Nintendo Switch Official Thread

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I'm clearly a noob because this is my first ever Zelda game (I've been PlayStation exclusive until now) so I'm running around BoTW lost as all hell. I did the obvious first shrine, then I went and did a 2nd one that was in some cold land. I had no cold weather gear, idk how to prepare the peppers, my ass only got a damn tree branch as a weapon.... so I'm HAUL ASSIN to the top of the mountain where it was located, barely made it with a quarter bar of health. So now I'm gonna go find the third one tomorrow until I go to work.... oh wait a minute... I CAN TAKE THIS TO MY JOB TOO :blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

Played some Metal Slug also... never played it before, it's fun. Though I was using the Joycon D-Pad which hurts like all hell.

Using a wired connection at home while docked, lucky for me I just happened to have the USB to Ethernet adapter required because my old laptop's ethernet port didn't work so I had to buy one for it.

your first ever Zelda? If Odyssey is your first 3D Mario then you need the VC real bad.

Stress Welker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FIFA Switch looks dare I say.......good?

DB_yUSjWAAAxPct.jpg

DB_yUSkWsAAmNfk.jpg

DB_yUSmXsAAw7YO.jpg

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm like the worst Puyo Puyo Tetris player ever :dead:

Still, it's fun, surprisingly; even when you lose :leon:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm like the worst Puyo Puyo Tetris player ever :dead:

Still, it's fun, surprisingly; even when you lose :leon:
Which do you suck at?
I can play Tetris fine but I can't play Puyo at all. My brother is the opposite. We were co-op'ing the story mode, even switching the controller on swap levels when the board swapped. Then, there came a Fusion level and that was the end of that :francis:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Which do you suck at?
I can play Tetris fine but I can't play Puyo at all. My brother is the opposite. We were co-op'ing the story mode, even switching the controller on swap levels when the board swapped. Then, there came a Fusion level and that was the end of that :francis:
I'm actually really good at Puyo Puyo, but suck at tetris. I play fusion and swap. I'm trying to get better, but, to be honest, Tetris takes more skill and thinking ahead. I need to learn how to read the next 3 peices

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
JRPG brehs... Is I Am Setsuna any good?

I see on IGN and Kotaku that the story is great but the combat leaves much to the imagination.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Eurogamer impressions on FIFA:

FIFA 18 on Nintendo Switch is the best portable FIFA ever

Eurogamer impressions:
- Says game plays well & is at least as responsive as Fifa 17
- Doesn't look as good as PS4 Pro version (shocking news!)
- Says single Joycon mode is fiddly but does an okay job.

Eurogamer interview with the Producer of the Switch version:
- Completely custom engine for Switch, not Frostbite, not Ignite
- 3D crowds, grass, new lighting
- Icons are in
- Everything in FUT works "almost exactly the same as other platforms", but no Champions.
- Can buy packs, manage your team anywhere you can connect to wifi
- No "new animation every frame", retains old "new animation every step" from FIFA 17
- 60 FPS
- No atmosphere effects/celebrating in the crowd since that's Frostbite
- New overhauled crossing is in the Switch version
- New hard tackle is in
- The new quick subbing isn't in yet, but the producer says he's "adding it to the list"
- No Journey since it's powered by Frostbite
- The producer says they could get Frostbite on the Switch, but they thought a custom engine would be a better experience
- Doesn't close the door on feature parity with the console versions in the future. Need to see where the platform goes from here

giphy.gif

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Eurogamer impressions on FIFA:

FIFA 18 on Nintendo Switch is the best portable FIFA ever

Eurogamer impressions:
- Says game plays well & is at least as responsive as Fifa 17
- Doesn't look as good as PS4 Pro version (shocking news!)
- Says single Joycon mode is fiddly but does an okay job.

Eurogamer interview with the Producer of the Switch version:
- Completely custom engine for Switch, not Frostbite, not Ignite
- 3D crowds, grass, new lighting
- Icons are in
- Everything in FUT works "almost exactly the same as other platforms", but no Champions.
- Can buy packs, manage your team anywhere you can connect to wifi
- No "new animation every frame", retains old "new animation every step" from FIFA 17
- 60 FPS
- No atmosphere effects/celebrating in the crowd since that's Frostbite
- New overhauled crossing is in the Switch version
- New hard tackle is in
- The new quick subbing isn't in yet, but the producer says he's "adding it to the list"
- No Journey since it's powered by Frostbite
- The producer says they could get Frostbite on the Switch, but they thought a custom engine would be a better experience
- Doesn't close the door on feature parity with the console versions in the future. Need to see where the platform goes from here

giphy.gif
Lazy fukks

They should've put Frostbite on it which would've came in handy for other EA titles.