Nintendo Switch Official Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it’s cool they’re giving away the NES/SNES games for “free” but imo a lot of these games have not held up well

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
it’s cool they’re giving away the NES/SNES games for “free” but imo a lot of these games have not held up well

most of the first party stuff has held up well like SM, Mario World etc...but yeah, some of'em are straight :trash:

first time playing that brawl brothers for SNES...and :camby: shyt isn't as bad/slow as Super Double Dragon but shyt ain't all that good either...it's no Streets of Rage or Final fight :heh:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I appreciate some of the SNES games and I'm starting to wrap up BOTW. Then I'll complete Odyssey and buy SMM2. I pretty much only play the Switch these days. PS4 probably won't get touched until after Cyberpunk drops.

I'd like to change my vote from smh :camby: to yes :salute: if possible.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Just bought another switch because I gave my first to my daughter. I’m trying to set up both consoles so we can play games together. If I keep my old console the primary she can play my games no matter what and I’ll be able to play my games as long as I have a connection. Correct?

if that’s true could I add another account (iratemastermind b) and make the second console the new accounts primary? I’m only doing this because I know I’ll be places without service and I don’t want her to have access to every game. The reason I don’t give each console it’s own profile is we won’t be able to share any games .

in my mind my first account (iratemastermind a) will buy games like Mario kart deluxe that we can share.

my second account (iratemastermind b) will buy games like rpg’s I know she’s not interested in.

is this doable :patrice: Is there a better way to go about this:jbhmm: I hope this wasn’t confusing.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
is this doable :patrice: Is there a better way to go about this:jbhmm:

Nintendo Switch #1 = Your daughter’s Switch
Nintendo Switch #2 = Your Switch

Go to the Eshop on Switch 1, go to your profile and scroll all the way down. You’ll see “Primary Console” tap “Deregister”. Re-sign into your account on Switch 2, go to the Eshop and Switch 2 will be named the new Primary Console. Switch 1 will need an internet connection to play digital games. As for Switch 2 create your new account and there you have it, be sure to use your new account when playing all games so that you and your daughter can play at the same time.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Nintendo Switch #1 = Your daughter’s Switch
Nintendo Switch #2 = Your Switch

Go to the Eshop on Switch 1, go to your profile and scroll all the way down. You’ll see “Primary Console” tap “Deregister”. Re-sign into your account on Switch 2, go to the Eshop and Switch 2 will be named the new Primary Console. Switch 1 will need an internet connection to play digital games. As for Switch 2 create your new account and there you have it, be sure to use your new account when playing all games so that you and your daughter can play at the same time.

Thanks for the help. Sap and rep. One more thing, am I linking my new account to my family account or a completely different account?

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Thanks for the help. Sap and rep. One more thing, am I linking my new account to my family account or a completely different account?

When you say “Family Account” you’re referring to the account you are sharing with your daughter, right?

If so, no. Your new account will stand on its own(different Email, password etc.) alongside your family account.
Like this:
nintendo-switch-game-selection-screenshot.jpg

nintendo-switch-who-playing-game-screenshot.jpg

Lory Gil = Family account
Craig = Your new account

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
When you say “Family Account” you’re referring to the account you are sharing with your daughter, right?

If so, no. Your new account will stand on its own(different Email, password etc.) alongside your family account.
Like this:
nintendo-switch-game-selection-screenshot.jpg

nintendo-switch-who-playing-game-screenshot.jpg

Lory Gil = Family account
Craig = Your new account

I think I get it and I messed up from the start. No when I say family I meant the Nintendo switch online family account. The 12 month subscription service I thought I needed.

What I did was buy games with my primary when I had 1 console. I made a profile for my daughter and she was able to play all my games.
I just got the second switch today. Deactivated my account on console 1 and logged into the eshop on console 2 as you said.

my daughter hasn’t been able to play any of my accounts games on console 1. It says she hasn’t purchased games which she hasn’t.

I created a third account. I can play games on console 2 with it and console 1 can play games from my first account. I’m still confused about getting my daughter to play on console 1. Where did I go wrong?

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I think I get it and I messed up from the start. No when I say family I meant the Nintendo switch online family account. The 12 month subscription service I thought I needed.

Oh! Yes, you are correct. You can add your new account to your NSO Family Plan.

What I did was buy games with my primary when I had 1 console. I made a profile for my daughter and she was able to play all my games.
I just got the second switch today. Deactivated my account on console 1 and logged into the eshop on console 2 as you said.

my daughter hasn’t been able to play any of my accounts games on console 1. It says she hasn’t purchased games which she hasn’t.

I created a third account. I can play games on console 2 with it and console 1 can play games from my first account. I’m still confused about getting my daughter to play on console 1. Where did I go wrong?

It sounds like you did everything right.
Unfortunately, your daughter will have to use your first account to play those games on her Switch. That’s why I recommended you to play all of your games on your switch on the new account because your daughter will need the first account for herself.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I assume the easiest thing to do would be give her my main account. And I play games from the second profile. We can both play games as long as I buy from my first account. I can drop her account entirely

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Oh! Yes, you are correct. You can add your new account to your NSO Family Plan.

It sounds like you did everything right.
Unfortunately, your daughter will have to use your first account to play those games on her Switch. That’s why I recommended you to play all of your games on your switch on the new account because your daughter will need the first account for herself.

we’re on the same page. I appreciate the help.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow::wow::wow:

I've had the switch for some time now, but its like in the last two months i've been buried in too much piff

Bought astral chain and haven't even started it because i can't get through my back log

They about to drop fuking overwatch now? Might as well sell my other console, fukking PS4 been getting dusty :mjlol:

I went ahead and switched up to the bigger battery and got through a 8 hour flight last week only having to top off once

I swear this console has changed everything.... and then you dock it an get big screen play... GOATendo has truly done it with this one...

:wow::wow::wow: