Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
Walmart preordeers are held until Apr 1st unlike gamestop which is only for 24 hrs.

"I am a low level manager at Walmart. We received two Red Blue Switches Thursday February 23. The major reason why I say check your box before leaving is a very simple one.

There is not a single security seal on the Nintendo Switch box.

Edit: To elaborate on this. The console and controllers are right there on the top of the box and are easily removable from the package in 20-30 seconds. A warehouse worker or truck unloader could easily remove them and fit them in a pocket. We do high ticket item verification, but at the end of the day an average associate isn't going to notice the difference in weight. The box could go a week or more inside the Walmart distribution network before it reaches you."

"For Best Buy all 30+ of both Gray and Neon Switch consoles did NOT have any seal/sticker. I talked to the manager (as I'm nowhere near one) and he didn't understand. I showed him how easy I could open the box, and what looked right at us and he said "oh". Sadly, he told me because the contract/deal they have with Nintendo, we can NOT put seal stickers on them to make it a little more difficult to open. After all that he said we'll have to spider wrap each and every single one. Told him to not touch mine, as I like the box :p"
This may (or may not) have happened with psps when I worked at Walmart. Security tape on the top but nothing on the bottom which was easy to unfold and put back (is what I was told). They didn't sell well in the beginning so empty boxes would sit in the cage with the other small expensive items for weeks (I think?). To keep the weight, some had no battery, some no psp (allegedly)

No security tape at all on the Switch, y'all should most definitely check your shyt right then and there

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Any price confirmation on I Am Setsuna from the eshop? Rumor that it may be $19.99.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
well one valid reason to hate is that it won't work with your bluetooth headset unless you buy an adapter

the adapter would have to plug in to the 3.5mm headset port

• Dap
Reactions: Ns

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Best Buy just charged me for everything and it's in "prepare" mode :lupe:
Waiting on that charge myself. My bank account about to be like :damn:. Just bought a new bed and green tea foam mattress yesterday (:salute: for that tip, although, I should probably wait till I get it and try it first) and this all in one week. It's all good though. Switch came right in tax season :jawalrus:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I got the charge for the switch from bestbuy, can't wait. I'm about to order the games today, I didn't know King Fighters 98 is a Japanese launch title on the eshop, hope it's region free.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I got the charge for the switch from bestbuy, can't wait. I'm about to order the games today, I didn't know King Fighters 98 is a Japanese launch title on the eshop, hope it's region free.
Eshop titles are like PSN in that it's tied to the region your account is in. You could still DL it but you'd need a separate Japanese account

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Waiting on that charge myself. My bank account about to be like :damn:. Just bought a new bed and green tea foam mattress yesterday (:salute: for that tip, although, I should probably wait till I get it and try it first) and this all in one week. It's all good though. Switch came right in tax season :jawalrus:
You'll like the mattress. My girl even likes it too. Amazing quality and value :wow: