Nintendo Switch Official Thread

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
I'm almost sold on this

I saw the tweet about PS4 titles appearing on the switch, how's that resolution looking on the go :patrice:

skyrim :patrice:

Maybe some games can't be used mobile

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
That's the problem. They keep releasing the console they shpuld have had 4 or 5 years ago smh. If this is cheap (unlikely due to the gimmicks), or is really on point, I may fukk with it. If it's just another Wii or Wii-U, outdated on day one machine:scusthov:, then it's another Nintendo generation skipped for me.

True. I got the Wii U and was pretty disappointed. The lack of good games was my biggest complaint, but also the console itself was just...odd. The controller was big, bulky and heavy. I feel like this console [Nintendo Switch] will either make or break Nintendo. Maybe not with hardcore fanboys, but probably with the GP.

SalamiAttack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Ancient City of Brooklyn
notS5FP.png

:comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
NVIDIA Gaming Technology Powers Nintendo Switch | NVIDIA Blog

NVIDIA Technology Powers New Home Gaming System, Nintendo Switch

The first thing to know about the new Nintendo Switch home gaming system: it’s really fun to play. With great graphics, loads of game titles and incredible performance, the Nintendo Switch will provide people with many hours of engaging and interactive gaming entertainment.

But creating a device so fun required some serious engineering. The development encompassed 500 man-years of effort across every facet of creating a new gaming platform: algorithms, computer architecture, system design, system software, APIs, game engines and peripherals. They all had to be rethought and redesigned for Nintendo to deliver the best experience for gamers, whether they’re in the living room or on the move.

A Console Architecture for the Living Room and Beyond
Nintendo Switch is powered by the performance of the custom Tegra processor. The high-efficiency scalable processor includes an NVIDIA GPU based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards.

The Nintendo Switch’s gaming experience is also supported by fully custom software, including a revamped physics engine, new libraries, advanced game tools and libraries. NVIDIA additionally created new gaming APIs to fully harness this performance. The newest API, NVN, was built specifically to bring lightweight, fast gaming to the masses.

Gameplay is further enhanced by hardware-accelerated video playback and custom software for audio effects and rendering.

We’ve optimized the full suite of hardware and software for gaming and mobile use cases. This includes custom operating system integration with the GPU to increase both performance and efficiency.

NVIDIA gaming technology is integrated into all aspects of the new Nintendo Switch home gaming system, which promises to deliver a great experience to gamers.

The Nintendo Switch will be available in March 2017. More information is available at Nintendo Switch™ - Official Site - Nintendo's New Video Game System.

Chef

All Star
Daps
I'm more hyped about what this will do for the industry as a whole. I can't imagine another console company fighting for exclusivity DLC for their multiplatform games. :scust: