Nintendo Switch is for kids, yall should be ashamed of yourselves

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
10% of the gaming population isn’t that important of a market. japan has moved away from console game in general.

The PlayStation 4 remains the most popular console worldwide,with nearly 100 million units sold, but gamers in Japan account for less than 10% of global sales. In comparison, Nintendo has sold about 35 million Switch consoles worldwide, meaning roughly 20% of Switch sales come from Japan.

You also have to take into account Japanese developers develop games primary for U.S. and Japan. If you looking at pure numbers then your argument has merits. If they see a system doing well in Japan and U.S. they are more likely to develop for that system.

Again this is why some AAA games only come to PC and PlayStation since there is no Xbox support in Japan.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You also have to take into account Japanese developers develop games primary for U.S. and Japan. If you looking at pure numbers then your argument has merits. If they see a system doing well in Japan and U.S. they are more likely to develop for that system.

Again this is why some AAA games only come to PC and PlayStation since there is no Xbox support in Japan.

At this point japanese developers don’t really have a choice. All the big games developed there can only come to PlayStation. Microsoft isn’t a thing in Japan anymore period and the switch can’t run games like Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Nioh...etc

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
At this point japanese developers don’t really have a choice. All the big games developed there can only come to PlayStation. Microsoft isn’t a thing in Japan anymore period and the switch can’t run games like Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Nioh...etc

Oh, I agree with that. Developers will probably end up doing what Capcom is doing. Develop a version for next-gen consoles like Monster Hunter World and RE Villiage. While also developing versions for the Switch like Monster Hunter Rises and the leaked RE game that capcom has supposidly been working on.

But anyway the idea that PS5 is doomed in Japan is overstated. Still PC gaming is on the rise their.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Nitendo built for family gaming

You got a wife kids sister etc it easy stuff to keep people busy...espeically during lockdown . that's not as time consuming as a movie and let's people be involved :yeshrug:

Playing with family online >

Also the snes and nitendo games are on Your system and not connected to online .which is great having something g to do while taking care of a sick relative..having something you can play layed up on the couch or bed

I work some ten hour days I dont want to be upright lol

I love my ps4 but switch has a lot of use:hubie:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Because there's been a nintendo switch shortage since it released, so you taking a switch away from a kid who could be having their first console

We had our Nintendo's, let them have theirs
No there hasn't. Switches were everywhere until COVID-19 hit..things were rough but stabilized around the holiday. Now you have to be quick on your feet to get one, but it's not the Series X/PS5-style headache you're making it out to be.

The Switch is fun and has a great library. Mario Maker, and Smash Ultimate, and Breath of the Wild and a bunch of other games are a blast.

I'm not pulling out some Alibaba-ass pocket PC emulating handheld on a plane dude. THAT's a great way to look like a weirdo.

Stop trippin over what other people do with their money, man, it ain't healthy

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
terrible take ... you can jailbreak your switch and play whatever

Nintendo games are designed ... like the oldschool games, (if you're old enough to play them)
to where you're going to have a challenging, bad time on most of them.... which lets you play millions of playthroughs for most games

if we nitpick about the games that are one sided and over with quick ... you can say the same for every console. Super Mario Maker, Zelda, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Smash, Tennis, all the NES, SNES titles, Golf, Most of the Mario's, most of the games in general have hundreds of hours of gameplay in them

the shyt you posts is a clone of what you're dissing
only has 2 hours battery life and is 1080p ... with the upside of 60fps
I dont see how they arent gonna get sued... the joystick release buttons are the same
the clips are the same, the buttons on the top are exactly the same... its the same shyt with a trash battery and more ram
you'd end up paying more than a switch just to run PC on a tablet ... why pay 1000$ for just 60fps upgrade
when you can just wait for the new nintendo and stop running 1080p in 2021

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
If I ever see a grown man playing a switch I'm smacking that shyt out his hand like I'm Tyrone

Old ass nikka playing with kids toys

if you want a hand held gaming device because you travel on long flights, etc, it's no excuse because there's several hand held gaming PCs that have high performance and quality you can buy, like this

I fly 2 times a months and my switch is a Godsend for allowing me to pass the time while flying.

If a dude dared touch me or my switch while I’m playing it i would knock a mothefukker out, real talk. In Texas we stay strapped for clowns like yourself.

Sound like NY Nokia babble

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Are we japanese now? Why does this matter?
This is true, but since you’re a Sony Stan you’re a fukking hypocrite. You clowns have been using “Japan” to discredit the Xbox for over a decade.

meanwhile most Japanese youth are trying to date their cellphones and could give a flying fukk about gaming anymore.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I fly 2 times a months and my switch is a Godsend for allowing me to pass the time while flying.

If a dude dared touch me or my switch while I’m playing it i would knock a mothefukker out, real talk. In Texas we stay strapped for clowns like yourself.

Sound like NY Nokia babble

They hate Nintendo because they got Japan on lock, which is 1/3 of the entire gaming world.

Even worse, Sony aint even on the charts in the Japanese market anymore, but want to move goalposts and flip it as if Japan never mattered to them. In the past, Sony always bragged about how M$ can never blow because they never had Japanese support, but now moved their main PlayStation HQ to Cali, and forego that market altogether for extra shiny graphics and budgets that would bankrupt the majority of Hollywood movie studios.