no complaining but this GEN is the worst GEN EVER. consoles made out of date upon release

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im having a blast with the games released so far but ive been gaming since atari and that was the worst. this gen got off to a slow start but it has picked up, i already know i have different standards than most so im not as critical.

that being said the previous gens are better, the current is still dope but there are only a few games i would put up against the previous heavy hitters

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
That's hyperbole at its finest.

Horizon
Ni-oh
Bloodborne
Quantum Break
Destiny
Ori & The Blind Forest
Splatoon
Watch Dogs
I've only heard of 4 games on that list and 2 of which are borderline trash (WD and QB)...The bold is a blantant rebranded exclusive souls game...Destiny is a game where they initially charged you full price to beta test 50% of the game and now continue to charge you for the rest of it as "DLC"...

Nintendo and $5 arcade games ain't next gen...So fukk out of here with all that...If a game looks like it can run on my PS3 its not next gen...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Consoles are different than PCs. The chipsets get chosen much earlier in the development cycle, so of course they are gonna be "out of date" upon release. This isn't the PC world we're talking about. Things change quickly there. Consoles will always be outdated upon release if you compare them to PCs. The PS4K, if you believe the rumors, will be "out of date" upon release as well. Plus, there's the price you gotta worry about. People, like me, spend a grand on 1 GPU, alone. You can't expect Sony and MS to make $1000 consoles. $400 seems to be the best price point. With that, you're gonna get "outdated" tech. But even with "outdated" tech, the consoles can still have amazing graphics. Look at The Order and UC4.

Graphics don't make good games; they simply enhance them. Gameplay and art direction go a long way too. :manny:

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Noboddy cares anymore why is this still relevant!?!?!??! :dahell: just play your fukking system and be done with it!

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Consoles are different than PCs. The chipsets get chosen much earlier in the development cycle, so of course they are gonna be "out of date" upon release. This isn't the PC world we're talking about. Things change quickly there. Consoles will always be outdated upon release if you compare them to PCs. The PS4K, if you believe the rumors, will be "out of date" upon release as well. Plus, there's the price you gotta worry about. People, like me, spend a grand on 1 GPU, alone. You can't expect Sony and MS to make $1000 consoles. $400 seems to be the best price point. With that, you're gonna get "outdated" tech. But even with "outdated" tech, the consoles can still have amazing graphics. Look at The Order and UC4.

Graphics don't make good games; they simply enhance them. Gameplay and art direction go a long way too. :manny:
Omg, stop making so much fukking sense.

I'm tired of you dudes coming on here saying logical things.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC

The PS3 & 360 had a 10-Year cycle and were far more future proof compared to PS4 & XBONE. You would think the cost of the technology would decrease over time to allow for more affordable powerful consoles.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Noboddy cares anymore why is this still relevant!?!?!??! :dahell: just play your fukking system and be done with it!

I'm not usually concerned with any of this stuff. But don't release a new console like 5 years into the cycle. That's some bullshyt.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not usually concerned with any of this stuff. But don't release a new console like 5 years into the cycle. That's some bullshyt.
PS4Neo is not a new console. It's still a PS4. It's not a PS5. There won't be an Uncharted 5 exclusively for PS4 Neo. I don't know why people keep repeating this lie that PS4 Neo is a brand new console that suddenly will render PS4 obsolete.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The PS3 & 360 had a 10-Year cycle and were far more future proof compared to PS4 & XBONE. You would think the cost of the technology would decrease over time to allow for more affordable powerful consoles.
What makes you say ps360 was more future proof?

What makes you think the current gen won't last 10 years?