Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Love the game, but it needs a hard mode.

What would your definition of hard be?

I thought the game was pretty easy, but I'm great with the sticks.

Nintendo has a way of making all their games condition you for their play style. Having to double jump, dash and slide, slide and jump, then they put it all together. Run, jump, jump, slide, dash, slide, jump, slide, dash, run, jump, slide dash, jump. Bounce off enemies, etc.

As a student of the game, you don't really think about it but then you watch others struggle on levels, falling into pits, hitting bad guys and your like :gucci: this person obviously didn't master Mario Bros 1,3, world, 64 (wall kicks will work) etc.

They unconsciously teach you all the skills and you gotta use them in tandem to progress.

The thing I didn't like about oddessy was all the moon's. But when I got to the dark side of the moon I definitely had to use the sticks. I wouldnt want a bunch of Mario maker style insane levels.

I don't know what they could do to make it more difficult.

I'm finishing 100%ing yoshis crafted world and for some of those levels you gotta have your sticks up also but it's that same patented Nintendo formula. Whether Mario, donkey kong, yoshi, Zelda.

Play some of the harder levels and set a phone or tablet to record your hands on the controller. My niece and nephew were like "how'd you get so good at games?" I remember being 4-5 watching my older brothers speed run through Mario Bros 1 and 3 and I was like :dwillhuh:.

It's weird cause now I can beat those games just by listening to the music, knowing when to run, jump, stop, fly, jump on an enemy etc. But really all their games are like that for the most part, the open world ones are a little different but you still utilize the same skills.

When I think of more difficult games I think of different skillsets like og contra or og ninja gaiden

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just copped the pro controller for $45... much cheaper than standard price but hoping it’s a good buy. anyone have this controller? Thoughts on it... the wireless GameCube controller looked cheap.

it absolutely is worth that price if you’re talking about the official nintendo brand pro controller

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah that’s the one

ya it’s a good sturdy controller...similar layout/feel to the xbox one controller granted a bit smaller...if you like using the X1 controller then this’ll be cool too...the only “problem” is I jump back and forth between using the X1 and the switch...so I have to remember the lettered buttons are reversed on the switch

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Gotta send in my joycon to Nintendo but I don't know if it is my Switch or the Joycon.

The right joy-con keeps disconnecting when trying to attach to switch

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gotta send in my joycon to Nintendo but I don't know if it is my Switch or the Joycon.

The right joy-con keeps disconnecting when trying to attach to switch

Probably the joy-con. Know someone with a switch? Just attach a second joy-con. It should sync up immediately. I was shocked by this the first time I attached someone else's joy-con to my switch cause the wii-mote pairing shyt was terrible for Wii and wii-u

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Just copped the pro controller for $45... much cheaper than standard price but hoping it’s a good buy. anyone have this controller? Thoughts on it... the wireless GameCube controller looked cheap.
I do and it's amazing I don't understand how people use anything else but that LOL

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m home I just copped today :blessed:

I’m home :blessed:

I’ll cop the pro controller this Friday, so far I only got Ultimate Alliance 3 but I really won’t be able to play until tomorrow afternoon.

already got a ps4 and I needed this, just too many games only on the Switch. I’m about to go on a Sony hiatus