Nintendo Switch Official Thread

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
This guy is sooooooooooooooooooooooo anti-Nintendo. He has made a ton of anti-Nintendo videos. Wtf is wrong with him. Why can't he just play on his PS4/XB1 and not think about Nintendo?

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
a little info on nintendo rolling with Nvidia tech instead of AMD for the switch. i think the long view of this is to have the the docking station be a supplement to the handheld for people that want more powerful graphics. if executed correctly then nintendo's future is looking great.

The Nintendo Switch is using Nvidia technology for the first time ever, with a custom-built chip based on Nvidia’s Tegra. And this was a top priority for Nintendo, according to its technology head Genyo Takeda.

Nintendo was impressed by Nvidia’s success in the PC industry, and wanted the company to bring that graphics power to the Switch.

Specifically, Takeda said during a recent investors Q&A session:

“The PC has been a major gaming device, especially outside of Japan, and my top priority in the development of the Nintendo Switch hardware was to bring NVIDIAʼs GeForce, which has played a key role in realizing high-performance graphics for PC gaming, to our hardware with low power consumption.”

Using Nvidia is a big step for Nintendo, who used ATI (AMD) graphics in their last three consoles: the Wii U, Wii, and GameCube all had graphics chips made by ATI (which was acquired by AMD back in 2006).

Nintendo: using Nvidia on the Switch was “top priority” - NintendoToday

Here4Lauryn

Banned
Daps
a little info on nintendo rolling with Nvidia tech instead of AMD for the switch. i think the long view of this is to have the the docking station be a supplement to the handheld for people that want more powerful graphics. if executed correctly then nintendo's future is looking great.

Wouldn't be surprised by this; as theirs a guy on the badu forum ( fj8885 is his username) who works for Foxconn (he's the one who leaked the joy cons last year), who says his department not to long ago manufactured (3,000) testing units of an add on to the dock that would increase the power of the unit.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This guy is sooooooooooooooooooooooo anti-Nintendo. He has made a ton of anti-Nintendo videos. Wtf is wrong with him. Why can't he just play on his PS4/XB1 and not think about Nintendo?

Everything isn't one of two extremes. Bond is a Nintendo fan that stop buying their shyt because of their decline. Nintendo shouldn't be above being criticized by gamers. Microsoft and Sony have directly changed due to such criticism.

The sad thing is Nintendo will never really change. Doing things their own way market be damned is too embedded in the DNA of the company.

Sometimes somebody else has a good idea. Sometimes there's a better way to do stuff than your way. Part of the reason Sony got where they are now is because they have no shame in incorporating others ideas. It's like Samsung in the cell phone arena.

The companies that rise to the top and stay there long term have no shame in stealing ideas. I look at Nintendo and I get the sense that they'd rather fail trying to create the next trend that incorporate others good ideas into their products.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Everything isn't one of two extremes. Bond is a Nintendo fan that stop buying their shyt because of their decline.
Remember when people bought systems just for the games. Remember. I could give a fukk what horrible decisions companies are making.

Here4Lauryn

Banned
Daps
What exact decline did Nintendo have? While the Wii U flopped and only sold around 13 million, their handheld console was selling 61 million units simultaneously. Matter of fact in Japan it sells more than the PS4 and the Vita. Nintendo haters generally want Nintendo to be like everyone else. Oh, just put a top of the line graphics card in, and package it as innovation. Be just like the other companies who do nothing but add a new graphics card, and sell their new consoles as something new while everything else remains the same. Let's just be stagnant on graphics and call it gaming innovation.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Wouldn't be surprised by this; as theirs a guy on the badu forum ( fj8885 is his username) who works for Foxconn (he's the one who leaked the joy cons last year), who says his department not to long ago manufactured (3,000) testing units of an add on to the dock that would increase the power of the unit.
Oh cool. I was interested in eGPU's at one point for my Macbook Pro but gave up. That's great they're adding one for Switch.

For anyone who is unfamiliar with eGPU's: External GPU (eGPU) Buyers Guide: Top 2016 eGPUs Reviewed

GPUnerd-eGPU-comparison.png

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
What exact decline did Nintendo have? While the Wii U flopped and only sold around 13 million, their handheld console was selling 61 million units simultaneously. Matter of fact in Japan it sells more than the PS4 and the Vita. Nintendo haters generally want Nintendo to be like everyone else. Oh, just put a top of the line graphics card in, and package it as innovation. Be just like the other companies who do nothing but add a new graphics card, and sell their new consoles as something new while everything else remains the same. Let's just be stagnant on graphics and call it gaming innovation.

They don't have to be like their competitors but adopting some of their philosophies wouldn't have hurt. Take the eShop...the fact shyt is tied to the system itself is some asinine bullshyt (while we finally got an account system, it makes no difference, your digital shyt is still tied to the system)...the process of transferring from system to system is overly convoluted. Rarely are games cross buy, and double-triple dipping you on fukking old ass NES/SNES games is :gucci:

Then you got the online system itself...friend codes...?:mjlol::francis:

That's why it's still :comeon: they gonna attempt a paid service when they've yet to prove their service is even worth using.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
They don't have to be like their competitors but adopting some of their philosophies wouldn't have hurt. Take the eShop...the fact shyt is tied to the system itself is some asinine bullshyt (while we finally got an account system, it makes no difference, your digital shyt is still tied to the system)...the process of transferring from system to system is overly convoluted. Rarely are games cross buy, and double-triple dipping you on fukking old ass NES/SNES games is :gucci:

Then you got the online system itself...friend codes...?:mjlol::francis:

That's why it's still :comeon: they gonna attempt a paid service when they've yet to prove their service is even worth using.

I didn't own a Wii-U but didn't they ditch friend codes after the Wii?

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
yeah we have an account system now (Nintendo Network ID)...but the fact they utilized Friend codes for so long is ridiculous, and I think FC are being used for Super Mario Run.