Nintendo Switch Official Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Even if they focus on the handheld aspect I don't think the Switch will see the same success as the 3DS. The 3DS's lowend hardware actually worked in its favor since it made games cheaper to make, and shorter development cycles. Small indie companies can make 3DS games -- no problem. Developers can make weird, experimental games on there and not lose a ton of money if it fails. But now you have the Switch using much more advanced 3D graphics (relative to the 3DS) and games will be more expensive to make, and will take longer. I personally believe this part of the reason why the Vita failed.
Game don't need to use cutting edge graphics. I'm sure developing a game for a regular console is easier than developing one that uses two separate screens and 3D effects.
Vita failed for quite a few reasons. I think the main one being they made a big push for digital download only games on the Vita but the expandable memory is proprietary and expensive as fukk. I guarantee if Sony wasn't so damn stingy with those memory cards the Vita would have done better.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If this is the case with Nintendo systems being seen as complements then why were Wii U sales so low? Nintendo systems are not complements. They're the devices people are forced to buy to play Nintendo games on. It's reached a point where people's attitude has become if we have to buy your system just to play your games then the majority of us won't. The numbers back this. Every Nintendo system with the exception of the Wii sold less than the system before it.

Instead of carving out their own lane it looks to me like they're running from Sony and running from Microsoft and throwing shyt at a wall hoping it sticks with all these gimmick systems.

If you can't beat them join them. Since Nintendo doesn't want to compete with Sony what's the harm in making money with them? Breath of the Wild on PS4 would outsell whatever it will end up doing on the Wii U and NX combined.

Nintendo should have joined forces with Sony decades ago anyway.

nikka, do you know the Nintendo and Sony back story at all?

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Why the hell would they port old ass games?
Cause that's been a common trend this gen?
There's been a shyt load of remasters and remakes makes this gen.

And I really do hope they port Bayonetta 2. That game is right up my alley but fukk a Wii U

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Nintendo is dead in the home console space. The Wii U proved that. If they still had any relevance there the system would have crossed 15 million in 4 years.

:yawn:

You want Sony and M$ to copy each other and be the only console makers left? That's why creativity has been reduced to independent studios that get no coverage as DLC.

Without Nintendo, the industry would have crashed.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Wii U was a disappointment but @winb83 acting like those nintendoom articles.

nintendo will never leave the hardware business, portable or console.

They might not do PS/MS numbers or Wii numbers, but they'll always do numbers.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Wii U was a disappointment but @winb83 acting like those nintendoom articles.

nintendo will never leave the hardware business, portable or console.

They might not do PS/MS numbers or Wii numbers, but they'll always do numbers.

The doomsayers will always be at the call no matter how successful or unsuccessful Nintendo is. Those same people are saying that the 3DS is a failure and that sold 60 million and if that's a failure I can't imagine what they consider the Vita.:skip:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
That was 30 years ago. We ain't talking bout what happened back then. We talking bout right now.

Sony and M$ are just making more powerful consoles without backwards compatibility of last Gen games. VERY uninspiring.