Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
There's an app supposedly coming in the eshop that will let you stream games from your PC. Rainway | Play Your Games Anywhere
Update on Rainway

Cliff Notes:

Says it has a high chance of being added to eshop

"The Nintendo Switch is a unique console, it was designed with portability in mind and because Rainway aims to make PC games portable, I feel they can have a strong relationship.

That being said, a lot of people say Rainway would discourage ports to the Switch which I find a bit silly. Streaming isn't (or can't be) for everyone and developers are going to port their games regardless of our app. In fact from our conversations with other developers, they'd be more likely to port their game to a specific platform if a lot of our users played their games via Rainway on it."

"We will publish data on what games are being played via our platform, among other things developers will find useful.

Try and keep in mind our platform has some clear limitations, one of them being an internet connection. Rainway won't work if you take it on a plane, but the Switch still would so having a real port is always more beneficial."

Said the game he wants to stream to Nintendo Switch first is Metal Gear Rising

Is a free service

"Rainway will just require your PC be logged in. You won't need to know IP address or port forward, all this stuff is handled for you. You'll just login to your Rainway account and pick which game you want to play."

Remote rumble is supported by their API

"Rainway runs a virtual Xbox controller on your PC and is detected by games. Most games support dual input, so if you choose to use a controller remotely, all the input is mapped to an Xbox controller and sent to the virtual controller on your PC. Then all feedback data is sent back to the remote controller.

In all our testing, we've never had to do anything special to get it working. Plug and play."

Button mapping is customizable since it's open source to allow for per game configs

Unfortunately the games have to be running on the PC screen for now until he finds a way to have it running in the background

"The only traffic we'd be routing is the initial P2P handshake our protocol uses. After that traffic is sent directly between you and your pc."

Rainway automatically adjusts the resolution in handheld to docked mode and back again.

Supports touch screen

Input lag is 2 to 3ms between frames

"Well our Xbox app is approved and we're submitting our proposal to Sony next week, so time will tell. Nonetheless Rainway works in web browsers too. This means any device that can browse Facebook can use Rainway. Native clients on platforms just allow us to do more feature integration."

"requires a modern GPU. However both AMD and Nvidia work fine. You'll also find ours has less latency than other services like game stream, moonlight and steam link. It's also free and self hosted."

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
was playing at work the other day and for the first time, since I had it day 1, one of my joycons died. tbf, I have only been charging the console with the joycons detached lately. I play it heavy in table top mode. what surprised me is that only one joycon died, and of course that joycon was the left one :mjlol:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I never owned a Xbox or ps

Last console was Wii and probably only bought 2 or 3 games, rest were bootlegged

Is this worth getting for non-serious gamers

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I never owned a Xbox or ps

Last console was Wii and probably only bought 2 or 3 games, rest were bootlegged

Is this worth getting for non-serious gamers

what were the 2 or 3 games you actually decided to buy for Wii?

this is so far what we kinda figure we got for 2017. I still question Xenoblade 2 this year, but I'm hoping for it.

I'm a Nintendo stan, so you may take it as bias, but this is the first console I've ever bought day 1, and it feels like the best gaming day 1 purchase I've/i'll ever made. It's very nice to not have to rely on the tv for my gaming needs, and with the Wii U not allowing me to go past the living room with the gampad, the Switch just feels right.

Server and Wifi needs to tune up thou.