Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
The artificial scarcity strategy might work for Nintendo. Sell the first 2 million fast. Then when another big game comes out sell the next 2-5 million. Then so on and so on. It's sorta cheating. They might hit 10 mil quickly.

Edit: I was wondering....and bear with me. Should they be going hard in the western market? I know, I know but....most western gamers just care about graphics. Why not go hard in China with a growing middle class and billion+ population? I feel the Chinese market is untapped (mainland China not Hong Kong)

China has laws against consoles..

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Zu6DQVY.jpg

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
I put one on reserve thinking I could flip it due to Nintendo always shipping short, but I walked into Walmart this morning and they said they still had plenty for pre sale so I canceled that shyt since beyond Zelda nothing I'd want to play this year really...

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

While the launch line up is definitely light, I think it was actually a better idea to not release months old ports of 3rd party games this time around. The FIFA they're getting is supposedly custom built for Switch (which is why it's just called FIFA with no year) and they're getting 2K18 at the same time as the other consoles. The one that hurts is Mass Effect as that's being released during launch window.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
While the launch line up is definitely light, I think it was actually a better idea to not release months old ports of 3rd party games this time around. The FIFA they're getting is supposedly custom built for Switch (which is why it's just called FIFA with no year) and they're getting 2K18 at the same time as the other consoles. The one that hurts is Mass Effect as that's being released during launch window.
FIFA is a port of the last generation FIFA 17 from what I heard and there is no plans to have the new Mass Effect on Switch. Nintendo probably should have waited till Mario was ready to launch this. It's not like releasing it in March vs the end of the year makes too much difference. At least then they could launch with Zelda, Splatoon, Mario Kart, and Mario all day one and build some hype.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
have "real" sports titles even sold well overall on Nintendo?

They never really embraced that aspect...it was always the competition like Sega in the past, Sony, etc.

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
The artificial scarcity strategy might work for Nintendo. Sell the first 2 million fast. Then when another big game comes out sell the next 2-5 million. Then so on and so on. It's sorta cheating. They might hit 10 mil quickly.

Edit: I was wondering....and bear with me. Should they be going hard in the western market? I know, I know but....most western gamers just care about graphics. Why not go hard in China with a growing middle class and billion+ population? I feel the Chinese market is untapped (mainland China not Hong Kong)
yes and it prevents inventory nightmare