Harlem
niotOwD.png
:dame:

shyt made me literally laugh out loud b

:sadcam:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I'm still undecided on how I want my multiplayer set up. My first thought was having two pairs of joy cons and 2 pro controllers, but the pro controllers are cheaper than the joycon pair so I might stick with 1 pair of joycons and 3 pro controllers.
Nah man. You gotta carry all that shyt around. I can fit the Switch tablet in one pocket and 4 joycons in another.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Nah man. You gotta carry all that shyt around. I can fit the Switch tablet in one pocket and 4 joycons in another.
If I was going anywhere I even remotely expected to play multiplayer I would throw it in my back pack.
I'm thinking about how useful is 4 joycons gonna be for serious games that will be played better with actual controllers. No way in hell I'm gonna play Smash Bros with one joycon, and no way I would expect anyone else to either.
I think the best bet overall would be the combo of 2 pairs of joycons with the holders, and 2 pro controllers, that way I would have the option for 2 player motion controlled games, 4 player controller based games, and the extremely rare chance of playing four players on one switch screen.
A pair of joycons is $80 + Basic (non charging) Grip $15 = $95
Pro Controller $70

Sidenote: Nintendo is really raping people with these prices for controllers. :scust:

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
If I was going anywhere I even remotely expected to play multiplayer I would throw it in my back pack.
I'm thinking about how useful is 4 joycons gonna be for serious games that will be played better with actual controllers. No way in hell I'm gonna play Smash Bros with one joycon, and no way I would expect anyone else to either.
I think the best bet overall would be the combo of 2 pairs of joycons with the holders, and 2 pro controllers, that way I would have the option for 2 player motion controlled games, 4 player controller based games, and the extremely rare chance of playing four players on one switch screen.
A pair of joycons is $80 + Basic (non charging) Grip $15 = $95
Pro Controller $70

Sidenote: Nintendo is really raping people with these prices for controllers. :scust:
No I literally gotta sneak around the corner to play Switch with coworkers. fukk carrying a book bag this is a Stealth Ninja Mission.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My set up which is perfect for mk8 is 2 pro controllers, and the joy cons that came with the system and two wheels.

worst case scenario a good 3 player game will come out that require pro style controllers in which case i'll have 2 pro controllers and the standard gamepad cradle that came with the system.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Left joycon repair update for those that are currently, or in the future might be going through the same thing.

Bought the Switch Friday afternoon 4/28.
Called Nintendo Saturday 4/29. Was told transit and repair would take up to 3 weeks. I very politely voiced my disappointment that I hadn't had the product for 24 hours yet and it already wasn't working. Also mentioned that the whole reason I purchased it was for a trip I have on 5/13. Employee told me that she would issue an express shipping label and try to get the repair expedited. A few hours later I received a 2nd day air shipping label via email. Unfortunately UPS was closed by this time and they aren't open on Sunday.
Monday 5/1 I dropped my joycon at UPS.
Wednesday 5/3 received an email stating the joycon was received and is currently "in service" (being repaired). Checked the status through Nintendo's website and it shows 'In Service' as well as a note that says 'We are preparing your item(s) for shipping'.
UsOvRYj.png

Just got an email stating that the repair has been complete and the joycon has been shipped back to me via 2nd day air UPS. :blessed:
sSxCAI2.png

Looks like it'll be a 7 day turn around by the time I get it back. :wow:
UPS Tracking says I should have my joycon back tomorrow before the end of the day. :blessed:
Nintendo, you screwed me with your faulty left joycon, but you definitely came through with that fast shipping/repair turn around (5 days). :hubie::SNAKESALUTE:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Ciggavelli

Thumper for Switch launches May 18
image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Thumper-Switch-May-18.jpg

Thumper-Switch-May-18.jpg

Read more at Thumper for Switch launches May 18 - Gematsu

About

Thumper is rhythm violence: classic rhythm-action, blistering speed, and brutal physicality. You are a space beetle. Brave the hellish void and confront a maniacal giant head from the future.

Scream down the endless track and crash through punishing obstacles with simple, airtight controls. Hurtle forward, master new moves, reach overwhelming velocities, and survive epic boss battles. Every crushing impact is interwoven with a pounding original soundtrack. To reach synesthetic bliss, you must go through rhythm hell.

Play in traditional HD or fully immersive VR (SteamVR or Oculus).

• Nine levels of Rhythm Hell
  • Adrenalizing Boss Battles, including the terrifying Crakhed
  • Simple Controls: one stick and one button
  • Psychedelic Visuals
  • Original Soundtrack by Brian Gibson of noise-rock band Lightning Bolt

Read more at Thumper for Switch launches May 18 - Gematsu