. 1 Ohio State in the 2025 247Sports team recruiting rankings. This weekend, Alabama linebacker commitment Jaedon Harmon made his Ohio State official visit and was hosted by Eddrick Houston. I'm told things went well enough to have Harmon thinking things over and he has not yet made a final decision on staying with his Alabama commitment or flipping to Ohio State.

6) Defensive end/edge Zion Grady was impressed with Ohio State defensive line coach Larry Johnson's presentation and how detail-oriented Johnson is along with Johnson's approach to recruiting him. Grady made official visits to Miami, Florida State, Auburn, Tennessee and now Ohio State. I am told Grady won't wait long to make his decision and it is a three-school battle between Ohio State, Florida State and Tennessee and Grady wants to get back home and process things before making his choice.

7) And finally for now, I am told there is optimism in regards to cornerback/safety Dorian Brew, but he did not make a commitment. Brew has made official visits to Ohio State, LSU, USC, Oregon and Texas.

MustafaSTL

Daps
Ill add one from BK

Today we have had and will continue to have a number of feature stories on the recruits that made official visits to Ohio State this weekend. So now, let's go with the latest edition of this column on Ohio State recruiting.

1) The day got interesting early when Pickerington (Ohio) North wide receiver Preston Bowman posted on X that he had received a scholarship offer from the Buckeyes. The offer came when Ryan Daycalled Bowman this morning. Bowman made a Wednesday to Friday official visit to Kentucky and then announced on Saturday that he had committed to the Wildcats. But the Ohio State interest is not new. This spring, the Buckeyes made a preferred walk-on offer to Bowman. In this day and age of the NIL, PWO offers are often different from the old days. Then Bowman camped at Ohio State in early June and did very well and the Buckeyes' interest continued.
On June 18, Bowman was back at Ohio State with Pickerington North for team camp and was outstanding. And now the Buckeyes have offered a scholarship. I am told the Buckeyes see Bowman as a receiver, but Chip Kelly also sees him as someone who could line up in the backfield and get the ball on sweep pitches. Bowman remains committed to Kentucky and could stay with the Wildcats all the way through the process. But he grew up a Buckeye fan and his mother works at Ohio State. Other schools have continued to recruit Bowman too and would like to get him on campus for an in-season official visit to a game. This is not an automatic flip, but it is also often hard for an Ohioan to turn down a scholarship offer from the Buckeyes. We will see how things go moving forward…

2) Going into this weekend I loved the Buckeyes chances with offensive lineman Jake Cook and liked their chances with tight end Brody Lennon. This afternoon Cook announced that he has committed to Ohio State. I continue to like the Buckeyes' chances with Lennon.

3) Speaking of offensive linemen, no doubt the guy everyone wants to know about is the country's No. 1 offensive tackle David Sanders Jr. Sanders was hosted this weekend by the twins, Deontae Armstrong and Devontae Armstrong. He also spent time with Cook and Ohio State offensive line commitment Carter Lowe was on hand on Saturday. Going into this weekend, I felt Sanders' top two were Ohio State and Tennessee. I'm told after Sanders' official visit, as things stand right now, this is a very, very close battle between those two schools.

4) Speaking of two teams battling, running back Jordon Davison's visit with the Buckeyes went well. Davison has made official visits to Alabama, Michigan, Oregon and then Ohio State this weekend. Davison has a great relationship with Ohio State running backs coach Carlos Locklyn, who also recruited him and offered him a scholarship when Locklyn was the running backs coach at Oregon. And I'm told it will come down to the Buckeyes or Ducks and the decision will likely come soon.

5) This past week on our podcast with Mark Porter, I mentioned to take note of the job Alabama head coach Kalen DeBoer is doing. Then, on Saturday night, offensive lineman Micah DeBosecommitted to Alabama and the Crimson Tide have moved into the No. 2 spot behind No. 1 Ohio State in the 2025 247Sports team recruiting rankings. This weekend, Alabama linebacker commitment Jaedon Harmon made his Ohio State official visit and was hosted by Eddrick Houston. I'm told things went well enough to have Harmon thinking things over and he has not yet made a final decision on staying with his Alabama commitment or flipping to Ohio State.

6) Defensive end/edge Zion Grady was impressed with Ohio State defensive line coach Larry Johnson's presentation and how detail-oriented Johnson is along with Johnson's approach to recruiting him. Grady made official visits to Miami, Florida State, Auburn, Tennessee and now Ohio State. I am told Grady won't wait long to make his decision and it is a three-school battle between Ohio State, Florida State and Tennessee and Grady wants to get back home and process things before making his choice.

7) And finally for now, I am told there is optimism in regards to cornerback/safety Dorian Brew, but he did not make a commitment. Brew has made official visits to Ohio State, LSU, USC, Oregon and Texas.
I see Brew and Davison committing here soon. I think things sounds as good as they can get for Sanders.

