Nintendo Switch Official Thread

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
If you own this and don't have Snipperlcips or Fast RMX yet :francis:
Both games well worth the purchase. Snipperlcips is on Overcooked level of local multiplayer imo. Excellent game for multiplayer. If you only play alone though, you could skip it. Fast RMX is a must own
My wife was playing snipperclips earlier while I played horizon zero dawn

One of the proudest moments of our marriage

:mjcry:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, I debated doing this for a while, and then said screw it - FOR SCIENCE!

I took my Switch, and slammed it in and out of the dock (bear in mind this is a dock that's absolutely leaning in towards the back, like so many are).

Video here:

https://db.tt/wptWKJuzQm

This thing is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to scratch. I don't know how you guys are doing it. I probably slammed the Switch in 100 times or more in the course of testing. I even SQUEEZED the dock while doing it. (The smudge you see is from the rubber pad, and wipes right off).

So what's going on here?

Also, I even ran my VW car key over the screen, and it didn't scratch the screen. I wasn't going to press super HARD, but you can definitely hear the scraping sounds. No scratches, not even hairline ones.

Video here:

https://db.tt/LkgTBysW5o

I have a second dock that I placed a book in to to straighten the opening, and - yes - it definitely straightens it to a noticeable degree, but since I did the bulk of my testing on the crooked one, I don't see this as the issue.

The only thing that results from slamming the Switch in and out of the dock - is a smudge on the screen from the rubber pad, that wipes off - even with a dry/non-oily finger.

So, take that as you will, but you do NOT need a screen protector for the Switch, and the dock - in my experience - is incredibly unlikely to scratch the screen.

The only way I can see the dock scratching the screen is if there's some particle of grit that gets stuck on the rubber pad at the bottom, but that would be an extreme case.

I of course believe people are scratching their Switch consoles, but it boggles my mind how it's happening.

Anyway, this relaxes me a ton, and reminds me a good deal of the PS Vita screen. Yep, people were scratching those, too, but I haven't put a scratch on mine and it's held up super well (unlike the PSP screen, which was a scratch MAGNET and terribly non-durable).

So, there you go... have at it, and flame away as necessary. :smile:

As an aside, here's the movement difference between the straightened dock and a dock out of the box...

Vido here:

https://db.tt/7NkQbeN9Yq

And, omg #yellowgate! Which screen would you rather have? :smile:

cJcnLr7.jpg

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

nikkas is eating cartridges and poking the screen with the Joycons to the point where the system is tipping over backwards and falling over yet Nintendo made obvious design flaws.

Luckily Zelda is holding me down. I think by the time I 100% it then do it again then beat hard mode when they release the dlc and add new quests there will be more games if not there's gonna be a big problem.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
who else bought Blaster Master? shyt is dope

I'm downloading it right now. If they can build up a sizable, affordable, local multiplayer, arcade library with a couple great AAA releases, I'll be more than happy with my purchase.

Right now, i just have snipperclips and blastermaster, with MK8, Mario Odyssey, and SF2 on pre-order. So far so good for my intended use.

Edit: MasterBlaster is :banderas:

Last edited: