Nintendo Switch Official Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Atlas says no Persona 5 or Yakuza 0 and EA says no Mass Effect Andromeda.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I'm very interested to see how this is gonna work when it comes to the hard drive. The rumor I heard is 32 GB, which is basically nothing in comparison to the PS4 and XB1. However, because the games are on carts, there will be no mandatory installs. So, the HDD doesn't really need to be too big but with digital releases and these ridiculous enormous patches devs release for their broken ass games, I think you still need at least 100GB

SD card slot is rumored to allow 128 GB expansion

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Atlas says no Persona 5 or Yakuza 0 and EA says no Mass Effect Andromeda.

Damn EA done switched on them like
D4qQXLc.gif

(This animation looks awful BTW, had her hittin the:francis: and all that.)

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nintendo NEEDS some third parties to stick with them or this console WILL be dead in the water. Coming from a Wii U owner who's already seen it happen.

I've seen it happen 4 generations in a row, im numb to Nintendo consoles not getting much western 3rd party support. I'd love to see it change but im fully expecting the same support from Ubisoft, Activision, THQ Nordic and WB Games. Not expecting much or anything at all from Take 2, EA and Bethesda after year one unless this thing sells 10 million by December.

Japanese 3rd parties will no doubt hold the Switch down since it doubles as a handheld and Japan doesn't fukk with consoles anymore. Plus all those Vita dev's need a place to go after 2018.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I've seen it happen 4 generations in a row, im numb to Nintendo consoles not getting much western 3rd party support. I'd love to see it change but im fully expecting the same support from Ubisoft, Activision, THQ Nordic and WB Games. Not expecting much or anything at all from Take 2, EA and Bethesda after year one unless this thing sells 10 million by December.

Japanese 3rd parties will no doubt hold the Switch down since it doubles as a handheld and Japan doesn't fukk with consoles anymore. Plus all those Vita dev's need a place to go after 2018.

Basically,
Give me good exclusives I'm straight the other competition better pray this shyt really ain't a successor to 3ds cuz it will make so much money cuz u get the best of both worlds 3ds games and console games
What I do think is it will be similar to vita but have more games on both systems

Like a partial successor till new 3ds successor comes out and then u get to choose which one to use with the 3ds games being on both certain titles but with better life on the new handheld while ur out then use the switch when ur home

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
If they play up the handheld aspect, the third parties might stick...Nintendo handhelds have always had strong third party support.

Being a hybrid though...will be an interesting watch if those same devs do stick around.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even if they focus on the handheld aspect I don't think the Switch will see the same success as the 3DS. The 3DS's lowend hardware actually worked in its favor since it made games cheaper to make, and shorter development cycles. Small indie companies can make 3DS games -- no problem. Developers can make weird, experimental games on there and not lose a ton of money if it fails. But now you have the Switch using much more advanced 3D graphics (relative to the 3DS) and games will be more expensive to make, and will take longer. I personally believe this part of the reason why the Vita failed.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It wasn't impossible for a system with a slow start to recover it just didn't happen because Nintendo was behind the system.

Nintendo's best case scenario is the Switch existing as more of a successor to the 3DS than than being seen as their next home console. The problem is if the price is too high in comparison to the 3DS then the buyers of that will shy away.

This thing can't be priced as a home console it has to have that cheaper portable price. Really you don't want a price higher than $200. The 3DS really struggled at the $250 price tag this has been rumored to be coming in at. Nintendo had to drastically drop the 3DS' price and have that ambassador program to appease people.

If I'm Nintendo I market this as a portable with the option for TV play because I want that portable audience to buy it and I price it as aggressively as possible to appeal to them. They can't allow the hybrid nature to drive up the price because most home console gamers aren't interested in their platforms.
You have to remember tablets and cell phones are eating away at the handheld market