MustafaSTL

Daps
Full write up from Gleitman:

RB Jordon Davison​

I think this was a big visit by both sides as far as making sure both Ohio State and Jordon Davison were aligned with each other.

In talking with a few people I think this visit was “fine”, but I’m not getting extremely positive vibes about this one and think Davison ends up elsewhere, probably Oregon or Michigan if I had to guess. And I’m not sure OSU is going to be all that beat up if that happens, as I’m not sure said alignment ever fully came to be the past few days.

Right now I don’t have anything solid as far as destination to move my RPM pick elsewhere, but I am hearing a quick commitment could be in the cards here. I want to dig into this one a bit more as to the “where” this one goes, but right now not picking Ohio State as the final destination. Stay tuned.

TE Brody Lennon​

I came into this visit with expectations that a commitment from Brody Lennon would be on the horizon and I feel even stronger about that prediction following the official.

This trip was more for Lennon to see how he fit in with the current players and recruits on campus and all went according to plan. Don’t think you’ll have to wait much longer for this one.

OT David Sanders​

The biggest visit of the weekend and I am told that it really could not have went better. One source went as far as to say they felt “great” about where things stand with David Sanders following this trip.

Sources at Ohio State still feel Tennessee is the biggest threat here, but I am told Georgia is not to be counted out either. Clemson was also mentioned but the feel is that the Tigers may not be able to compete in the NIL area for the nation’s top offensive tackle.

I want to see how the dust settles in the next 24-48 hours but if Signing Day were today I would pick Ohio State to land Sanders. This is a huge need and the Buckeyes need to reel this one in, as they have a monster fish on the line.

DE Zion Grady​

I need to talk to some more people but the vibes I am getting from people who spent time with Zion Grady this weekend are very positive.

Not ready to call this one in favor of Ohio State, like On3’s Steve Wiltfong just did, but I now see the Buckeyes as a very realistic landing spot, with Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida State also thought to be near the top of the list.

I am told Grady and his family were very engaged throughout the weekend and felt very much at home in Columbus. Ohio State is absolutely a major player in this one. An early July decision could be in the cards.

DT Malik Autry​

If Ohio State gets Grady, I think their chances with fellow Yellowhammer State product Malik Autry go up, but I’m hearing a flip from Auburn won’t be easy for anyone.

Florida is the other program in the mix for Autry right now, and the Gators continue to plug away, but I actually think Ohio State may have more momentum should Autry decide to back away from his pledge to the Tigers, after a very strong official visit.

Think this is one you chase until ink is dry on a LOI, but right now I have nothing firm to put behind a thought that Autry flips his commitment from the home state program.

DB Dorian Brew​

Maybe the second biggest visit of the weekend, Ohio State was trying to convince Dorian Brew to come full circle and play his college ball in the Buckeye State.

Brew almost committed to OSU back in January but was convinced to delay his decision and take a look around. USC, Texas, Oregon, and LSU have all emerged as major threats to the Buckeyes, and at one point it really felt like things were slipping away for Tim Walton and staff.

But Blake Woodby decommitted, and Ohio State stayed on Brew, which paid off and allowed for the staff to make a strong sell to make the Conroe (TX) product the third member of the cornerback class in BIA 2025. I’m told the official visit this weekend went really well and while the Trojans are certainly a viable option, I am feeling better about my RPM pick in favor of the Scarlet and Gray.

Brew definitely wants to make a summer decision and I think the sooner this one ends the better for Ohio State.

MustafaSTL

Daps
Fong bomb on Grady :obama:
And here’s more from Birm:

DAVID SANDERS AND WHAT'S NEXT​

There were a number of very important official visitors at Ohio State this weekend but it's indisputable that five-star

David Sanders
was the most important in Columbus.

Sanders and his family have grown increasingly comfortable at Ohio State over the last few months and that was the priority for the Buckeyes this weekend as well. There was plenty of time with Justin Frye and with parents of other recruits—especially the family of Devin Sanchez—and social time with current Ohio State players like Deontae and Devontae Armstrong.
Any thought of "Columbus being too far" or any notion like that has been dispelled by the Ohio State staff and each visit to town underscores that as well.
Everything has gone right for the Buckeyes in this recruitment since the early spring and right now the ball is on the two-yard line and Justin Frye and Ohio State are in a position where they just have to cross the goal line.
There are probably a few weeks to go before anyone gets the answer from David Sanders though. Ohio State feels it's exactly where it needs to be in his recruitment but the is expected to disconnect from the process while they work toward a decision that may not come until August.
The Buckeyes and the Tennessee Volunteers seem to be the primary players heading into decision mode.

DORIAN BREW HAS A DECISION TO MAKE​

Ohio State and
Dorian Brew
are not strangers but this weekend in Columbus gave the Buckeyes a chance to reconnect with the Conroe (Texas) High School four-star cornerback and his family. That was something that was necessary after a handful of months where things felt like they were slipping away from Ohio State.

