Nintendo Switch Official Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Probably been covered but need some info. Bout to cop 2 switch lites for the kids. Can you transfer over all the games downloaded and their saves from the main switch? Do i just link my main account and their accounts to the new ones?

yes...you can transfer most game saves via cloud if you have nintendo online...but there are some games (pokemon let’s go/sword and shield, splatoon 2) that do not support cloud saving (you can google the rest...it’s about 30 games that don’t support it) in which case you’ll have to “manually” transfer the game save which isn’t hard to do just a bit of a nuisance tho and it can only be on one console @ a time...as for the games themselves you’ll have to re-download them on each device

Ron_Mexico

All Star
Daps
yes...you can transfer most game saves via cloud if you have nintendo online...but there are some games (pokemon let’s go/sword and shield, splatoon 2) that do not support cloud saving (you can google the rest...it’s about 30 games that don’t support it) in which case you’ll have to “manually” transfer the game save which isn’t hard to do just a bit of a nuisance tho and it can only be on one console @ a time...as for the games themselves you’ll have to re-download them on each device

:salute:

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry: I want Ring Fit Adventure. I've been told that the story mode is actually legit. Not some half assed story they loosely tossed together to get you to work out.

My workout regimen is wayyy too structured right now. I couldn't play this even if I bought it today.

I still use fitness boxing. Main reason I won't ever trade or sell my switch.

All Star
Daps
Any must haves for the Switch besides a screen protector?

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps

Cop a micro-SD card ASAP if you haven't already.

A pro controller so you don't have to use joy-cons constantly when playing docked.

If you will be using away from home, look into a carrying case to transport the Switch and any accessories easily. I originally bought a cheap case that did its job but I hated how it looked and eventually graduated to one of these.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cop a micro-SD card ASAP if you haven't already.

A pro controller so you don't have to use joy-cons constantly when playing docked.

If you will be using away from home, look into a carrying case to transport the Switch and any accessories easily. I originally bought a cheap case that did its job but I hated how it looked and eventually graduated to one of these.

nice...I ended up getting a waterfield pouch (designed for the switch) for my switch lite + grip after I seen this tweet...

...also piggybacking off your post I’d add that the card he gets should be 128/256GB

I was cheap when I first got my switch so I did 32GB...ran out of space and bought a 64GB...ran out of space and bought a 128GB card...shoulda just bought that size in the first damn place smh

*edit*

also today might be the last day to get a good deal on a microsd card...128GB are going for $15-20 and I seen 256GB going for around $30

Last edited:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
nice...I ended up getting a waterfield pouch (designed for the switch) for my switch lite + grip after I seen this tweet...

...also piggybacking off your post I’d add that the card he gets should be 128/256GB

I was cheap when I first got my switch so I did 32GB...ran out of space and bought a 64GB...ran out of space and bought a 128GB card...shoulda just bought that size in the first damn place smh

*edit*

also today might be the last day to get a good deal on a microsd card...128GB are going for $15-20 and I seen 256GB going for around $30

Yeah I purchased a Waterfield case for my Vita mad years ago after seeing a Reddit post. I forgot they existed till I found the old case and decided to see if they had anything for the Switch and instantly copped.

And for the micro-sd card, I went with a 256gb and im doing well on space for it. The 400gb dropped like 50% from what it was a year ago.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And for the micro-sd card, I went with a 256gb and im doing well on space for it.

yeah I’m about 20GB away from needing to getting a couple 256GB cards (switch + switch lite)...and this is after deleting some games to conserve space...the irony is just a few months ago I was shocked when another poster said he had a 256GB card and I couldn’t understand why he needed so much space lol smh

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

The pro controller is definitely worth its price. The 8bitdo aftermarket ones are great, but unfortunately introduce noticeable lag when playing co-op games with nintendo branded controllers (ie: joycons,pro controllers)

Having a battery bank is good too. Make sure it puts out enough power to charge while you're playing though as many do not.

Last edited:

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjcry: I want Ring Fit Adventure. I've been told that the story mode is actually legit. Not some half assed story they loosely tossed together to get you to work out.

My workout regimen is wayyy too structured right now. I couldn't play this even if I bought it today.

Been playing it the last week. It really is.

Nintendo did a damn good job gamifying the workouts not gonna lie. Feels like an actual RPG.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Been playing it the last week. It really is.

Nintendo did a damn good job gamifying the workouts not gonna lie. Feels like an actual RPG.

I've heard someone say IRL, the story is good and makes you want to play but you're too damn sore.

I felt that way about fitness boxing. I wanted to not only unlock all the combos but master them by getting 3 stars...I did it, but it takes time. You're actually shadow boxing and it's tiring.

I've got too much on my fitness plate right now.

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've heard someone say IRL, the story is good and makes you want to play but you're too damn sore.

I felt that way about fitness boxing. I wanted to not only unlock all the combos but master them by getting 3 stars...I did it, but it takes time. You're actually shadow boxing and it's tiring.

I've got too much on my fitness plate right now.

The story is ok, pretty straightforward but good enough,. but what makes me want to keep playing is unlocking new workout moves and clothing that can boost my attack/defense stats.

TBH since you workout enough you're not missing much with this game. It is a great supplement for general fitness/cardio though, and can be really fun with family.

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps

I like the idea of Ring Fit. RPG but working out. RPGs be addicting so get motivated to work out more. All the shyt i read said its a fun game. Gonna try to get it this Christmas.