NiOh is better than Sekiro

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You do know that nioh actually has a higher skill ceiling than sekiro because there's more combat depth? That doesn't have to do with difficulty.

Only boss I had trouble with in Nioh was the last one because it was so poorly designed. Once you learn the sysyem the game is cake, and the ceiling is negligible because the game is beatable without reaching it. Whereaways souls games while not overloading you with superflous systems still maintain tight solid gameplay.

This is purely on combat, if we bring up graphics, lore, aesthetic, etc it is an utter wash. Aint no epic shyt in Nioh on the level of even like the fukking Cleric Beast lol. Nioh being compared to these games is a joke tbh :ld:

It does have better gameplay than Sekiro tho. I legit didnt get why peiple liked that one. I thought it was middddd

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I legit didnt get why peiple liked that one. I thought it was middddd

My favorite part of it was that it was more of a Tenchi spiritual successor than a Soulsborne game, outside of boss fights. Honestly, damn near everything it did to differentiate from Soulsborne I liked :russ: my least favorite part of it is Demon of Hatred because it’s more of a traditional From boss than a Sekiro boss, and that one is completely optional.

It’s less RPG more fast-paced, which I liked, and the setting :wow: some of the most beautiful art in this gen Fountainhead :banderas:

You definitely can’t just replace one with the other without reworking the entire game from scratch, but I like Posture so much more than stamina it’s crazy.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
:dead: at Nioh being hard. Orphan of Kos>>>>>snything in that game

Legit only difficult part of Nioh is absolute beginning. Once you understand the system piss easy
lol @ Kos being hard. I beat him in my 2nd try, and that was after choking the first try. He's not that hard. Hardest boss was Laurence. Everything else was not. And you must not have played the Nioh DLCs, because the bosses there is where the real fun begins. Sorta like BB actually.

You also realize that 'once you understand the system piss easy' applies to all these games right? Once you understand how the game wants you to play, it gets way easier. It's why everyone's hardest Souls-like game (hate that term, btw) is always the 1st.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Only boss I had trouble with in Nioh was the last one because it was so poorly designed. Once you learn the sysyem the game is cake, and the ceiling is negligible because the game is beatable without reaching it. Whereaways souls games while not overloading you with superflous systems still maintain tight solid gameplay.

This is purely on combat, if we bring up graphics, lore, aesthetic, etc it is an utter wash. Aint no epic shyt in Nioh on the level of even like the fukking Cleric Beast lol. Nioh being compared to these games is a joke tbh :ld:

It does have better gameplay than Sekiro tho. I legit didnt get why peiple liked that one. I thought it was middddd

It has better gameplay than all the SoulsBorne games. This is not debateable. And last I checked, when you're playing an Action game, gameplay SHOULD be the main focus. I'm sounding like I'm coming off anti-Souls games, and that is not the case. But you can't sit there and shyt on Nioh for giving you numerous options while praising a game for not doing that. fukk outta here lol.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps

Something doesn't have to be necessary for you to do to beat a game. Your souls game has as many mechanics and systems as Nioh, but it doesn't do most of them quite as well. I'm not sure how you found the former superfluous and not the latter.

Look, souls games don't have "tight" gameplay, they tend to be slow and cumbersome on purpose which is opposite to nioh.

Only thing I'll agree is that nioh is lowkey ugly and the "lore" is less creative.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm not sure how far I am in the game but I got the old shopkeeper from Ninja Gaiden rescued and in the shop with the blacksmith girl and I beat the brainwashed version of the samurai girl in the blue outfit. But the variety of enemies arent as numerous as the From Software games so far.

The Plug

Daps
I'm not sure how far I am in the game but I got the old shopkeeper from Ninja Gaiden rescued and in the shop with the blacksmith girl and I beat the brainwashed version of the samurai girl in the blue outfit. But the variety of enemies arent as numerous as the From Software games so far.
They actually have roughly the same enemy variety but the thing is FROM Software handled encounter design better here by keeping certain enemy types to certain regions of the world while in NiOh you'll fight almost every enemy type within the first early main & side missions regardless of where they take place.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Something doesn't have to be necessary for you to do to beat a game. Your souls game has as many mechanics and systems as Nioh, but it doesn't do most of them quite as well. I'm not sure how you found the former superfluous and not the latter.

Look, souls games don't have "tight" gameplay, they tend to be slow and cumbersome on purpose which is opposite to nioh.

Only thing I'll agree is that nioh is lowkey ugly and the "lore" is less creative.

Because once you can do the ki conserve shyt decently the game becomes a joke outside of cheesy bosses like the last one and the big water gloop one. Its a decent game but its complexity is over stated. Plus the loot system is extremely type trash

The Plug

Daps
Because once you can do the ki conserve shyt decently the game becomes a joke outside of cheesy bosses like the last one and the big water gloop one. Its a decent game but its complexity is over stated. Plus the loot system is extremely type trash
Nioh isn't complex like Devil May Cry, but it has depth, is the point I'm trying to get across which Sekiro lacks. Loot system is whatever, at the very least it rewards you for exploring which Sekiro doesn't.

I guess what you're not understanding is that you think Sekiro is good because it forces you to play one way, while Nioh allows you to play many ways and does them well.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Nioh isn't complex like Devil May Cry, but it has depth, is the point I'm trying to get across which Sekiro lacks. Loot system is whatever, at the very least it rewards you for exploring which Sekiro doesn't.

I guess what you're not understanding is that you think Sekiro is good because it forces you to play one way, while Nioh allows you to play many ways and does them well.

Breh I thought Sekiro was average af, just like Nioh. For different reasons but they both middling af imo

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Just an observation, but it appears if you like things easy you'll side with nioh, if you want a challenge like a real man then you'd prefer sekiro. I'll be politically correct and say everybody wins but off the record?

Dem nikkaz p*ssy :mjtf:
Only a p*ssy would be confused on who im talking about :ufdup:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
lmao, nioh is trash, I deleted that shyt as soon as I got the level where they had poison and you had turn off the machines, the level design is garbage, too much equipment management, bad graphics, and the gameplay is boring switching stances doesn't change the flow of the combat

sekiro is proof that sometimes less is more, less focused on how many options your ass and more focus on what you are actually doing, the gameplay is far more engaging, its like solving a puzzle, when Nioh is more stat base with the right gear on you can mow down any boss

all that other stuff is opinions....but the bolded is bullshyt. i have almost 200 hrs in that game, stances sure do change the flow, they change how you swing and what moves u can even do

Pimpdaddy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#GMB
Nioh looks like shyt and the gameplay is some bs too

Don't know bout the other one

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I honestly don’t even find the stance switch even necessary except for using low stance to kill 1 time of enemy, the zombie things that crawl on the ground. Evasion and defense seem worse in low stance and high stance is slow. You can usually kill an enemy faster in mid stance with more swings than high stance with less

forgot to mention saving special moves to other stances is the only other reason I might use it