Things begun to shift back in a positive direction for the Buckeyes in May, aided by the decommitment of
Blake Woodby
, but there were still questions to be answered and for the most part that was taken care of this weekend. Yes, Texas and USC are going to continue fighting for the 6-foot-2, 185-pound athlete but Ohio State is hoping to move quickly and get the third piece of its epic cornerback haul locked up and locked in with the Buckeyes.

The biggest hurdle right now however may be the idea that Brew is the "third" cornerback but Ohio State has been very clear: being third doesn't make you "the third." Brew's athletic profile and traits are extremely high level and he's only really begun to scratch the surface of his potential in the secondary. The national rankings of Devin Sanchez and
Na'eem Offord
aren't going to dictate what happens with Brew's development and playing time in Columbus—only his commitment and work-ethic will.

NIL is going to play a role in this recruitment and Texas, Oregon and USC are all being more aggressive on than front than Ohio State but there's optimism that the Buckeyes can win out in the end despite that.

ALABAMA PROSPECTS POP INTO BIG TEN COUNTRY​

Ohio State took its best swing with four-star defensive linemen
Malik Autry
and
Zion Grady
as the pair of Alabama standouts came north for the weekend.

And really, there's no point in sugarcoating things here so we'll just lay it all out: it's going to be darn hard to flip Malik Autry for Auburn. He's basically living in the Tigers backyard with a family full of Auburn fans. Hugh Freeze and his program picked up an early commitment from Autry and there are great lengths that they'll go to order to preserve it. Autry is, by all accounts, very interested in Ohio State but barring something colossally bad happening at Auburn that forces him to look elsewhere, it seems that battle will continue to be uphill even after a great official visit weekend.
Grady on the other hand, does not feel that way. In fact, after talking to a number of sources in Columbus on Sunday I think it'd be an upset if he picked a school other than Ohio State but there will be a couple days worth of cool down coming as Miami, Florida State, Auburn and Tennessee work to keep him in the south. The country's No. 3-ranked weakside edge defender has been unequivocal in his interest in the Buckeyes since Larry Johnson offered in early May and the momentum right now feels like it's all tinged in Scarlet and Gray. There is some speculation that a decision could come this week and if it does that certainly bodes well for Ohio State.
And speaking of Alabama prospects, the aforementioned Na'eem Offord was at Ohio State for his official visit as well this weekend. There has been a lot of smoke about Alabama, Oregon and other schools in the last few weeks but this weekend should quiet a lot of that chatter for the time being. There's not a single person who spent any time with Offord who believes he or his family is legitimately on the fence about his recruitment and while the recruiting "game" has been fun to play a little bit, it'd be a major surprise if there were any fireworks in his process any time soon.

ANOTHER IN-STATE COMMITMENT COMING SOON?​

Ohio State added a commitment from in-state offensive lineman Jake Cook on Sunday and if things go as expected there could be a decision coming soon from Gilmour Academy (Cleveland) three-star tight end
Brody Lennon
as well.

Lennon spent the weekend at Ohio State after being at Kentucky a week ago and the primary goal was to get more comfortable around the Buckeyes players and coaches, especially tight end commit
Nate Roberts
. There were not a lot of questions that needed to be answered for the 6-foot-4, 225-pound Lennon heading into the weekend and by most accounts what few there were have been answered. The Buckeyes aren't going to be pushy and demand an answer quickly but the case of 'Who could be the second tight end in the 2025 class?'seems all but solved.

JORDON DAVISON AND THE TWO-TEAM RACE?​

There's been a lot of discussion in the last few weeks centered around
Jordon Davison
and most of it has been about Ohio State and Oregon though Michigan had been holding onto some optimism that it could pull off a coup and land him.

That dream could be close to dead for Wolverines after landing
Donovan Johnson
on Sunday and the Davison recruitment has settled back into what it's been for most of the last two months: Ohio State and Oregon. Alabama shouldn't be entirely written off here—Kalen Deboer is cooking a bit and the Crimson Tide have put together a very solid offensive line group, including new commit
Micah Debose
—but the Buckeyes and the Ducks have the best relationships with the
No. 2-ranked running back
in the country.

Ohio State would like a decision soon and I think Davison is ready to oblige on that front. Sources in Columbus suggested he's growing weary of the recruiting process and despite how long this has lasted for him there's no one who believes the Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.) standout is interesting game-playing or anything like that.
This one should be over, one way or another, in the near future as well.

MustafaSTL

Daps
Basically, sounds like we did everything we needed to do to get Sanders. Let’s see how it plays out, but went as well as it could go.

Grady sounds like we got this done.

Brew should be done and in the class.

Offord solid and not going anywhere.

Sounds iffy with Davison, but doesn’t sound like it was a home run on both ends. Gleitman makes it sound like he has an asking price we are not willing to meet.