Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
The Nintendo Switch is now at 125.62 Million Units sold.

The top 10 best selling Switch games are:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 53.79M
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 42.21M
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 31.09M
Breath of the Wild - 29.81M
Pokemon Sword/Shield - 25.82M
Super Mario Odyssey - 25.76M
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - 22.10M
Super Mario Party - 19.14M
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 15.41M
Ring Fit Adventure - 15.38M

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Lowering the price won't do much. The market's saturated. It's been 7 years. Nintendo needs to release the Switch's successor in 2024 or they're going to lose third party support.

Yep, everyone that wants a switch has two of them already. Can only sell so many limited edition models to the same customer base over over 125m already

Theres going to be collectors and some very late younger bloomers but its not enough to make a difference between an impulse buy, especially with no heavy hitters after zelda.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
This is a oled I refuse to buy more joycons lol I don’t play it enough. Doesn’t really affect me
Playing mk8 or splatoon but could cause an issue with TOTK :patrice: I was already on the fence.
If you play docked, a Pro controller is totally worth it. Best controller I've ever used, no drift problems.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
The bag has already been fumbled and now they're looking at another year of not capitalizing on demand. Of course by end of 2024 something will be released. But then you're competing with PS5 Pro. The next system really should have been released this Holiday but it is what it is. I'm sure when it comes out they'll have a catalog of games to go with it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The bag has already been fumbled and now they're looking at another year of not capitalizing on demand. Of course by end of 2024 something will be released. But then you're competing with PS5 Pro. The next system really should have been released this Holiday but it is what it is. I'm sure when it comes out they'll have a catalog of games to go with it.

Should have been released with zelda, would have been the ultimate system seller.

Now they won’t have another zelda for who knows how long. Maybe they’ll make a Tears of The Kingdom deluxe edition or something. Now it’s like do you release metroid and another mario game to keep sales going for the next year, or hold them for the new hardware launch?

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Should have been released with zelda, would have been the ultimate system seller.

Now they won’t have another zelda for who knows how long. Maybe they’ll make a Tears of The Kingdom deluxe edition or something. Now it’s like do you release metroid and another mario game to keep sales going for the next year, or hold them for the new hardware launch?

I feel like they’ve bled the switch dry. I would save any new big game for the new system.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps

They'll probably just let demand continue to build at this point and ideally start slashing prices on old Switch games. Maybe bring the Selects line back. But it looks like their content with letting sales decline and just have a drought.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang

This. This is the main thing keeping me from playing Tears of the Kingdom. I just can't play at dynamic 900p 30 fps in 2023. I was hoping they'd have a hardware update I could purchase by now smh.