Nintendo Switch is for kids, yall should be ashamed of yourselves

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
still kinda pissed Apple didn't allow MS to put their streaming app on their store. I'd be willing to get all kinds of handheld especially something that has the same power as a high powered PC that's affordable too. Sony release a handheld I'mma cop as well but I can't see them restricting devs if the device ain't as powerful as the PS5. so it would have to be a streaming device maybe.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Nintendo stay alienating the biggest studios that make the AAA games with their weak ass hardware. Fukk em. Glad the last ninturdo shyt I owned was the gc. Last time I gave a fukk about mario or zelda was like 2006 :mjlol:

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
While I don't agree with the wording that OP used. But I agree from a hardware perspective Nintendo is far beyond the competition. Outside of Smash and Mario Kart all their first party games can't reach 1080p when docked. At a certain point it does get frustarting. For instance the last game I played on my Switch Ys Viii. As much as I loved that game part of me wished I knew I would have ended up getting a PS5 because I would have played it on that.

With that being said Switch's software lineup is great and that fact makes it an amazing secondary system to either PS5 or PC.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m working on playing thru my switch catalog so I can sell it...I don’t think I played it more than 20 hours all of last year and that’s during a pandemic when we were forced to quarantine...I need to clear the backlog on the switch and the PS3 cuz it’s clear they’re just gonna be taking up space/collecting dust this gen as I’m already heavily into both the XSX and the PS5...I’m no longer that excited about BOTW 2 or odyssey 2 as I currently play thru both again

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Are we japanese now? Why does this matter?
Because that is an important market in terms of sales and also a big reason why Sony always did better then Microsoft. To say it is not important is being ignorant.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd rather get a gaming laptop with a 15 inch screen, gamepad, mouse and keyboard then to play pc games on a handheld like that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I like Mario and Zelda as much as the next man but OP is right.

All of Nintendo’s games are made for kids. Sure an adult can play and have fun with them, but from a game design standpoint everything they do is kid friendly.

Imagine a Mario game where they didn’t have to worry about making it so 7 year olds can play. We could get some truly difficult and complex platforming challenges. But instead we get a game where 99% of the game is little to no challenge, then you get a little piece at the end that actually offers a challenge. But most people won’t have the desire to collect 30,000 mindless collectibles to unlock.:martin:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Because that is an important market in terms of sales and also a big reason why Sony always did better then Microsoft. To say it is not important is being ignorant.

10% of the gaming population isn’t that important of a market. japan has moved away from console game in general.

The PlayStation 4 remains the most popular console worldwide,with nearly 100 million units sold, but gamers in Japan account for less than 10% of global sales. In comparison, Nintendo has sold about 35 million Switch consoles worldwide, meaning roughly 20% of Switch sales come from Japan.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I like Mario and Zelda as much as the next man but OP is right.

All of Nintendo’s games are made for kids. Sure an adult can play and have fun with them, but from a game design standpoint everything they do is kid friendly.

Imagine a Mario game where they didn’t have to worry about making it so 7 year olds can play. We could get some truly difficult and complex platforming challenges. But instead we get a game where 99% of the game is little to no challenge, then you get a little piece at the end that actually offers a challenge. But most people won’t have the desire to collect 30,000 mindless collectibles to unlock.:martin:

Imo the difficulty dropped when Mario games went from 2d to 3d. I remember I tried playing the real Super Mario Bros 2 shyt was no joke. It was so hard Nintendo gave us a completely different version of super Mario bros 2.