Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:snoop:USF2 is $60 in Canada. fukk Nintendo for that BS. I might just wait for a sale.

Nintendo has no say in how publishers price their games, the pricing was all Capcom. A few months ago the developers of Rime got heat for pricing the game $10 more on the Switch than the other versions. Just last week they announced that they lowered the price and now it cost as much as the other versions.

USF2 in general is just another dumb Capcom move.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
give me about a day and a half, and I'll have this shyt mastered if it isn't custom

:wow: just bring it, Nintendo.

The clicking in of the left stick is what bothers me. Guarding is so important in a figuring game, I hate that it's mapped to that button when L is open and not mapped. I do hear that you can also use the triggers to punch instead of the face buttons, so that's a really good thing.
It just really annoys me that I own a pro controller (2 actually) but with the button mapping, it's no more useful than a single joycon. It was done intentionally for parity and that's bullshyt, I paid a lot of money for these damn things. They are supposed to have better controls than just on sideways joycon.

Reviews for Ultra Cashgrab 2 is out and the general consensus is pretty much "Just buy Garou Mark of the Wolves instead.":yeshrug:

Only problem with Garou is no online play. Otherwise, still a great game. Just played through an arcade ladder the other day. I still suck at the game years later :wow:

:snoop:USF2 is $60 in Canada. fukk Nintendo for that BS. I might just wait for a sale.

The publisher, Capcom in this instance, sets the price of the game. I wouldn't even bother though. Every review has said just how low effort this port is and for Capcom to charge $40 is pretty disgusting. The first person mode is somehow even worse than it looks. 2 "new" characters and a color editor are not enough to justify charging so much for a re-release of a 25 year old game. Capcom could've really done something special here but chose not to. So :manny:
that's gonna be a no from me dog. I'll pick it up once it hits $20.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nintendo has no say in how publishers price their games, the pricing was all Capcom. A few months ago the developers of Rime got heat for pricing the game $10 more on the Switch than the other versions. Just last week they announced that they lowered the price and now it cost as much as the other versions.

USF2 in general is just another dumb Capcom move.
Rime's pricing was scaled back to match other consoles digitally but the physical version is still $10 more than other consoles. The caveat being that you receive a free download code for the games soundtrack (normally priced at $10) with the Switch physical version.

USFII is just frustrating. I would gladly pay $40 if they put the proper effort into it. Here's how it should've been.
1. Include arcade perfect ports of every SF II revision. Super Street Fighter II Turbo has never received an arcade perfect port. A game that's still used in competitive play to this day and they still have to use the arcade version because Capcom is too lazy to emulate that game properly. Big missed opportunity.
2. Include a new version of the game. This would be Ultra Street Fighter II. No HE Remix graphics cause tbh in motion, the HD Remix graphics do not look good. They look great in stills but with them being 1:1 redrawings of the original sprites, it just makes all the missing animation frames that were a product of the time stand out even more. Go with the original CPSII look and include some actual new challengers from each of the Street Fighter games. Have someone from SFI, SF Alpha, SFIII, SFIV and SFV. shyt, even someone from SF Ex would've been cool.

These things wouldve taken actual effort though and costs money. Much easier to just slap a $40 price tag on HD Remix with slight tweaks and use the in-game color editor to make Evil Ryu and Violent Ken. fukk Capcom.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I still think they should have ported over USF4 or MvC3 instead. I mean, they got MT Framework running on the Switch and they've ported both games to lesser hardware before.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Looking at the hardware sales in Japan and the Switch should've been the best selling console in a long ass time in Japan but of course Nintendo misjudged the market. Again :beli:

They better be ready with at least 100k Splatoon bundles in Japan when it launches. That game is gonna crush

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Looking at the hardware sales in Japan and the Switch should've been the best selling console in a long ass time in Japan but of course Nintendo misjudged the market. Again :beli:

They better be ready with at least 100k Splatoon bundles in Japan when it launches. That game is gonna crush

It didn't do well in Japan? :ohhh:

I would of thought since they only mess with handhelds nowadays that this would be flying off the shelves.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It didn't do well in Japan? :ohhh:

I would of thought since they only mess with handhelds nowadays that this would be flying off the shelves.

It is doing well in japan since it's constantly selling out. It's just that it would do way more if Nintendo actually shipped more unit's instead of intentionally holding units until a big game comes out.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Picked up the 2 pack of fire emblem amiibos that just came out. First amiibos I've bought. :yeshrug:They gave me some food in BOTW. Wish I could get my hands on the Zelda amiibos but I'm not paying those ridiculous resale prices.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
CEO of Capcom said that as far as support of the Switch goes, they're looking at how Ultra Street Fighter II performs to judge how they'll be supporting the system :martin:

Same shyt as always with these third parties. Bring a super low effort, shyt title to the system and then be like 'Nintendo fans don't want our games :manny:' when they sell poorly. Capcom can fukk right off

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
CEO of Capcom said that as far as support of the Switch goes, they're looking at how Ultra Street Fighter II performs to judge how they'll be supporting the system :martin:

Same shyt as always with these third parties. Bring a super low effort, shyt title to the system and then be like 'Nintendo fans don't want our games :manny:' when they sell poorly. Capcom can fukk right off
If this is the bullshyt quality they plan to release, I hope they stay away from Nintendo

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

We live in a world where Konami has more faith in the Switch than Capcom.:skip: