Nintendo Switch Official Thread

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Disclaimer:
‏@ArcadeGirl64 1h1 hour ago

"These are all rumors for now. Not facts. Just things that I've been hearing down the grapevine. Could be right, could be wrong. *shrugs*"

Spinoff from the NX motion/force feedback thread:

Her tweets are protected otherwise I would have directly linked them:

Emily Rogers ‏@ArcadeGirl64 5 min
1) This article about NX's detachable controllers supporting force feedback and motion controls has truth.

Emily Rogers ‏@ArcadeGirl64 3 min
2) NX prototype had a 6.2 inch 720p multi-touch touchscreen. Unknown if final product's screen size will be larger / smaller than prototype.

Emily Rogers ‏@ArcadeGirl64 3 min
3) Prototype for dock station has USB ports. I heard 2 usb ports, but I don't know if this number will change in the final product.

If true that'd be great. 720P for handheld mode and 1080P rendering for the console game mode.

Hasn't she lied before?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
a rumor isn't a guess I'd say. It's a rumor. Things change. Sometime sources get fed wrong info, plans change etc. I wouldn't discount someone entirely because a "rumor" they posted was wrong.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
sounds bad
a video game handheld at 720P sounds bad?

Vita is 540P.

A NX handdheld at 720P will be outputting graphics better than the Wii U. Don't compare screen resolutions of cell phones. Cell phones have 1080P screens but those games thatt run on it aren't even native res and on top of that they're expensive as fukk. A 720P handheld running games that look better than this:
yayomg-breath-of-the-wild-running.gif

will be amazing. This is already a 720P wii U game.

MewTwo

Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
I think console-level graphics on a handheld is a bad idea. The Vita has been a failure I don't think people are ready for something like this.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think console-level graphics on a handheld is a bad idea. The Vita has been a failure I don't think people are ready for something like this.
:what:
Sony and Nintendo are not the same.

Vita failed because it was a $250 handheld pushed with corny "console like" games that wasn't really good, proprietary memory cards and then stopped getting support from Sony a few years later. On top of that it wasn't even aimed at the younger crowd either.

Nintendo will be selling this at a low price. It's graphics capabilities are the least of it's problems.
A Pokemon game on the NX or monster hunter will sell gangbusters. Nintendo has the IPs and creative games to sell w/e.

It's like saying the Wii u failed because it wasn't as powerful as PS4/Xbox One when we know that's not true. People think good hardware on a Nintendo console means it'll be at the expense of good gaming.

MewTwo

Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
:what:
Sony and Nintendo are not the same.

Vita failed because it was a $250 handheld pushed with corny "console like" games that wasn't really good, proprietary memory cards and then stopped getting support from Sony a few years later. On top of that it wasn't even aimed at the younger crowd either.

Nintendo will be selling this at a low price. It's graphics capabilities are the least of it's problems.
A Pokemon game on the NX or monster hunter will sell gangbusters. Nintendo has the IPs and creative games to sell w/e.

It's like saying the Wii u failed because it wasn't as powerful as PS4/Xbox One when we know that's not true.

I don't know man. Playing with those graphics on a small screen would hurt my eyes. I'm very skeptical that this shyt would work.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know man. Playing with those graphics on a small screen would hurt my eyes. I'm very skeptical that this shyt would work.
:dwillhuh:

I take it that your eyes hurt when u play Wii U games on the gamepad then right? Your eyes wouldn't hurt playing breath of the wild on the gamepad but at 720P on the NX it will? :what:

This makes no sense at all.

MewTwo

Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
:dwillhuh:

I take it that your eyes hurt when u play Wii U games on the gamepad then right? Your eyes wouldn't hurt playing breath of the wild on the gamepad but at 720P it will? :what:

But I don't play Wii U games on the gamepad. My eyes are glued to the TV. Most Wii U games don't even properly use the gamepad anyway and only display minor information relevant to the gameplay.

I tried playing Mario Kart 8 on the gamepad (with the TV off) and I couldn't do it.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
So, new speculation:

http://i2.wp.com/letsplayvideogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/NX-Layout-1.png?resize=323,276

http://i0.wp.com/letsplayvideogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/NX-Layout-2.png?resize=400,276

As others already said, it's a hybrid console with detachable controllers that have a split D-Pad, A, B, X, Y, and a camera / share button. However, something I believe none of them have mentioned is the size of the current dev kit.
It's slightly thicker than the Nintendo 3DS XL when folded, so 25 mm, with a width of around 281 mm and a height of 92 mm with the controllers attached. Separated, the controllers have the same depth and height, and they both have a width of 38 mm, making the console itself have a width of 205 mm.
I've made a picture detailing where the TV port, headphone port, SD Card port, power button and cartridge port can be found.
Report: NX Handheld Dimensions, Layout Info, Lack of Region Lock