Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
The Wii U is a valuable console. Nintendo has long since dried up the supply on them and I don't know if you've noticed but a used Wii U trades in for more than a used PS4 on a site like Amazon. At Gamestop the Wii U trades in for $5 less than the new Slim PS4.

About the only place you can get a Wii U at retail is used or refurbished from Gamestop. Places like Amazon (direct), Target, Walmart, and the like no longer stock the console. Really if you plan to get a Wii U the time is now because as they become more and more rare the price will go up higher.
Got dammit Nintendo... smfh

Gonna have to wait.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Got dammit Nintendo... smfh

Gonna have to wait.
There was never a fire sale on the Wii U. I don't even think the price on the 32GB model ever really fell below $299 did it? Nintendo simply dropped down production levels when it became obvious it was gonna fall and stores sold through their inventory and that was that. Several years ago it was clear how things were playing out.

You can still get refurbished ones at a decent price from Nintendo directly at $200
Shop Nintendo | Nintendo Online Store

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
There was never a fire sale on the Wii U. I don't even think the price on the 32GB model ever really fell below $299 did it? Nintendo simply dropped down production levels when it became obvious it was gonna fall and stores sold through their inventory and that was that. Several years ago it was clear how things were playing out.

You can still get refurbished ones at a decent price from Nintendo directly at $200
WTF. When exactly did Nintendo give up on Wii-U?
I really thought at some point them shyts would come down to $199 brand new.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

I don't think the Wii U is worth $200 at this point tbh.

Might as well just fork over the extra $100 in about 5 weeks for a console that will receive all its support from here on out

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
It it wasn't for a new Zelda, I wouldn't have bought the Switch. I was literally waiting for a new Zelda before I bought a Wii-U. For me, the Mario games and Zelda have been system sellers. It was the only reason I wanted a NES, GB, DS, N64, GC and Wii. Skipped out on Wii-U cause 3D World didn't look appealing and heard Zelda coming to Switch.

I think Nintendo is gonna sell more than the Wii-U because there are a thousand of gamers just like me who was waiting for a new good Truly 3D Mario and Zelda. I can't hate on Mario 3D World but I need that SM64 or Galaxy feel ya dig.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
purchased a Wii U at the end of 2015 and sorta regret it. I should have bought a 3DS instead. It was a well supported platform. At the point of my purchase I thought Nintendo would turn things around with the Wii U when Smash, Xenoblade, and Splatoon came out.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
purchased a Wii U at the end of 2015 and sorta regret it.
Why? The Wii U has a fair amount of worthwhile games on it. Maybe if it was your only console it would be a disappointment. It's not like Nintendo didn't support it at all. The releases were separated by long droughts but if you consider the entire library it's worth having in the end.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
wii-u games id get off the top

bayonetta 2 and 1
mario maker, new super mario wii u and mario 3d world
both hd zeldas
smash bros, hyrule warriors and pokken tournament

thats all i can think of

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Why? The Wii U has a fair amount of worthwhile games on it. Maybe if it was your only console it would be a disappointment. It's not like Nintendo didn't support it at all. The releases were separated by long droughts but if you consider the entire library it's worth having in the end.
If he waited this long why not just wait for the switch at this point? The Wii U is a dead platform.

Also, given the fact that the Wii U sold like shyt I'm willing to bet that the best games will come to the switch anyway.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
If he waited this long why not just wait for the switch at this point? The Wii U is a dead platform.

Also, given the fact that the Wii U sold like shyt I'm willing to bet that the best games will come to the switch anyway.
I hope so.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave

The people who played it sound way more excited than the internet armchairs :dwillhuh:

The kid in the middle is Etika. He always overexaggerates his emotions. I think Nintendo pays him.

The kid is a straight up clown. If I ever saw him in real life I'm going to fight him. I'm dead serious.