Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I was just reading this:

Nintendo always seems to have a trick up its sleeve.

The latest is a tweet from the company that announced a 'limited number' of pre-orders for the Nintendo Switch would be available this Friday, following this evening's big reveal.

What does this even mean? A pre-order isn't actually a physical thing. A pre-order serves two purposes. First, it let's customers reserve a product down the road so that they're sure to get one when it comes out. Second, it signals to the company just how much consumer interest exists for a product. If a lot of people pre-order the Switch, Nintendo will know that it's a hot-ticket item and can manufacture accordingly.

Limiting pre-orders does nothing for either party. It restricts how many customers can reserve an item and it withholds valuable data from the manufacturer, making it more difficult to meet supply demands at launch. The only purpose a 'limited' Switch pre-order day achieves is driving a little extra hype by getting the most ardent fans (and scalpers) to place their pre-orders as fast as possible. For the much wider audience that Nintendo is hoping to cast its net around, it merely induces head-scratching.

Well, that and fears that Nintendo will artificially create demand by restricting supply at launch, just like it did with the mini NES Classic Edition before the holidays. It's the same tactic Nintendo used for many of its Amiibo line, creating artificial scarcity of certain figures.

That's no way to treat your loyal customers and it's no way to build a new audience for the Switch. Sure, it's a tried and true method for selling the hottest toys at Christmas, but it's not something a company should do when their last video game console was, by every definition of the word, a huge flop. It plays into the hands of society's most brazen degenerates---scalpers---while punishing Nintendo's true fans.

Nintendo's 'Limited' Switch Pre-Order Gimmick Is Just Plain Silly

So fukking true. There better be enough preorders ready tomorrow :stopitslime:

SUAJCS*93*

Banned
Daps
So what's this about a Street Fighter 2 remake and new Bomberman being revealed tonight?:lupe:

Also.
12hoursremain__banner-auto-cropping.jpg

Is you playing with my emotions? :mjcry:

Some Japense Dev:

My translation:

"I wonder how they'll announce that "other" interesting feature, and how nikkas gonna react to it. :lupe:"

So is there something else we still don't know about that's important but unknown yet?? :lupe:

:picard::takedat::feedme:

SUAJCS*93*

Banned
Daps
U got to be fukking kidding bomber man back in day was the shyt high class fukkery
Wait till the bomb bout to blow kick that shyt to ur friend or sibling watch them die :laff:

shyt has high replay multiplayer value for me

That fukkin blue dragon over the bridge tho :snoop:...

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
U got to be fukking kidding bomber man back in day was the shyt high class fukkery
Wait till the bomb bout to blow kick that shyt to ur friend or sibling watch them die :laff:

shyt has high replay multiplayer value for me

I use to make nikkas mad in Bomberman 64. The multiplayer in those games are pure fukkery.:pachaha:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
People misunderstood the limited pre-order tweet. They were talking about pre-orders at the NY Nintendo store. Not pre-orders I'm general. Still, I don't quite get why they would limit pre-orders even then but whatever

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I don't know if they patched things up with Nintendo or not. All I know is about 4-5 years ago Amazon and Nintendo fell out and they stopped selling all Nintendo hardware directly. I think it was over the 3DS screen putting an impression on the other screen and Nintendo refusing to take them back and making Amazon eat the cost.
breh i was coppin wii u shyt and 3ds shyt from amazon since 2014 i got mk8 tropical freeze a 3ds smash bros 3ds pokemon omega red majoras mask 3ds remake mario 3d world wind waker hd remaster and all that from amazon on release day so i idk wtf u talking about.... the first time nintendo showed the commercial for the switch amazon said they will send me a email when the switch is up for pre order and that was in fukking november or whenever that switch commercial first dropped....u on some shyt breh