Nintendo Switch Official Thread

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Question guys. I recently bought another switch because my kids dominated my original one.

Is there a way to transfer my downloaded games and saves onto the new switch? I know Nintendo pairs the games with the console, so I'm not sure if this is possible.

Any information or link explaining this will be greatly appreciate.

You can transfer your digital games, but unfortunately you can't transfer your saves. You also can't share those digital on more than one console either.

Here's a link:
How to transfer a digital game from one Nintendo Switch to another

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Question guys. I recently bought another switch because my kids dominated my original one.

Is there a way to transfer my downloaded games and saves onto the new switch? I know Nintendo pairs the games with the console, so I'm not sure if this is possible.

L

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

At this point the Switch is designed for you to have one per household. You can't move saves at all and while you can have digital games on multiple Switch consoles you can only have one Switch at a time as your primary console. The Switch that isn't the primary can't play the games until you make it the primary.

If you have multiple Switch consoles I would strongly suggest at least not go digital. At least that way the kids have their Switch with their account and saves and you have yours with your account and saves. That lets you simply move the games between Switch consoles freely.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
An Indie dev did an AMA on Reddit and says Nintendo are working on an achievement system for the Switch.
WwapGMO.png

0s8hvfZ.png

Cool for those that care about cheevos I guess.:ehh:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
An Indie dev did an AMA on Reddit and says Nintendo are working on an achievement system for the Switch.
WwapGMO.png

0s8hvfZ.png

Cool for those that care about cheevos I guess.:ehh:
I might buy some multiplat games on the Switch if they do.
I'm guessing, hoping, it'll be bronze, silver, and gold stars.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall think pokken will be good for switch?

It came out for wiiu with no online, switch version looks like it'll have online fighting or at least dlc....

I got a bday coming up in 2 weeks for a 6 year old. Lil dude loves the shyt out of the demo on switch. Vs this or DragonBall what yall think?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Yall think pokken will be good for switch?

It came out for wiiu with no online, switch version looks like it'll have online fighting or at least dlc....

I got a bday coming up in 2 weeks for a 6 year old. Lil dude loves the shyt out of the demo on switch. Vs this or DragonBall what yall think?
Dragonball Xenoverse 2 is not only a fighting game its also like a MMO action RPG since you can go on quests with other players. Get Pokken for him since he loves the demo and Dragonball Xenoverse 2 for yourself since it has more depth.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dragonball Xenoverse 2 is not only a fighting game its also like a MMO action RPG since you can go on quests with other players. Get Pokken for him since he loves the demo and Dragonball Xenoverse 2 for yourself since it has more depth.

I liked the demo of pokken too but with Mario + rabbids and Odyssey I can't get all these games for switch then have to split time with him.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
is the switch gonna have a virtual console w/ the old nes and snes games? or are we stuck with the nes classic for now

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since the S/NES classics are popular I don't see the point in a virtual console (from Nintendo's perspective).

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Since the S/NES classics are popular I don't see the point in a virtual console (from Nintendo's perspective).
That's actually what Reggie Fils-Aime said in an interview. The retro consoles are meant to fill the void of the VC.

I just thought it'd be dope to have some of those classics mobile though :yeshrug: